Can someone explain repricing?!

Tntt

Ok I was looking on royal Caribbean website and it showed my cruise was 2800.00  per balcony cabin for harmony on next year. When I originally booked my cabin it was 3900.00 per balcony. When i originally booked I also had $800.00 future cruise credit and i put down 1000.00 deposit.

So I called royal Caribbean to get a reprice and they keep telling me with my future cruise credit and deposit applied my current price is lower than what they are advertising now they stated that if I repriced my cruise would be 200.00 more ....I was like how?!!!  I was on the phone for almost 30 mins trying to understand how they come up with their repricing....  I got nowhere.... I even called back and spoke to someone else and still got nowhere..... can somebody please help me understand the repricing am I just confused ??? am i asking the wrong questions???

Your FCC was good for a one-time reduction in the price of that particular category of stateroom.  If you change categories, you must pay the difference between the new price and the money that actually went out of your pocket (no credit for the FCC).

• Like 1

Like Bob said, the FCC is essentially a one off discount; it's not treated as a payment. Something still doesn't fully add up, as in that case the original price you paid would be basically $3,100 ($3,900 - $800 FCC "discount") so the new price should be $300 cheaper if I'm understanding everything correctly. 

Another thing of note with reprices is that the port fees and taxes that you pay don't change. So for example if your original cruise price was say $3,500 + $400 in port fees and taxes, and the current cruise price is $2,500 + $300 in port fees and taxes, if you repriced it would cost $2,900 (current price of $2,500 plus the $400 in port fees/taxes from when you originally booked)

5 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

Like Bob said, the FCC is essentially a one off discount; it's not treated as a payment. Something still doesn't fully add up, as in that case the original price you paid would be basically $3,100 ($3,900 - $800 FCC "discount") so the new price should be $300 cheaper if I'm understanding everything correctly. 

Another thing of note with reprices is that the port fees and taxes that you pay don't change. So for example if your original cruise price was say $3,500 + $400 in port fees and taxes, and the current cruise price is $2,500 + $300 in port fees and taxes, if you repriced it would cost $2,900 (current price of $2,500 plus the $400 in port fees/taxes from when you originally booked)

That's why I'm confused because that is the math I'm showing that it is cheaper but RC keeps telling me its not.

So it sounds like if you have a FCC the smartest plan is to not apply it until just before final. 

I know I applied mine when my friend added me to the cabin after he had already booked it. Though that was because I wasn't 100% sure I was going when it was booked.