Cruise Documents

agnesd

Some cruise terminals may want to see the first page showing you are actually on the cruise, just to get into the terminal. Some may not.
You should be good with just a copy of that page. You shouldn't need to take the whole booklet.
You can also request a digital copy of the docs from Viking.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

In my limited experience (embarking SJU and MIA), the port asked for documentation that you were booked on the cruise to enter the terminal. Then once inside Viking only needed your passports. I'm sure this can vary depending on the port.

A one page document showing your cruise booking should suffice. You can bring the booklet included in the docs and pitch it once onboard.

Where are you embarking---I'm sure others with better information can chime in.

Edited by broker1217

• 2 weeks later...

IN BARCELONA the port embarkation people wanted to see my Viking booklet.  I didn't bring it.  They had me wait until everyone else passed through and then waived me through.  Never happened before.  Lesson learned. Bring your Viking booklet or copy showing you're actually on the cruise.
Security levels vary even at the same port day to day.  

Related.  One more good reason to read your Viking Daily to see if carrying passports ashore is needed that day or not.  If not, I never bring because of risk of loss.  Impact of loss is really bad.

I was on the same cruise as Phil in Oct 2018 and can confirm we were also asked to show our cruise documents (i.e cruise booklet) at terminal check in at Barcelona.

We were not asked for it when checking in at Greenwich Pier for the “Into the Midnight Sun” cruise in July 2017.

I usually carry mine since there is a lot of info on the first few pages with contact numbers for the ship in the event of travel delays or emergencies.  If you don’t want all the bulk of excursion info, at least take the cover and first few pages which confirm you are booked on the cruise.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philw1776 said:

IN BARCELONA the port embarkation people wanted to see my Viking booklet.  I didn't bring it.  They had me wait until everyone else passed through and then waived me through.  Never happened before.  Lesson learned. Bring your Viking booklet or copy showing you're actually on the cruise.
Security levels vary even at the same port day to day.  

Related.  One more good reason to read your Viking Daily to see if carrying passports ashore is needed that day or not.  If not, I never bring because of risk of loss.  Impact of loss is really bad.

Thanks for the heads up. I have boarded in BCN twice now and never been asked to see the booklet but we are headed there again in January so I guess that I better make sure that the booklet is accessible, just in case.