Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
nelblu

Facial Technology Implemented at Bayonne--Pure Pleasure

Recommended Posts

Off the Anthem on Sept. 7 and Customs/Security was using Facial Technology to process Pax.  It was fast & quick.  The only other time that we experienced this process was in Miami when we sailed the Symphony.

 

Also of note to those that have wheelchairs.  We had applied for assistance to disembark.  Bottom line the process/staff was was fantastic.  Met at Jamie's 7:30  AM and when most of the self assistance Paxs disembarked, the wheelchairs procession followed.  Easy as pie.   Staff could not be any more efficient and nice.  Our helper, took us directly from the ship all the way to the garage.  He knew of as side door that led us to the garage.  Unbelievably efficient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PC has had it for awhile, but bit didn't work for Laura today.

First time in around 6 sailings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering the issues I have at Global entry at airports, always have to go to diplomatic line and see an agent, I have my doubts of it working with me.  But hope I'm wrong.  We'll see when we disembark in November,  or in October during b2b.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It made disembarking the Symphony in Miami fast and easy. From the time we scanned through ship's security for the last time and when we hit the curb, we never stopped  fast paced walk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

It made disembarking the Symphony in Miami fast and easy. From the time we scanned through ship's security for the last time and when we hit the curb, we never stopped  fast paced walk. 

 

The scanners picked you up while you were walking. I've always stopped till it acknowledged me in PC. Now it's just a few seconds, but we still stopped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Ok, dh wants to know what picture they are comparing you to?

The one on your passport 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

The one on your passport 

Ok, but not everyone has a passport.  Some pictures can be old, etc.  When doing b2b do you have to do it at end of first cruise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, njkruzer said:

Ok, but not everyone has a passport.  Some pictures can be old, etc.  When doing b2b do you have to do it at end of first cruise?

From what I’ve read it is only available to those that checked in with a passport.  No passport you stand in line 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nelblu said:

Off the Anthem on Sept. 7 and Customs/Security was using Facial Technology to process Pax.  It was fast & quick.  The only other time that we experienced this process was in Miami when we sailed the Symphony.

 

Also of note to those that have wheelchairs.  We had applied for assistance to disembark.  Bottom line the process/staff was was fantastic.  Met at Jamie's 7:30  AM and when most of the self assistance Paxs disembarked, the wheelchairs procession followed.  Easy as pie.   Staff could not be any more efficient and nice.  Our helper, took us directly from the ship all the way to the garage.  He knew of as side door that led us to the garage.  Unbelievably efficient.

CL had it last October when we cruised on Anthem.  We got off the ship and through customs in a matter of minutes.  It's not new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

From what I’ve read it is only available to those that checked in with a passport.  No passport you stand in line 

Makes sense.  We'll try it out in November after our b2b on the Anthem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Ok, but not everyone has a passport.  Some pictures can be old, etc.  When doing b2b do you have to do it at end of first cruise?

 

Yes, you have to do it on each leg.

 

Now here is something to think about. Laura checked in last Friday on Mariner. The greater didnt like the photo I uploaded, said it wouldn't do, so she took a new one prior to boarding. 

 

When she did the B2B immigration check, she had no problems, and the then a different greeter had no problem with the photo I uploaded.  Which was the same photo that wouldn't do 3 days earlier. 

 

However, when she got off this morning, facial recognition didn't recognize her and she had to go to the manual line. 

 

So maybe they don't use the passport photo.

Or this was just a coincidence.  Beats me.

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, John&LaLa said:

 

Yes, you have to do it on each leg.

 

Now here is something to think about. Laura checked in last Friday on Mariner. The greater didnt like the photo I uploaded, said it wouldn't do, so she took a new one prior to boarding. 

 

When she did the B2B immigration check, she had no problem with the photo I uploaded.  However, when she got off this morning, facial recognition didn't recognize her and she had to go to the manual line. 

 

So maybe they don't use the passport photo.

Or this was just a coincidence.  Beats me.

Sounds about right.  They seldom like the picture I download.   On a b2b on the Adventure a few years ago we met in a lounge and never had to get off.  We scanned off, got new cards, scanned back on.  Simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, njkruzer said:

Sounds about right.  They seldom like the picture I download.   On a b2b on the Adventure a few years ago we met in a lounge and never had to get off.  We scanned off, got new cards, scanned back on.  Simple.

 

I'm sure you'll be fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Yes, you have to do it on each leg.

 

Now here is something to think about. Laura checked in last Friday on Mariner. The greater didnt like the photo I uploaded, said it wouldn't do, so she took a new one prior to boarding. 

 

When she did the B2B immigration check, she had no problems, and the then a different greeter had no problem with the photo I uploaded.  Which was the same photo that wouldn't do 3 days earlier. 

 

However, when she got off this morning, facial recognition didn't recognize her and she had to go to the manual line. 

 

So maybe they don't use the passport photo.

Or this was just a coincidence.  Beats me.

You didn’t upload a picture of Bella and not tell Laura did you?😇

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You didn’t upload a picture of Bella and not tell Laura did you?😇

 

Like this 🤔

2019_04_25_11_59_39_Window.jpg.054311c8e4799d3c715907d321e9336d.jpg

 

Umm, no.

 

Another funny story, though.

 

I was returning the rental car when Laura and Pat checked in. Apparently the gate agent got a chuckle. I missed it. 

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

The scanners picked you up while you were walking. 

It was the same on the way in with expedited check in- surprised how well it worked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It was the same on the way in with expedited check in- surprised how well it worked. 

 

PC isnt using it checking in. Still using greeters with tablets. Which is a change from last spring

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It worked for us in May, in Bayonne. We were surprised and delighted.  My question is what if you had something to declare ? We didn't, so it wasn't an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Federal immigration is bringing  Facial Recognition to other US Port terminals also . 

Soon Galveston will have in Existing Terminals # 1&2 along with new terminal #3 when completed. 

Edited by ssb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The one on your passport 

Mine was the one taken at check in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand what this is? Is it for getting off the ship after the cruise so you dont need to go through the security line. I will be sailing out of Bayonne.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lauren0309 said:

I don't understand what this is? Is it for getting off the ship after the cruise so you dont need to go through the security line. I will be sailing out of Bayonne.

 

After getting off the ship you don't have to see the government agents and show your passport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand what this is? Is it for getting off the ship after the cruise so you dont need to go through the security line. I will be sailing out of Bayonne.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...