OB Bookings

Lexcruiser

We've never done an OB booking, but are considering it.  Does Seabourn Club status play any part in cabin assignments?  Will Seabourn assign the highest available category or is it completely random?  Previous posts suggest most OB assignments have been in the range of V4-6.  Does anyone have experience with either higher or lower assignments.  Any other experiences with OB are appreciated.

We have booked OB twice. Got V1 and V4. There is another thread with a lot of comments called “interesting ob assignments” about 4 pages in. Sorry I don’t know how to link to it but it covers that assignments are totally random. Hope you can find it and hope that helps. All cabins are fabulous so just don’t worry! Have a great cruise !

We've done many OB bookings (only on the O class ships) and we've been lucky in that it has always worked well. So far.

We usually go for a V1 upward guarantee and have always had a V5 or V6. Our assignment has most frequently been a deck 8 midship. We've been allocated midship deck 6 too. We've always been very pleased with our allocation. 

I can't stress enough that you really do have to look at what would be your worst case scenario and assess whether it would spoil your cruise should you be assigned for example, a suite that has only a shower, no bath, or the different layout suite that has a small veranda and so on.  

I don't think that club status has any effect on assignments but I don't know that for a fact. I really don't have a clue how they allocate the suite assignments. 

Edited by Isklaar

We booked an OB for the first time non on our last cruise--Kobe to Vancouver May/June 2019.  We were given 621 on Deck Six.  I have no idea which strata is is.  Previously, we had chosen our suite numbers and were on decks 7 and 8.  We both say that Suite 621 (Deck Six) on Sojourn was our favorite suite ever.  Why? It was close to an elevator (no noise at all) and convenient to wherever we needed to go.  We were just a hair toward the bow from being midship. We could look down the hall and see if the doors to the salon were open, we could hop on the elevator and be anywhere very quickly.  In the future, I'l be comparing prices between an OB and Suite 621.  

6 hours ago, Lexcruiser said:

We've never done an OB booking, but are considering it.  Does Seabourn Club status play any part in cabin assignments?  Will Seabourn assign the highest available category or is it completely random?  Previous posts suggest most OB assignments have been in the range of V4-6.  Does anyone have experience with either higher or lower assignments.  Any other experiences with OB are appreciated.

I've done about 8 OB bookings so far and suite assignments were from V2 to V6 and from deck 5 to deck 8 (on the O ships).  Wife is Diamond and I'll be Diamond this year but there is not rhyme or reason how suites are assigned.

I'm with SLSD on deck 6 middle.  I think it's the best deck in so many ways but especially in rough weather.  Our worst OB assignment turned out to be the BEST assignment ever - Deck 5 (525 I believe).  We went through a nor'easter out of Montreal going to Ft. Lauderdale and deck 5 middle was the calmest place to be on the ship.  While higher may seem better, It's not always.  "The more you pay the more you sway".  Don't expect, however, to be assigned the owner's suite.  With that said, there's not a bad suite on Seabourn.