What does Princess do for a M&M?

rabin1

Hello

I know on RCCL at a M&M they do snacks and drinks and some small giveaways what does Princess do ? Also do any of the officiers show up like on RCCL?

I am thinking of asking for one which I have the email to ask but want to see what exactly if anything they do for the CC people. I am only asking about Princess no other lines please

Thank you

Kathy

Edited by rabin1

10 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

Hello

I know on RCCL at a M&M they do snacks and drinks and some small giveaways what does Princess do ? Also do any of the officiers show up like on RCCL?

I am thinking of asking for one which I have the email to ask but want to see what exactly if anything they do for the CC people. I am only asking about Princess no other lines please

Thank you

Kathy

On Princess a person on the CC roll call becomes the organizer. They contact Princess HQ to arrange for a meeting location and time. Certain HQ individuals are assigned to specific ships. The time is normally 10/11am on the first sea day. There is normally a cash bar. On boarding day the organizer has to provide invitations by name to officers that they wish to invite. The invitations are handed in at passenger services. Some officers show if they have the time. There are no snacks or giveaways provided by Princess. The M&G is not mentioned in the Princess Patter. All communication is via the roll call.

Work with the roll call. Someone there has probably organized a Meet & Greet and has experience.

Edited by skynight

On Princess you are more or less on your own. IF someone calls HQ and gets the meeting scheduled in a small or large room - depending on your group size - They will gladly give it to you. Some times they will provide small dishes of snack, nothing fancy or large, and will provide bar service, guests pay. It is called a Meet and Greet on Princess. All that I have been on provide invitations to crew members and each member if they so wish. Contact me for more info if needed.

Last Nov-Dec we took our first MSC cruise (Yacht Club) on the Divina.  Although we normally do not attend M&Ms (we find them totally boring) we decided to attend the one on MSC just to see what they do.  And were we surprised.  They had the M&M in a very large lounge where the ship provided free drinks (alcohol and soft drinks) and had a small buffet.  Nearly all the Senior Officers attended, including the Captain and Chief Engineer.  The ship also provided live entertainment (a guitar player/singer).  The CD introduced the Captain who made a nice speech and then continued to mingle at the part for about a half hour.   The Captain finally asked everyone (there were about 40 passengers) to join him on the stage and he had the ship's photographer take a group photo (we all alter received free 8x10s).   To say that many of us were pleasantly surprised is an understatement.  Not sure if MSC is going to continue this practice, which at the time was limited to their 3 ships embarking out of Florida ports.

Hank

• Like 1

Hlitner,  same type service on NCL.  Then entire senior staff plus cruise director showed up.  They gave everyone who attended their business card.  They provided free snacks and drinks.  The captain then told the group; if anyone has a problem during this cruise; please call one of us on our cell phones.  We want to fix any issue during the cruise; and not have to find out after the cruise there was a problem.  I say that is good customer service.  

• Like 1

Hlitner,  same type service on NCL.  Then entire senior staff plus cruise director showed up.  They gave everyone who attended their business card.  They provided free snacks and drinks.  The captain then told the group; if anyone has a problem during this cruise; please call one of us on our cell phones.  We want to fix any issue during the cruise; and not have to find out after the cruise there was a problem.  I say that is good customer service.  

On 9/16/2019 at 8:34 AM, christinelee said:

On Princess you are more or less on your own. IF someone calls HQ and gets the meeting scheduled in a small or large room - depending on your group size - They will gladly give it to you. Some times they will provide small dishes of snack, nothing fancy or large, and will provide bar service, guests pay. It is called a Meet and Greet on Princess. All that I have been on provide invitations to crew members and each member if they so wish. Contact me for more info if needed.

I am organizing the Meet & Greet for our December Hawaii cruise.  How do you find out the names of the officers in advance?

21 minutes ago, MixerDave said:

I am organizing the Meet & Greet for our December Hawaii cruise.  How do you find out the names of the officers in advance?

Due to the frequent crew turnover it is best to make up the invites and leave the names blank.

Once onboard the embarkation day Patter has all the current officers listed on the front page.

• Like 2

We've seen anywhere from zero Princess participation to having a number of officers show up. One time only the ED and the Captain came. It was great as the Captain was funny and informative and really relaxed and at ease. On one of our last cruises we got a huge surprise as the food and beverage officer decided to offer us a special luncheon. It was served the next day or a day later. Can't remember for sure. It was amazing.

We could order from the menu and/or have the special dish they prepared. We were later told it was usually only served at the Chef's Table dinners. It was a wonderful seafood risotto with a small spiny lobster on top. It was OMG good. Some ordered a separate entree as they thought the special would be appetizer size. We were glad we just ordered the special dish as it was a full sized entree. Then we were also offered "regular" deserts or another special desert. We chose the special option and, again, it was OMG good. I believe the desert was one that also is normally only served at the Chef's Table meals.

We've never been offered anything like that at any other Meet and Greet and were totally blown away. The food and service were fantastic and it was just for the Meet and Greet folks. Pretty amazing.