Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
smile842

Martini bar on the classic package

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Scottygirl1 said:

With all this talk I've upgraded to premium for both of us.  I just decided that it would make everything easier - my husband can try all the different beers, we can have nicer wine with dinner and I can get a few yummy cocktails 🙂

A good decision.  IMO well worth it-  We enjoy premium alcohol and bottled water and for that worth it!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2019 at 1:11 AM, Umbarger said:

Went on the Solstice last May.  I had the classic package and they would not serve me in the Martini bar.  I was made to feel very unwelcome.  

 

Did they explain to you that you could purchase a drink with an up-charge added to your bill or did they flat out refuse to serve you? If the latter, this would be disturbing - and something that should have been discussed with guest relations IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have bought martinis at the martini bar with the classic package but they are in a smaller glass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just returned from the Equinox.  You can order a Beefeater Martini in the Martini Bar and it will be served in a smaller glass using either the Classic Beverage package or the Captain's Club Elite happy hour of free drinks.  If you order an upgraded brand such as Bombay Sapphire they will charge you a little over $2 for the upgrade (still in a small glass).  If you order a regular Martini Bar large drink, regardless of liquor brand, You will be charged $4.80 with the Classic Package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the other cruises I've done with Celebrity there wasn't an issue using the "classic pkg" at the Martini bar. It's just the way you are made feel when ordering and then being told sorry you have to go to another bar. We don't serve martinis on the classic pkg!! Instead of saying, we serve 3 types and would be in the 2 oz glass.....ok I'm fine with that!!! 

I won't be upgrading as with the Canadian dollar it just don't make sense. I think I've paid enough!  I will get served by some other nice bartenders at another bar....like I did before. I've had some pretty nice ones too....and never question it! 

The Martini bar is making us feel like we aren't worthy of staying there and only the wealthy are welcome....imo...lol. Or at least that's how I was treated!!! They also will ignore you as long as possible!!! That's just mean! 

Maybe a trip to guest services could be on the agenda in Apr on our sailing if this happens again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2019 at 3:41 AM, Umbarger said:

Went on the Solstice last May.  I had the classic package and they would not serve me in the Martini bar.  I was made to feel very unwelcome.  

See that's just mean!!! Sad reallly! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On one ship they said that he couldn’t serve me a small martini with the Classic package because they didn’t have the small glasses.

 

i said OK then put it into a Manhattan glass.   He said it wouldn’t be a Martini and I said I don’t care what you call it, it will taste the same and have the same effect.  

 

Problem solved.  

 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 2:11 AM, Umbarger said:

Went on the Solstice last May.  I had the classic package and they would not serve me in the Martini bar.  I was made to feel very unwelcome.  

 

Are you saying that they wouldn't make the specialty martinis in a smaller glass for you at the Martini bar? Or that they wouldn't A. make a regular specialty martini and allow you to pay the upcharge or B. wouldn't allow you to order a different drink that is covered by the classic package. We traveled on the Solstice with the class package. They would not make us the specialty martinis in the small glass as some people here have mentioned. But they certainly would make us a specialty martini and charge us the upcharge and allowed the non-martini drinkers in the group to order different cocktail that was covered. If they weren't allowing you to do that, there's a problem here. Celebrity should be encouraging them to serve paying customers (ie. ones without a package that are paying by the drink or ones with a classic package that are paying to upgrade). If it's the first one, I'm not sure that that is actually a policy that they have as opposed to bartender's discretion. But we were certainly never made to be inferior at the martini bar for having the classic package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, miched said:

On one ship they said that he couldn’t serve me a small martini with the Classic package because they didn’t have the small glasses.

 

i said OK then put it into a Manhattan glass.   He said it wouldn’t be a Martini and I said I don’t care what you call it, it will taste the same and have the same effect.  

 

Problem solved.  

 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

 

Yup, had the same - a Gimlet got put in a straight glass without asking, no charge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sanger727 said:

 

Are you saying that they wouldn't make the specialty martinis in a smaller glass for you at the Martini bar? Or that they wouldn't A. make a regular specialty martini and allow you to pay the upcharge or B. wouldn't allow you to order a different drink that is covered by the classic package. We traveled on the Solstice with the class package. They would not make us the specialty martinis in the small glass as some people here have mentioned. But they certainly would make us a specialty martini and charge us the upcharge and allowed the non-martini drinkers in the group to order different cocktail that was covered. If they weren't allowing you to do that, there's a problem here. Celebrity should be encouraging them to serve paying customers (ie. ones without a package that are paying by the drink or ones with a classic package that are paying to upgrade). If it's the first one, I'm not sure that that is actually a policy that they have as opposed to bartender's discretion. But we were certainly never made to be inferior at the martini bar for having the classic package.

To clarify. I knew nothing about martini's in a smaller glass.  They never offered. I was told I needed to have  the premium drink package to drink in the martini bar. Nothing about an upsell was mentioned. I trusted them to know. I was made to feel like I was a second class citizen because I didn't have the premium package. I never went back to that bar again.

Edited by Umbarger
Spellling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...