Pursuit cruises now not visible

NeilWM

The cruise around Japan we have booked on Pursuit for April 2021 is now not visible, as are most of the Pursuit cruises for early 2021. Is there a simple reason for this or are they possibly changing itineraries for this period?

1 hour ago, Ithikan said:

Wow, confirmed, NeilWM.  Just checked with our TA and all cabin categories on the Pursuit cruise we'd been contemplating are "Unavailable."  Feeling sorry for those who've planned, paid a deposit, and booked... 

No way of knowing exactly what the situation is yet!

2 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

There are other gaps too- no Quest cruises after Feb 20 until May 4. Sounds like they’re having another look at itineraries

Did you mean 2021 because 2020 Quest cruises are still showing, thankfully as we are on one of them.

It could be that the ship has been chartered. That happened to us for our upcoming (Oct 2020) cruise. They reorganised all the cruises from early October 2020 to December 2020 on the Pursuit and like this all the cruises just disappeared from view. If it is this they will not reappear until all those currently booked on the affected cruises have been given an opportunity to move to a replacement cruise.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

Here is the answer! 

We received this notice today

Due to an extension to the Pursuit dry-dock period, we had to adjust the sail dates and itineraries of a few voyages and your upcoming voyage is among those impacted. Your embarkation date has been delayed by four days and is now departing Tokyo on April 11th

In addition, we have modified our port stop in Kobe to be a late-night stay rather than an overnight and are removing Hakodate entirely from the itinerary due to limited dock opportunities. To replace this port, we have added Niigata, Japan, a unique, food-centric city. We apologize for this inconvenience and hope you understand that when planning so far in advance, sometimes circumstances may arise that require us to alter our sailing schedules.

Rest assured, any shore excursions purchased for this voyage through Azamara will be refunded to the original form of payment. You can receive more information on new shore excursion opportunities by logging into your Voyage Planner. Also, we understand your travel plans are extremely valuable. To ease any disruptions that may occur, you to choose to cancel, a full refund for amounts paid will also be processed to the original form of payment. 

Please take some time to consider your options and review your personal calendar. We ask that you inform us of your decision no later than October 24th, 2019. All reservations that are not changed by the specified close date will be ineligible for the compensation offered.

Thank you for your understanding. We take great pride in bringing every Azamara guest unforgettable experiences both onboard our ships and within our destinations. We can assure you that your future Azamara vacation will deliver the highest standards of service and quality for which we are known.

We look forward to welcoming you on board.

Sincerely,

Azamara

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lenoirm said:

Here is the answer! 

We received this notice today

Due to an extension to the Pursuit dry-dock period, we had to adjust the sail dates and itineraries of a few voyages and your upcoming voyage is among those impacted. Your embarkation date has been delayed by four days and is now departing Tokyo on April 11th

In addition, we have modified our port stop in Kobe to be a late-night stay rather than an overnight and are removing Hakodate entirely from the itinerary due to limited dock opportunities. To replace this port, we have added Niigata, Japan, a unique, food-centric city. We apologize for this inconvenience and hope you understand that when planning so far in advance, sometimes circumstances may arise that require us to alter our sailing schedules.

Rest assured, any shore excursions purchased for this voyage through Azamara will be refunded to the original form of payment. You can receive more information on new shore excursion opportunities by logging into your Voyage Planner. Also, we understand your travel plans are extremely valuable. To ease any disruptions that may occur, you to choose to cancel, a full refund for amounts paid will also be processed to the original form of payment. 

Please take some time to consider your options and review your personal calendar. We ask that you inform us of your decision no later than October 24th, 2019. All reservations that are not changed by the specified close date will be ineligible for the compensation offered.

Thank you for your understanding. We take great pride in bringing every Azamara guest unforgettable experiences both onboard our ships and within our destinations. We can assure you that your future Azamara vacation will deliver the highest standards of service and quality for which we are known.

We look forward to welcoming you on board.

Sincerely,

Azamara

Thanks Lenoirm

Did you receive this by email from Azamara?  We're on the sailing before yours and Azamara keep telling us it's just an IT issue.

I've asked again today as we chose this cruise specificially for the itinerary so if changed, it would be useful to know.

I received a similar letter from my travel agent yesterday. I'm on a June 17 Greek intensive sailing. It is departing 2 days later and dropping 2 ports. Has an offer of $500 cabin/$1000 suite OBC if it take the adjusted itinerary or $250 cabin/$500 suite to rebook another cruise or a refund. I've been expecting this based on this thread. 

7 hours ago, missminnie said:

Thanks Lenoirm

Did you receive this by email from Azamara?  We're on the sailing before yours and Azamara keep telling us it's just an IT issue.

I've asked again today as we chose this cruise specificially for the itinerary so if changed, it would be useful to know.

Our TA contacted Azamara at my request and sent us this answer.

Your Cruise will probably be delayed or shorten as well.

If I understand Azamara convoluted message, the dry dock will be prolonged and the following cruises will be delayed.

Our TA will ask for a fully detailed itinerary (with departure/arrival dates).

No compensation is offered for the modified itinerary and it is not clear to us if the cruise will be shortened or not.

For the last 3 reservations made with Azamara, we have had changes of itineraries  or dates (Transatlantic 11/19, Suez Canal 11/20 and Japan 4/21).

Are we jinxed ? 

We love the onboard experience and the amazing crews but our patience is running thin with the pré cruise problems.

Yes, we know that things happen and that it is not in the near future but it is nevertheless stressful and does not gives a good image of a cruise company that aspire to reach the luxury level...

Micheline

6 minutes ago, lenoirm said:

Our TA contacted Azamara at my request and sent us this answer.

Your Cruise will probably be delayed or shorten as well.

If I understand Azamara convoluted message, the dry dock will be prolonged and the following cruises will be delayed.

Our TA will ask for a fully detailed itinerary (with departure/arrival dates).

No compensation is offered for the modified itinerary and it is not clear to us if the cruise will be shortened or not.

For the last 3 reservations made with Azamara, we have had changes of itineraries  or dates (Transatlantic 11/19, Suez Canal 11/20 and Japan 4/21).

Are we jinxed ? 

We love the onboard experience and the amazing crews but our patience is running thin with the pré cruise problems.

Yes, we know that things happen and that it is not in the near future but it is nevertheless stressful and does not gives a good image of a cruise company that aspire to reach the luxury level...

Micheline

Thanks Micheline

We booked direct and no-one has come back to us yet to advise what is happening with our cruise.  When I first contacted them to say it had disappeared for booking they told us it was an IT glitch and will be back soon.

Clearly not!  So your post was the first we heard of potential changes.  

Like you, not particularly happy about it as we cancelled another cruise to do this one for it's itinerary.

As soon as we find out, if we're not happy with the changes (if there are any) we'll be looking at alternatives.

Like you say, it's still a little way off so no immediate stress but other cruise lines will be selling out so the sooner we know the better so we can plan.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 7:17 AM, missminnie said:

Thanks Micheline

We booked direct and no-one has come back to us yet to advise what is happening with our cruise.  When I first contacted them to say it had disappeared for booking they told us it was an IT glitch and will be back soon.

Clearly not!  So your post was the first we heard of potential changes.  

Like you, not particularly happy about it as we cancelled another cruise to do this one for it's itinerary.

As soon as we find out, if we're not happy with the changes (if there are any) we'll be looking at alternatives.

Like you say, it's still a little way off so no immediate stress but other cruise lines will be selling out so the sooner we know the better so we can plan.

Hi MissMinnie,

You should have received the letter on 9/18/21. (I've posted it on your Roll Call now.)

Our LCV Ambassador would like you to email her at lcvambassador@leclubvoyage.com with your booking number. She wants to research why you have not received the letter from us.

1 hour ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hi MissMinnie,

You should have received the letter on 9/18/21. (I've posted it on your Roll Call now.)

Our LCV Ambassador would like you to email her at lcvambassador@leclubvoyage.com with your booking number. She wants to research why you have not received the letter from us.

Thanks Bonnie

That was very useful so thank you for posting.

Our contact at Azamara did try to find out the info yesterday for us but he couldn't let us know as the UK office hadn't sent out any notifications as yet.  Only the North America office had notified customers - not particular impressed by that as we're all on the same sailing regardless of where in the world we live.

I'll reach out to the Ambassador with our details.

Thank you