First timer doing EZ Air

sns1

My husband and I are flying from JFK to Rome in April on Delta.  We went online to check flights using EZ Air and all we can choose is economy seats.  Is that correct?   Are we doing something incorrect?  We have been saving our credits to use towards Comfort plus seats and "maybe" first class but we weren't able to check those prices on Princess.  Do we have to call Princess directly?

Yes, select your cabin class in the drop down menu.

If you wish to upgrade using points you may be required to have your reservation ticketed by paying, and then work with the airline for the upgrade. I'm not exactly sure how Delta works regarding reward travel. You can also work directly with the airline and skip EZAir for reward travel.

Ok........got that. 

Second question - I know there are non-stop flights but it is saying none are available.  Do they limit flights using EZ Air?  

We will be calling Princess later on.  I just like to have the info from cruisers before I call. 

Thanks

38 minutes ago, sns1 said:

Ok........got that. 

Second question - I know there are non-stop flights but it is saying none are available.  Do they limit flights using EZ Air?  

We will be calling Princess later on.  I just like to have the info from cruisers before I call. 

Thanks

No they do not limit as far as I know. 

Maybe it is a Delta thing?

I have seen at least 2 daily United non stops from EWR to Rome.

Are you putting in "all airlines" in the drop down?

If you are limiting it to just Delta then there are probably no flights.

42 minutes ago, sns1 said:

Do they limit flights using EZ Air?  

I don't think flights are necessarily limited, but I really do believe at least some airlines limit seat availability for EZ-Air pricing.  For example, I booked us on Delta to FLL, via ATL.  Delta still has plenty space, but on EZ-Air now you can no longer by Flexible seats - just Restricted.  And price is well up.  I imagine EZ-Air space works like booking with the airlines in the sense that as seats sell at certain price levels, prices go up and inventory shrinks. 

I say keep checking.  Delta adds seats for all classes. A seat may not be available today; but possibly tomorrow or the next day.   Princess has a pretty good relationship with all the airlines.  

• Like 1

Also, in the drop down, you can select Premium Economy. For Delta, this is Comfort +. However, you do have to be careful if you change planes as sometimes one flight will be Comfort + and one flight won't be. The way to tell for sure is when you get to selecting seats. You can then see the available seats and be sure they are in Comfort +. It does give you a really nasty message making you think you are actually booking Economy, but I recently booked a (Domestic) flight and once I bypassed the nasty message and got to seat selection, they really are Comfort + seats. Since you are a Delta Frequent Flier, once you book you can confirm on your FF account that the seats you selected and the flights you selected are there. Just be sure and book the Flexible flights.  

14 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I say keep checking.  Delta adds seats for all classes. A seat may not be available today; but possibly tomorrow or the next day.   Princess has a pretty good relationship with all the airlines.  

Can't argue with that.  And prices go up and down with the passage of days, but I do notice now closer to our cruise that no more lower prices.  (We are locked in and ticketed).  I did an upgrade to Comfort Plus on one leg as there was a nice offer on Delta website.  It is good to keep checking in with the airline as well.

7 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Also, in the drop down, you can select Premium Economy. For Delta, this is Comfort +. However, you do have to be careful if you change planes as sometimes one flight will be Comfort + and one flight won't be. The way to tell for sure is when you get to selecting seats. You can then see the available seats and be sure they are in Comfort +. It does give you a really nasty message making you think you are actually booking Economy, but I recently booked a (Domestic) flight and once I bypassed the nasty message and got to seat selection, they really are Comfort + seats. Since you are a Delta Frequent Flier, once you book you can confirm on your FF account that the seats you selected and the flights you selected are there. Just be sure and book the Flexible flights.  

Good info as I am not sure I noticed this when doing our bookings for an upcoming cruise.  

18 minutes ago, saratoga said:

Include KLM in your search.  They code share with Delta and you can sometimes find the Delta flight via a KLM booking even when EZ Air does not return any Delta availability for your desired Delta flight. 

Wicked smart.  I would do this too.  I would also be checking airline websites and third-party travel booking sites where all airlines are covered so I knew of possibilities - helps in using EZ-Air to best advantage I think.

Update

We called Princess and they said the only seats available for the flight we wanted are the economy seats "at this time" .  We questioned whether other seats would be available in the future and she said they maybe, but not at this time.   She did say that things change daily. 

We checked Delta yesterday morning and didn't want to book because the price was a little high.  We checked again in the afternoon and the price had gone down to a comfortable price for us.  We decided to book directly with Delta.  We have the seats we want, the price we can afford, and using points. 

This morning I went on Princess to see if anything was available.  Same thing.  We can get First Class if we want one or two stops but the price is more than if we book directly with Delta. 

We are happy with what we did.   Thanks everyone for your advise.

22 hours ago, steelers36 said:

I don't think flights are necessarily limited, but I really do believe at least some airlines limit seat availability for EZ-Air pricing.  For example, I booked us on Delta to FLL, via ATL.  Delta still has plenty space, but on EZ-Air now you can no longer by Flexible seats - just Restricted.  And price is well up.  I imagine EZ-Air space works like booking with the airlines in the sense that as seats sell at certain price levels, prices go up and inventory shrinks. 

I agree with this. I have found it a bit difficult to get more convenient flights on EZAir though of course the fares can’t be beat. I frequently check the airline site to compare seat availability and there is usually quite a difference (with more available on airline site).   You have to weigh the pros and cons of costs vs convenience, as you no doubt have already discovered. Plus, if you live in a good sized metro area, you should find other airlines not listed  in EZAir,  at your airports.  The downside is that if you purchase tickets directly from airline, payment is needed at that time as opposed to EZAir.

Edited by JoRoy218