Cruise Critic Community
EDLOS

Refund of Port Charges

Is the cruise line obligated to return your Port Charges when trip is canceled for medical reasons before sailing ?

I believe they pay Port Charges only on the number of passengers that are on Board  ???????

And/or if they resell your cabin, are they not collecting Port Charges twice if they do not refund yours ?

1 hour ago, EDLOS said:

Is the cruise line obligated to return your Port Charges when trip is canceled for medical reasons before sailing ?

I believe they pay Port Charges only on the number of passengers that are on Board  ???????

And/or if they resell your cabin, are they not collecting Port Charges twice if they do not refund yours ?

Have you found a cruise line/sailing that does not refund port charges if one has cancelled?

GC

I was refunded my port charges from royal caribbean when i had to cancel a trip with them after final payment and insurance paid other things

22 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

Have you found a cruise line/sailing that does not refund port charges if one has cancelled?

GC

My point in bringing this up is that you might reduce the amount of travel insurance  you purchase by the port charges and save some money which in the case of Panama Canal transits is quite expensive, particularly if you are an 80 plus year old codger like me !

1 hour ago, EDLOS said:

My point in bringing this up is that you might reduce the amount of travel insurance  you purchase by the port charges and save some money which in the case of Panama Canal transits is quite expensive, particularly if you are an 80 plus year old codger like me !

Correct.

We never include those refundable fees/taxes.

The insurance wouldn't pay anyway, unless you could prove that for some reason reimbursement was refused.

GC