Cruise Critic Community
shaunanj

Humberto

It looks like Humberto is expected to hit Bermuda.  We are leaving out of Brooklyn on Monday for a six day cruise to Bermuda. Do you think it will be rerouted? What are possible reroute options?

My husband and I were re-routed on a Bermuda cruise in 2010 (Igor -- Enchantment of the Seas) and we went to the Bahamas.

I don't think that's on the table this time.  I know if it is a Northeast Port (Say, Baltimore and north) there's a non-zero chance that it will turn into a New England cruise (Boston, Bar Harbor, Nova Scotia, etc)

Depending on the ship, it's also possible that you might go to Canaveral and then an island or two South, but that may not be the case this time, as there may have been re-routes due to Dorian and its aftermath.

We are sailing on Sunshine from Charleston on September 22 with 2 sea days and then an overnight in Bermuda. There looks to be two hurricanes headed right on a bullseye to Bermuda. If our ship is diverted, where might we go? Thanks.

Humberto is beginning to impact Bermuda. Looking at the size of the wind fields, it is my opinion that Bermuda will certainly see strong tropical storm winds, and perhaps category 1 winds.  As long as it does not wobble closer, the path suggests the worse cat 1/2 winds will stay offshore.

Storm surge will be the main concern.  And beach erosion along the south shore.

Definitely easier for a Charleston cruise to head south and hopefully find an alternate port.

Brooklyn is harder. New England seems just as likely as going south. With a 6 day cruise cruise from Brooklyn there are very few choices heading south especially with Freeport unavailable. Nassau is often full. So New England/Canada seems more likely a choice.