Live From The Zuiderdam

mamaofami

Have a wonderful cruise!  We board her on October 20th.  

If you by any chance get to visit the Retreat Cabana area, I am curious about the furniture in the Capri Family Cabana. Are there two loungers and a table with 2 or 4 chairs for dining?  The Capri Cabana is on Port side. Thank you.  

Went to 3 star mariner reception tonight. There were lots of people in attendance along with the captain and some staff. It was lovely. Seems a group of people took HALs flight on United from Newark but their luggage took another route. It finally arrived in Quebec but 40 people had their luggage stuck in customs. HAL sent an agent to retrieve the suitcases and customs went through them all but all is right in the end. Always my worst fear.

Tomorrow is our first port. I will try to answer all questions in time. My goal is to find a berret which I forgot to get in Quebec. I've learned how to play mahjong a few years ago and found a game. I've never seen that onboard before. I won 2 out of 3 games so that made my day. 

Food; I had butternut squash soup and lamb shank. Sam had salad and steak. Everything was good. I had been reading food quality was down but haven't experienced that at all. Service has been wonderful all over the ship. I do miss the flowers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mamaofami said:

Saugerny today. Gala night. There are some flowers around the ship but not as many as before. My favorite escargot on tonight's menu. Comedienne Dennis last night was very good. Crises noted. I didn't pack enough pants. 

Uh oh. Laundry or shopping?

Thanks for taking the time to post. Is the zigzag tile in the bathroom as dizzying as it looks in photos?

I hope your cruise is wonderful.  We're booked on the 'Z' for a December cruise in a NS and I wonder if you might let us know if breakfast is still being served for NS guests in the PG.  It has been reported that only Pinnacle class ships have replaced the breakfast in the PG with Club Orange.

Enjoy your voyage.  Are the leaves on the trees changing?  I imagine they might be where you are now.  How lovely it must be!

We were on the Zuiderdam in August for the Voyage of the Vikings.  It's been two weeks and I miss it being on board.  If you see MDR servers Roy, Denny, Iga, or Wayon, please tell them Jean and Ralph send best regards.

PEI today and my favourite restaurant. Gala night saw most men in jackets. I guess word hasn't gotten out they are no longer required but it looked nice. Even saw a few gowns. Mariner reception was in Lido Pool area. No leaves have turned ,not even in Quebec.  Guess I'll have to wait till I get home. Musicians in Lincoln Center Stage are fabulous. Classical music.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

PEI today and my favourite restaurant. Gala night saw most men in jackets. I guess word hasn't gotten out they are no longer required but it looked nice. Even saw a few gowns. Mariner reception was in Lido Pool area. No leaves have turned ,not even in Quebec.  Guess I'll have to wait till I get home. Musicians in Lincoln Center Stage are fabulous. Classical music.

I love PEI! From what I've seen on weather reports, it looks like you'll have a nice string of clear but chilly days. Perfect autumn weather. 

I'm glad you like Lincoln Center. It's one of the few changes HAL has made that I really like.