Wind Spirit Bora Bora private island dinner

mel-b

Hi all, my DH and I will be on the Wind Spirit for the Sept. 26th sailing. We are super excited to experience not only FP for the first time, but Windstar as well. I want to obtain solid confirmation of which night in Bora Bora the private island dinner will occur. My TA asked Windstar and they said it would be the first night. However, from what I could gather on here and various reviews, previous cruisers have said it was on the second night. I'd like to lock this info down as I'm trying to arrange plans for the first day in Bora Bora (which happens to be my DH's actual 50th birthday). I'm looking into a sunset cruise and don't want to miss the private island dinner. Thanks!

We did this last July. The dinner is the second night. We had a nice full day in Bora Bora and the next day we spent over on the island where they have the dinner while they set up for the evening. We went back to the boat to change in the afternoon and returned for the dinner and show. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Howellmc said:

We did this last July. The dinner is the second night. We had a nice full day in Bora Bora and the next day we spent over on the island where they have the dinner while they set up for the evening. We went back to the boat to change in the afternoon and returned for the dinner and show. 

From the itinerary, it looks like Wind Spirit leaves Bora Bora at 9pm on the 2nd night.  What time does the island entertainment wrap up?

We did the 17 day in December and had TWO of the two day stays in Bora Bora so there were two dinners. Both took place on the second night. They will bring you to the motu early like 4:30-5pm dinner starts about 5:45-6pm and the show about 7:00pm. The show is over about 8:30pm and back to the ship for a 9pm departure. Be sure to have your camera for the dock at the motu. The photo shot of the ship with all it's lights against the night sky is unforgettable.

• Like 1

Yes - definitely the second night. It was fascinating watching the crew both setup and then pack up the event in basically a span of 7 hours. I watched from the deck as they loaded stuff on to the zodiacs. They had to load large crates by crane from the crew deck to a bobbing zodiac trying to hold position against the current. Once loaded they whisked off to the island and started the setup. Then, while the show is going on, the crew hustles packing it all back up (luckily saving the bar for last). Very efficiently done.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 8:05 AM, Howellmc said:

This sounds exactly right up our alley and the direction I'm leaning.. though I'd love for the private motu dinner to be held on the first night (my hubby's 50th birthday), I like the idea of a full day in Bora Bora on the first day and a relaxing day on the island on the second day. 

Edited by mel-b

On 9/16/2019 at 8:30 PM, Petoonya said:

We did the 17 day in December and had TWO of the two day stays in Bora Bora so there were two dinners. Both took place on the second night. They will bring you to the motu early like 4:30-5pm dinner starts about 5:45-6pm and the show about 7:00pm. The show is over about 8:30pm and back to the ship for a 9pm departure. Be sure to have your camera for the dock at the motu. The photo shot of the ship with all it's lights against the night sky is unforgettable.

Great advice about having our camera for the dock at the motu. I can't wait! Thanks, Petoonya! And thanks for recommending Tohora, at least I believe it was a post you made somewhere on this board recommending them. I just booked their afternoon whale watching/swim for the first afternoon. 

4 hours ago, mel-b said:

Great advice about having our camera for the dock at the motu. I can't wait! Thanks, Petoonya! And thanks for recommending Tohora, at least I believe it was a post you made somewhere on this board recommending them. I just booked their afternoon whale watching/swim for the first afternoon. 

You'll just love Simon at Tohora. He's very enthusiastic about the paradise he lives in and supremely eco conscious. You'll have a blast. I envy you attending the feast on the motu. Be sure to put your head down when the dancers go out to the group and select partners, lol. The fire dancers are impressive too. Have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mel-b said:

We hit the timing right in Early November, the sun was setting just as we were finishing up dinner, and the pics we have of the sunset are unbelievable. Word spread and the entire ship full went racing to the beach so as to not miss it.

• Like 1

Us too, the Private Island dinner was on the second night. Just in case, we planned our Motu lunch on the first day so not to interfere if WS had a change of plan. We were covered both ways. We had lunch at Bloody Marys on the second day (had to try this place). We had fun, did not spend big $$$ (had burger and a few drinks). We enjoyed it. I would put pictures up but it would spoils all the fun.

have a great time.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dandee2 said:

Us too, the Private Island dinner was on the second night. Just in case, we planned our Motu lunch on the first day so not to interfere if WS had a change of plan. We were covered both ways. We had lunch at Bloody Marys on the second day (had to try this place). We had fun, did not spend big $$$ (had burger and a few drinks). We enjoyed it. I would put pictures up but it would spoils all the fun.

have a great time.

Dandee, did you take a taxi to Bloody Mary's or rent a vehicle? I've thought about, for the second day in BB, making our way to Matira Beach for a bit and stopping at Bloody Mary's on the way to or back. Just wasn't sure if it was worth it and if we should just hang on the private island until the Windstar dinner..

Just got  back this morning from our Tahiti  cruise and dinner was second night at Bora Bora, the Moth was available during day for water activities and they hired afterwards to take us in 3 shifts to Moth and back, it 's a beautiful place.

This

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mel-b said:

Dandee, did you take a taxi to Bloody Mary's or rent a vehicle? I've thought about, for the second day in BB, making our way to Matira Beach for a bit and stopping at Bloody Mary's on the way to or back. Just wasn't sure if it was worth it and if we should just hang on the private island until the Windstar dinner..

Good day,

Day One: We took a taxi to Matira Beach in the morning and we told the driver to come back in 3 hours to bring us to Bloody Mary's. He came back about 1h30 later to bring us back to the pier in Vaitape. We got to the pier before dinner. You can arrange that at the pier in the morning with a driver.

Day Two. Took a private Combo tour ( https://boraboraexplorer.com/tours/motu-island-4x4-trip/) around the island in the AM. Just before lunch were were brougth to a small Motu a few distance awa from Matira for a polynesian lunch. We stayed a few hours and they brought us back to the ship with ample time to change and get ready for the short trip to the festivities on the private motu. We did not spend the day at the motu. 

There a few restaurant and beach bar at Matira.

• Like 1