Skirts made from saris

Wayfairers

4 minutes ago, Wayfairers said:

Yes the wrap around ones. The ads say they are made from saris

I brought a long reversible on about 8 years ago in Melbourne Beach Fl.  I still have it and love it.  The fabric is pretty, washes nice and packs real flat.  No wrinkles either.  Very light weight.  Great for a cruise.  I thought the fabric had a saris flare to it.  I just love the material that Saris are made from.  They are beautiful.

8 hours ago, geocruiser said:

I brought a long reversible on about 8 years ago in Melbourne Beach Fl.  I still have it and love it.  The fabric is pretty, washes nice and packs real flat.  No wrinkles either.  Very light weight.  Great for a cruise.  I thought the fabric had a saris flare to it.  I just love the material that Saris are made from.  They are beautiful.

Sounds like what I’m looking at.  Glad you like it and happy to hear no wrinkles and packs flat.   I agree, the material saris are made from is gorgeous.  How do you dry it?

5 hours ago, Wayfairers said:

Sounds like what I’m looking at.  Glad you like it and happy to hear no wrinkles and packs flat.   I agree, the material saris are made from is gorgeous.  How do you dry it?

I put it in the dryer for about 3 minutes to any wrinkles out from being in the washer.  Then I hung it up to finish drying.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=skirts+made+from+saris+fabric&ref=nb_sb_noss

Edited by geocruiser
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, geocruiser said:

I put it in the dryer for about 3 minutes to any wrinkles out from being in the washer.  Then I hung it up to finish drying.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=skirts+made+from+saris+fabric&ref=nb_sb_noss

We have free laundry on board HAL.  They wash/dry everything put in the wash as far as I know.  Do you think it could take a few dry cycles?  At home, I wouldn’t dry it, but we are on 53 days of cruising with HAL next year so I would expect it to be washed/dried a few times by them.

Why did I ever look at this thread!!😊  😁I just brought two more Saris skirts from Amazon.  I have a cruise in Oct. to the Caribbean and these are perfect.  This time we have to fly, so, these are nice and light, and look pretty. They will be coming with me.  Now I have three of them.  What kind of top do you wear with them?  I wear a nice tee/pull over top.

Wevez Printed Reversible Two Layer Wrap Around Plus Size Skirts

1 minute ago, Wayfairers said:

We have free laundry on board HAL.  They wash/dry everything put in the wash as far as I know.  Do you think it could take a few dry cycles?  At home, I wouldn’t dry it, but we are on 53 days of cruising with HAL next year so I would expect it to be washed/dried a few times by them.

I know some of HAL ships have self serve washers and dryers.  Does your ship have them?  On Princess I get free laundry service too.  I do write down special instruction for them to follow.  So far, so good.

PS The second one I brought they did not let me choose what color I wanted.  I will take the chance on it for the price.

2 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

I know some of HAL ships have self serve washers and dryers.  Does your ship have them?  On Princess I get free laundry service too.  I do write down special instruction for them to follow.  So far, so good.

PS The second one I brought they did not let me choose what color I wanted.  I will take the chance on it for the price.

I have 3 coming in the mail and didn’t choose colors.  I’ve never tried writing down special instructions, but happy to hear that has worked for you...I can try that and see what happens.

I suspect there will be self serve laundry on board, but would rather not use it.  We will be doing our own laundry on land for almost 3 months between cruises so we will be ready for a laundry break.

7 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

Why did I ever look at this thread!!😊  😁I just brought two more Saris skirts from Amazon.  I have a cruise in Oct. to the Caribbean and these are perfect.  This time we have to fly, so, these are nice and light, and look pretty. They will be coming with me.  Now I have three of them.  What kind of top do you wear with them?  I wear a nice tee/pull over top.

Wevez Printed Reversible Two Layer Wrap Around Plus Size Skirts

On line I’ve seen people wearing t-shirts, tank tops, and blouses.  I have also seen a video where one of the skirts is being used as a top, as a wrap and as a dress (longer skirts).  I’m excited to get mine.    Good to hear you are buying more - they must be great!

5 minutes ago, Wayfairers said:

I have 3 coming in the mail and didn’t choose colors.  I’ve never tried writing down special instructions, but happy to hear that has worked for you...I can try that and see what happens.

I suspect there will be self serve laundry on board, but would rather not use it.  We will be doing our own laundry on land for almost 3 months between cruises so we will be ready for a laundry break.

I don't blame you for not wanting to do laundry.  I have a wash in right now.

We will be looking at HAL this year for cruises too.  We don't get free laundry on HAL, we are three stars on Hal.  But Princess we do .

Where did you buy the one in the mail from?  I would send one of your skirts out while on board to see how it comes back.. If OK then send the rest.  I have ask for cold water gentle wash.  I don't know if they really did that, but my clothing came back great.

Edited by geocruiser

1 minute ago, geocruiser said:

I don't blame you for not wanting to do laundry.  I have a wash in right now.

We will be looking at HAL this year for cruises too.  We don't get free laundry on HAL, we are three stars on Hal.  But Princess we do .

Where did you buy the one in the mail from?  I would send one of your skirts out while on board to see how it comes back.. If OK then send the rest.  I have ask for cold water gentle wash.  I don't know if they really did that, but my clothing came back great.

I ordered it on Amazon...they sold them in 3s, you pick one length for all 3.  

14 minutes ago, Wayfairers said:

I ordered it on Amazon...they sold them in 3s, you pick one length for all 3.  

The picture of the one I posted is from Amazon.  With that choice I got to pick the one.  The second skirt I did not get to pick the color.  It ended up costing more that way.  But I did get the larger size to have more to wrap around me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SimplyMarvie said:

I've always hand-washed mine, just in case... and then hung to dry. It gets a little wrinkled, but I like the way that looks with the patterns and the prints. Definitely a great go-to for travel! 

What type of blouse do you wear with your?  I use a tee.  What about the pop corn blouses?

37 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

What type of blouse do you wear with your?  I use a tee.  What about the pop corn blouses?

I usually wear mine with the long part out, and that's silver and black and gold, so I've worn it with a grey or black T, a black, white, tan or brown merino sweater and boots in the winter, or a white button up knotted at my waist with sandals for in-between (with a tank underneath if I'm at work, because no one needs to see my belly...) There's also some pink in there, so I could dress it up with a magenta silk shell, magenta pumps and a gold cardigan or black blazer too... I just haven't yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geocruiser said:

I was so happy to see this thread.  I thought not many ladies wore these skirts.  But now I see that I an not the only one who like and wears them.  Has any one brought the pants?

I’ve never seen anyone wearing them.  Don’t know if that is because they haven’t discovered them or don’t like them.  Getting mine today and looking forward to trying them.    Didn’t know there were pants too. 

56 minutes ago, Wayfairers said:

Well.......got my skirts today.  Tried them on, went through almost every possible way to wear them and didn’t like the way any variation looked on me.  So, I returned them a few hours after I picked them up. Really wanted to like these, but didn’t.

Oh no.  They did not even look good as a skirt?  How was the fabric?  Were  the prints nice?  I am waiting to get mine.  For me, unless there is something wrong with the length or cut, I should be fine.  Well, as long as they are like the one I have, then it will be fine. I brought the XL size, so  I would have more to wrap around me.  I will wear then only as a skirt.  Will let you know.

Really sorry to hear that you did not like them.

8 hours ago, geocruiser said:

Oh no.  They did not even look good as a skirt?  How was the fabric?  Were  the prints nice?  I am waiting to get mine.  For me, unless there is something wrong with the length or cut, I should be fine.  Well, as long as they are like the one I have, then it will be fine. I brought the XL size, so  I would have more to wrap around me.  I will wear then only as a skirt.  Will let you know.

Really sorry to hear that you did not like them.

The fabric and prints were great. I bought the length that should have hit around my knee as a skirt I thought but it was halfway to my ankle...not a length I like.   Also the way it fit it added size to my mid section.  Then there was so much material when I wore it as a dress or  that it looked like I was wearing maternity clothes.  And as a shawl I thought the ties were too long with no good way to wrap them so they were a good length.   I’m 5 ft 4 inches and 146lbs with hips.  I think I probably have the wrong body type for the design. 

6 hours ago, Wayfairers said:

The fabric and prints were great. I bought the length that should have hit around my knee as a skirt I thought but it was halfway to my ankle...not a length I like.   Also the way it fit it added size to my mid section.  Then there was so much material when I wore it as a dress or  that it looked like I was wearing maternity clothes.  And as a shawl I thought the ties were too long with no good way to wrap them so they were a good length.   I’m 5 ft 4 inches and 146lbs with hips.  I think I probably have the wrong body type for the design. 

The length of the skirts that I brought is 36 inches.  Which I hope should be fine on me.  I am 5 ft 8 inches.  The one I have is now is longer.  So for me I am hopping at ht the ones I ordered are long enough for me.

I know they come in three  lengths.  At the bottom of the link is shows 36,  30 & 22 inch lengths.

I am really sari 😉that if did not work out for you.  They are so light and east to pack  Will post when I get mine.

https://www.amazon.com/Maple-Clothing-Wholesale-Layers-Womens/dp/B01CN0USTW/ref=sr_1_4?hvadid=77927939285801&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvqmt=e&keywords=sari+skirts&qid=1568918022&sr=8-4