Eclipse Stateroom change question

FranciscoFamily

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

Could you give us a bit more detail, such as the prices for these two options, which ship and what itinerary. These factors certainly influence any recommendations.

I did mention that it was on the Eclipse.

It's a Pacific Coast Cruise-9 nights

$200 more for the veranda

I am not really worried about the cost, I guess just wondering how an oceanview on deck 3 would compare to a veranda anywhere else.  Is there an upside to deck 3?  A downside to deck 3?  Any reason we might not want a veranda in an unknown location?

The upsides to Deck 3 are that it is generally quiet (if you aren't real close to mid-ship where the music is) and when there is no big party going on you can easily catch an elevator as you are on such a low floor.  The downside is that when there is a party going on, or a popular band, getting from one side to another can be a challenge.  Also could be noisy if you are close to the center.  The other upside is that the lower you go, the less motion if that matters to you.

The upsides to a veranda are so many.  That said, if it is a veranda GTY you may get one of the less desirable cabins, like an obstructed one, or one way upfront where you can really feel the motion if there is any.  Is the veranda a GTY?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

The other upside is that the lower you go, the less motion if that matters to you.

Is the veranda a GTY?

We have done a lot of cruising(on other lines) in the carribean and never been bothered by motion don't know if it is different on the California Coast

No, it's a move up bid.  Not sure if we want to do it or if it will be accepted even.  Just looking for pros and cons.  thanks so much for the help!  

We never book cabins directly under an active deck area. 3116 is directly under Celebrity Central and the Entertainment Court, so noise might be a consideration. The other negative is that the view from deck 3 is quite limited compared to higher decks. Personally, I'd go for the move up bid as I think you have a pretty good chance of getting a better cabin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

We never book cabins directly under an active deck area. 3116 is directly under Celebrity Central and the Entertainment Court, so noise might be a consideration. The other negative is that the view from deck 3 is quite limited compared to higher decks. Personally, I'd go for the move up bid as I think you have a pretty good chance of getting a better cabin.

Thank you for that info!  I had not even heard of celebrity Central and the entertainment Court before your post.  

You can also forgo the upsell and just request another deck 3 cabin in your fare class if available. You can find additional cabin options on the X cite by doing a mock booking to see what is available. There are some web sites that might show more availibility but we cannot name them on Cruise Critic. 

You do not want to be far forward. You can be disturbed by the anchor and any ship's motion is most active toward to bow.

The Pacific can be more "active" than the Caribbean. Since you are not a novice cruiser I'm sure you already know that too.

Hope all works for you and you have a great cruise.

We are also on this same cruise and thinking about a move up.  We are currently in an inside stateroom.

One thing to consider is that the veranda cabins (all) are 194 square feet.  The ocean view cabins are 175 square feet.

Amazingly the insides are 200 square feet. 

The fact that there are a lot of port days is a consideration but we find that we don't like to rush off the ship and

are often back early enough to enjoy our stateroom a lot. A balcony is a nice to relax after running around in port.

We don't usually do ship excursions but are more DIY explorers. 

I think this flexibility will help because of the large number of tendering ports scheduled.

We are concerned about making a move up because Celebrity assigns the new cabins with no option to change.

We don't like adjoining doors and want a quiet location.  Our inside was a very good price as a result of a move from

an earlier chartered cruise.   If you are not on the roll call you might consider checking it out for information.

Phyllis

• 3 weeks later...

There is an "S" class spread sheet in a sticky post at the top of the Celebrity forum.  It can be searched for cabin reviews.

Follow up to an earlier reply on this thread.  We are on your cruise and did change from an inside to a veranda on the recent

price drop.  We were able to pick a nice cabin by up grading instead of making a move up bid.  That said we also put in

weak move up bids for a family ocean view and a sky suite.  We will most likely remain in our veranda.

Hope to meet you at the "connections" event on the cruise.

Phyllis

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

There is an "S" class spread sheet in a sticky post at the top of the Celebrity forum.  It can be searched for cabin reviews.

Follow up to an earlier reply on this thread.  We are on your cruise and did change from an inside to a veranda on the recent

price drop.  We were able to pick a nice cabin by up grading instead of making a move up bid.  That said we also put in

weak move up bids for a family ocean view and a sky suite.  We will most likely remain in our veranda.

Hope to meet you at the "connections" event on the cruise.

Phyllis

We also just upgraded to a verandah which is why I was wondering about the stateroom reviews.

4 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Here you go:

Click here to Access the Spreadsheet.

Thank you!