INSIGNIA CRUISE DIRECTOR ?

FetaCheese

Bob,

I've heard those same 2 are going to be onboard for ATW20. 

Had the pleasure of sailing with Ray and Andy Heath for ATW16 but we've never sailed with Leslie Jon.

I understand trivia is great with him too and his shoe collection is unbelievable!

could be Peter Roberts although I'm sure I was told Leslie Jon by someone on board.  Perhaps that person was confused. 

I clearly remember thinking I could check out the trivia master's feet while I was racking my brain for an answer--hey, we all get our inspiration in different ways !!!

Anyway, I understand Mr. Jon has been with O for years so I imagine he's seen it all and heard it all!

5 minutes ago, cbb said:

could be Peter Roberts although I'm sure I was told Leslie Jon by someone on board.  Perhaps that person was confused. 

I clearly remember thinking I could check out the trivia master's feet while I was racking my brain for an answer--hey, we all get our inspiration in different ways !!!

Anyway, I understand Mr. Jon has been with O for years so I imagine he's seen it all and heard it all!

Seen and heard it all... Just  like Farmers. 

LOVE Leslie Jon....he was our CD for our first 10 cruises....wonderful and interesting man with a great sense of humor. Sadly we haven't had him since but hoping he'll be on in Feb as we would love to spend time with him again. And indeed, he's just like Farmer's. 

3 hours ago, cbb said:

On Marina in April they had a video  they did of Peter & his shoe  collection  it was on one of the TV channels

it was quite  amusing 

We were on Sirena in August and Leslie Jon was the CD. He did an excellent job. Approachable, pleasant and a brilliant trivia quiz host! As to Carson, possibly the worst, if thats's the correct word. I found him cringeworthy, a case of "enough about me, lets talk about.... me!" Each to their own though.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, firsttimers68 said:

...As to Carson, possibly the worst, if thats's the correct word. I found him cringeworthy, a case of "enough about me, lets talk about.... me!" Each to their own though.

You are spot on there.  We spent a month with Carson last year, and though self-obsession usually sends me running, I found I was surprisingly tolerant of him that trip - like a puppy that was chewing on the furniture but it wasn't my furniture.  It certainly saved me from the chore of making conversation... just ask him a question about himself, and I could just sit back and not have to say a another word for 15 minutes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, firsttimers68 said:

We were on Sirena in August and Leslie Jon was the CD. He did an excellent job. Approachable, pleasant and a brilliant trivia quiz host! As to Carson, possibly the worst, if thats's the correct word. I found him cringeworthy, a case of "enough about me, lets talk about.... me!" Each to their own though.

Do you how much longer Leslie will be staying on as Sirena's CD? I had been told that Julie James would be CD in November, with her contract ending 11/21/19 when Sirena arrives in Miami.

54 minutes ago, golfguyhhi said:

Do you how much longer Leslie will be staying on as Sirena's CD? I had been told that Julie James would be CD in November, with her contract ending 11/21/19 when Sirena arrives in Miami.

Why would it matter?

I can understand preferring one Director over another, but nobody is booking or cancelling based on that fact.

Are they?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanandJim said:

Why would it matter?

I can understand preferring one Director over another, but nobody is booking or cancelling based on that fact.

Are they?

No.  A really good CD can add to a cruise experience.  But, I've never had one that lessens the experience.

14 hours ago, golfguyhhi said:

I have no idea, sorry! It was our first time on Sirena. I have to say that Leslie Jon doing his final trivia question each day was a laugh!! It was the movie quote and he really got into the character, very funny guy!

15 hours ago, Kate-AHF said:

You are spot on there.  We spent a month with Carson last year, and though self-obsession usually sends me running, I found I was surprisingly tolerant of him that trip - like a puppy that was chewing on the furniture but it wasn't my furniture.  It certainly saved me from the chore of making conversation... just ask him a question about himself, and I could just sit back and not have to say a another word for 15 minutes.

Now that made me laugh! You are so right though. Unfortunately we sat through his pity party show one night and it was pretty cringeworthy. I sat there hoping it would improve, sadly it didn't.

9 hours ago, firsttimers68 said:

Now that made me laugh! You are so right though. Unfortunately we sat through his pity party show one night and it was pretty cringeworthy. I sat there hoping it would improve, sadly it didn't.

Sorry that his history of being bullied to the point of spending 3 months in the hospital and how that affected his career in music you found cringeworthy. I found him to be inspirational and an excellent singer and performer.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ChappChapp said:

Sorry that his history of being bullied to the point of spending 3 months in the hospital and how that affected his career in music you found cringeworthy. I found him to be inspirational and an excellent singer and performer.

Edited by firsttimers68
typos!