Martini bar on the classic package

smile842

Thanks for the info. The last time I was on celebrity, you were able to upgrade to the premium package for $10/day.  I am being told that this is no longer allowable. Also if you had the classic package and wanted a more expensive drink you had to pay the entire price for the drink, not just the difference. Does anyone know for certain that you can just pay the difference in price now?

3 minutes ago, smile842 said:

Thanks for the info. The last time I was on celebrity, you were able to upgrade to the premium package for $10/day.  I am being told that this is no longer allowable. Also if you had the classic package and wanted a more expensive drink you had to pay the entire price for the drink, not just the difference. Does anyone know for certain that you can just pay the difference in price now?

You can upgrade to premium package for $10 per day plus 20% gratuity , total $12 per day. I don't know who told you is wasn't , unless they were confused with the new premium plus package, that is not upgrade-able. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bookitdanno said:

Specialty martinis are $13, at least on the summit 2 weeks ago.

Same price on Exlipse.

Well worth the upgrade in my opinion, a couple of Martini's and better Wine with your Meal and also Evian and Pellegrino water.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike981 said:

This past January on the Equinox we asked for a smaller martini and it was within the package. Not sure if that is still the same.

After a couple of nights they just made us a normal size and didn't charge us more.

Same for us at the Martini Bar on the Eclipse. Also, my DS and I had the included drink packages, but my DH (light drinker) only had the Elite+ drinks on the card from 5-7. However, the bartenders just kept giving my DH refills even outside of the 5-7 hours saying not to worry about it. There were no drink charges to our cabin. We tipped well at the end of the cruise, not earlier, so I think they were just being nice. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, smile842 said:

I think the introduction of the "Premium Plus Package" has some people confused.

- If you selected the Classic Alcohol package as a perk you Can pay to upgrade to the Premium Alcohol package.

- If you selected the Classic Alcohol package as a perk you CANNOT upgrade to the Premium Plus package.

- If you selected the Premium Alcohol package as a perk you CANNOT upgrade to the Premium Plus package.

- If you paid extra (not via a perk) for the Classic Alcohol package then you CAN pay to upgrade to the Premium Plus package.

- If you paid extra (not via a perk) for the Premium alcohol package then you CAN upgrade to the Premium Plus package.

Hopefully I have this correct! It's very confusing.

• Thanks 1

I've been on the Eclipse, Equinox, the Infinity and Reflection, and having the classic pkg. On the first 2 ships I could get 3 types of martinis at the martini bar in the smaller glasses, but on the Reflection I was made feel very bad....in that only premium pkg clients were accepted there. They did not want to serve me. There was a very kind gentleman who passed in his card and put my drink on his account, premium pkg. I think it's ridiculous that people are made to feel this way. Serve the drinks in the glasses that are to be provided with the selected drink package. We darn well pay for the packages anyway!!! JMO 

Edited by newfiegirl4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, newfiegirl4 said:

I've been on the Eclipse, Equinox, the Infinity and Reflection, and having the classic pkg. On the first 2 ships I could get 3 types of martinis at the martini bar in the smaller glasses, but on the Reflection I was made feel very bad....in that only premium pkg clients were accepted there. They did not want to serve me. There was a very kind gentleman who passed in his card and put my drink on his account, premium pkg. I think it's ridiculous that people are made to feel this way. Serve the drinks in the glasses that are to be provided with the selected drink package. We darn well pay for the packages anyway!!! JMO 

That would also upset me. Just wondering did you share this with management?

6 hours ago, CruisinDawn said:

Kinda off topic but kinda not 🙂 Can you get a martini flight with the premium package and pay the difference?

BonVoyage

Dawna

Not technically, but you can ask the bartender for each of the drinks in a flight, one at time, until you have completed the full flight. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Recently off Solstice and our first evening we went to Martini Bar to have our first of many drinks there.  Ordered two martinis and got the bill. Over $17 each or $34.  There was the drink charge, sales tax and gratuity.  Even if you remove the sales tax, it was just under $16 with gratuity.  With the martinis having shrunk in glass size on Celebrity (from our previous cruise having the premium drink package), that was over $4.00 per ounce!  

Did wonder if under the drink package the glass size is larger?  

It seems to be planned to make drink package a no brainer....potentially.  🤨