Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
EDLOS

Refund of Port Charges

Recommended Posts

Is the cruise line obligated to return your Port Charges when trip is canceled for medical reasons before sailing ?

I believe they pay Port Charges only on the number of passengers that are on Board  ???????

And/or if they resell your cabin, are they not collecting Port Charges twice if they do not refund yours ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EDLOS said:

Is the cruise line obligated to return your Port Charges when trip is canceled for medical reasons before sailing ?

I believe they pay Port Charges only on the number of passengers that are on Board  ???????

And/or if they resell your cabin, are they not collecting Port Charges twice if they do not refund yours ?

 

Have you found a cruise line/sailing that does not refund port charges if one has cancelled?

 

GC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was refunded my port charges from royal caribbean when i had to cancel a trip with them after final payment and insurance paid other things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

 

Have you found a cruise line/sailing that does not refund port charges if one has cancelled?

 

GC

My point in bringing this up is that you might reduce the amount of travel insurance  you purchase by the port charges and save some money which in the case of Panama Canal transits is quite expensive, particularly if you are an 80 plus year old codger like me !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EDLOS said:

My point in bringing this up is that you might reduce the amount of travel insurance  you purchase by the port charges and save some money which in the case of Panama Canal transits is quite expensive, particularly if you are an 80 plus year old codger like me !

 

Correct.

We never include those refundable fees/taxes.

The insurance wouldn't pay anyway, unless you could prove that for some reason reimbursement was refused.

 

GC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...