Roatan, Mahogany Bay to West Bay Beach...Cab?

Mary Cruiser

We will be arriving on Carnival Vista in October, to Mahogany Bay, Roatan.  We are interested in going to West Bay Beach to snorkel (our own gear) and relax on the beach.  Is it possible, or advisable, to take a cab there, pay for what we want (I am not sure what place we'd go to, or what they would charge), thinking lunch & drinks.  We would not spend all day there, just do some snorkeling/beach time, then return to the ship.  Is it possible to just get a cab there, and back to port, on our own, without booking with a tour guide?  We are always concerned about not making it back to port in time for the ship's departure, so if we need to book a tour, we will.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

3 hours ago, Mary Cruiser said:

Sorry,  I don't know how to delet this post above.  We went ahead and booked with Rony's tours.  

Thank you.

Good choice.  I was going to say book with Bananarama or Beachers and use their transportation.  Rony's will take good care of you. Enjoy your day.

3 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Where is this- Bananarama? Is transport on a bus?

That second pic looks a bit like Bananarama but the last (Fifth) pic doesn't look anything like West Bay. 

Bananarama is can be the busiest spot on the beach already, why would they partner with anyone for more business?  or maybe they got tired of sorting transport themselves. 

Edited by Guest 2000

22 minutes ago, Guest 2000 said:

That second pic looks a bit like Bananarama but the last (Fifth) pic doesn't look anything like West Bay. 

Bananarama is can be the busiest spot on the beach already, why would they partner with anyone for more business?  or maybe they got tired of sorting transport themselves. 

I have found erroneous photos before on Island Marketing website which is why I asked for confirmation from previous poster who has presumably been on this excursion.

Sometimes you can do a “chat” and sometimes you can get confirmation of location. I wish they would be transparent.