How to get from Naples, Fl to Port of Miami

poss

The trip tik that I got from AAA shows a different route from mapquest.    I'm confused.   What do I do once I'm on I-75 south, Alligator Alley.   AAA shows great amounts of construction also.  My trip isn't for a couple of months, so things will no doubt be different by then.

I appreciate advice.   Thank you.

Take 41 all the way to Miami.

Stop at the cool places along the way.  Lots serve alligator.

FWIW, really no alternate routes or construction.  There are two roads from Naples to South Florida, 41 and I75 and both are through the Everglades.  Not really  anywhere else to go but East and West.

I75 is the north route straight to Fort Lauderdale but you can either take the turnpike or I95 South and 41 goes south in Naples and heads straight through to Miami, the Tiamiami Trail, To Miami Trail.

11 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

Take 41 all the way to Miami.

Stop at the cool places along the way.  Lots serve alligator.

FWIW, really no alternate routes or construction.  There are two roads from Naples to South Florida, 41 and I75 and both are through the Everglades.  Not really  anywhere else to go but East and West.

I75 is the north route straight to Fort Lauderdale but you can either take the turnpike or I95 South and 41 goes south in Naples and heads straight through to Miami, the Tiamiami Trail, To Miami Trail.

Good summation.  Only two choices😋   Unless OP is in a hurry I would second the recommendation of 41.  Interesting places to see and stop along the way.

Interstate 75 from Naples to the Port Of Miami takes approximately two and a half hours. Once you get to the east coast I would switch to Interstate 595 which takes you directly over to Interstate 95 South. Exit to Interstate 395 which takes you directly to the Tunnel exit for the Port Of Miami.

I did this drive weekly for two years from our home in Naples to our condo on Brickell, I-75 Alligator Alley is the easiest.  

It was always exactly a 2 hour drive from Pine Ridge/41 area to Brickell ave and since the port is so close and you have the tunnel on 95 it will take the same amount of time.

I always found that taking Alligator Alley to 595 to the turnpike and then 95 was the best route but that's a personal preference.  

But you can't hunt skunk apes if you take I75!

I75 to 595/95 would be best if just trying to do the drive.  But yeah, I'd also suggest 41 if first time here as a tourist. Why not stop and see something along the way?  Maybe even do an airboat ride and eat some gator like BH suggested. 

Edited by BNBR

There are only two ways to cross the Everglades. US-41 (do it if you have a day to spare) or I-75, the only option if you are coming in day of. Once you get into the Miami area there are a few other options to get to the Port but 75-595-Turnpike-95-395 makes the most sense. 

Best thing to do is download Waze or Google Maps and get live-time traffic to make sure you take the right way. 

Right now, on a random Monday afternoon is showing US-41 as 2 hours and 9min and I-75 as 2-hours and 1min. 

But US-41 is more prone to slow downs and has lower speed limits. I-75 most people are doing 80-90mph 

Edited by Flymia

On 9/16/2019 at 4:45 PM, Flymia said:

There are only two ways to cross the Everglades. US-41 (do it if you have a day to spare) or I-75, the only option if you are coming in day of. Once you get into the Miami area there are a few other options to get to the Port but 75-595-Turnpike-95-395 makes the most sense. 

Best thing to do is download Waze or Google Maps and get live-time traffic to make sure you take the right way. 

Right now, on a random Monday afternoon is showing US-41 as 2 hours and 9min and I-75 as 2-hours and 1min. 

But US-41 is more prone to slow downs and has lower speed limits. I-75 most people are doing 80-90mph 

+1