Can you have guest from another dining time if room?

mattR

Traveling with some family, unfortunately one family booked later so are wait-listed for early dinner.  One night Grandma and Grandpa are taking the grand kids out to a specialty restaurant.  On that night can we invite our other family to join us since there will be extra room at our table? 

9 minutes ago, mattR said:

Traveling with some family, unfortunately one family booked later so are wait-listed for early dinner.  One night Grandma and Grandpa are taking the grand kids out to a specialty restaurant.  On that night can we invite our other family to join us since there will be extra room at our table? 

Can’t see any reason that won’t work. 

• Like 1

Matt, have those that booked later keep checking as people are always cancelling. If this hasn't been fixed before you sail visit the MDR once on board.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We always have MTD but often eat in the Windjammer. Where are my tips going? I would think they would get divided among any/all food employees. What if we were to only eat in the Park Cafe? How would Royal know where we're eating and how to distribute the tips?

• Like 1

I think you will be able to do it but speak to your MDR waitstaff the day before to confirm. 

On one cruise we were at a table for 6 with 2 other couples. One night us and one of the couples decided to go to Chops, the other couple didn't want to join us. They had made friends with a couple on MTD but asked our wait team if it would be possible to invite them to the table the night there was space and were told it was no problem. 

We always do pre paid tips so assume it made no difference.

9 hours ago, mattR said:

I see no reason anyone would object. Tips are already paid for those empty seats

Well they do ask your room number for MTD and CK, so there is some relationship to where you eat. And obviously they know your room number if you are in a speciality venue. Do those folks earn some of your prepaid is even another question 

I was more curious if you go to a venue where they dont ask your room number

• Clarea changed the title to Can you have guest from another dining time if room?
11 hours ago, mattR said:

Call Royal and ask them to link your reservations together. With linked reservations, they 'should' be able to just seat you at a bigger table. (at least that has been my experience when linking reservations together even when they weren't booked at the same time)

1 hour ago, banderboo said:

Call Royal and ask them to link your reservations together. With linked reservations, they 'should' be able to just seat you at a bigger table. (at least that has been my experience when linking reservations together even when they weren't booked at the same time)

This doesn´t work when they are not on the same Dining time. 

13 minutes ago, banderboo said:

I've had luck getting dining type changed when we've linked the reservations but that may not happen in all cases.

As the OP stated their Family is waitlisted for their (early) Dining time. So it´s not possible for them to Change Dining times at this time and thus they can´t be linked, at least not until they clear the waitlist. 

58 minutes ago, 3CatsInMA said:

I agree that you should give the waiters a 24-hour advance warning of your plans.

I also don't see why the waitstaff would have any problem at all with a one night change like this.

Do you tell your waiter if you aren't planning on coming the next night?