Better Bourbon and Scotch

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Very impressive! Do you have a favorite? How do you rate the Blanton's among the rest?

Blantons is good and is worth 60-70 a bottle if you can find it for that.  Anything more and I’d pass.  

Angels envy and the whistle pig old world are probably my two favorites there.  

• Like 1

I'm going to try and get the Blanton's at the duty free shop on board since I can never find it where I live. I just hope I can pack it good for the return flight. If it breaks I will be sucking on my clothes for a long time.😏

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm going to try and get the Blanton's at the duty free shop on board since I can never find it where I live. I just hope I can pack it good for the return flight. If it breaks I will be sucking on my clothes for a long time.😏

Well I would hope the blantons comes in a box to help protect it.  I’ll be on liberty in May and if they are 70 a bottle I’ll probably buy 5 bottles for myself and 5 for my wife....or however many they have and will let me buy.   I buy them when I can and give them away as gifts. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NouCruzer said:

No Whistlepig rye on Allure?  It was all over on the Oasis earlier this year.  I would have thought that inventory would be consistent on Oasis-class ships.  Maybe not?

That’s disappointing. I hope that’s not the case for Harmony when I get on in a couple of weeks.

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That’s disappointing. I hope that’s not the case for Harmony when I get on in a couple of weeks.

I/m just a few weeks over a year out from Harmony. Interested in what you find.

Are you on Facebook?

1 minute ago, FPP777 said:

I/m just a few weeks over a year out from Harmony. Interested in what you find.

Are you on Facebook?

Yes Greg P Steele. I probable will do an in depth thread here on our cruise when I get back on my bourbon and whiskey adventures as well as everything else.

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes Greg P Steele. I probable will do an in depth thread here on our cruise when I get back on my bourbon and whiskey adventures as well as everything else.

I sent you PM on Messenger.. I was unable to do it from here.

3 minutes ago, travelplus said:

I love the Bullet Rye and a goo Sazerac with Absentine,Rye Whiskey and Cognac.

I want a bottle of sazerac but thats a unicorn here in St. Louis.  

Its amazing how some places have bottles all day long and others you can’t find.  

• Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 3:54 PM, Sea Dog said:

I agree. I see that a liquor store near me might have the Antique 107 but is selling it for $149. Might have to splurge.

My first bottle of 107 was last year at $29. Decided I'd pay the increased price of $49 for my 2nd bottle. Little did I realize wifey got me a 3rd bottle for my birthday this year. I was even able to get a bottle of 12. Some times we do get stuff here in MA. 😊

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Makes me angry that retailers will mark this up way past MSRP. It's got a twist off top for heaven's sake.😫

I know. Market drives the price though. Plenty of good bourbon out there if some prices go up. Just pray it's not your bourbon. Good to see my daily drinker WT101 is on Allure. Love that she also has 4RSB. I'm on the Allure in November and will be taking notes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NouCruzer said:

No Whistlepig rye on Allure?  It was all over on the Oasis earlier this year.  I would have thought that inventory would be consistent on Oasis-class ships.  Maybe not?

I was on Allure last year and had Whistlepig rye.  I remember specifically because it was my first time trying it.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dominicr said:

Well I would hope the blantons comes in a box to help protect it.  I’ll be on liberty in May and if they are 70 a bottle I’ll probably buy 5 bottles for myself and 5 for my wife....or however many they have and will let me buy.   I buy them when I can and give them away as gifts. 

Majesty had a bottle of Gold for $90....in a box.  Not sure about "regular".

15 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

They had it on Harmony when we were on it last. I never saw it displayed, though, I had to ask for it. With the drink package they poured me like a half a finger. 🙄