Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Peckishpixie

Ladies, Has anyone used the Salon for an updo?

Recommended Posts

I usually do my own hair but I got a pretty magnificent floor length gown and my partner is wearing a tux so I thought maybe I would do something fancy shmancy. I have only used the spa for manicures. Are they good at hairstyles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've done it a few times, they aren't creative on their own.  If you have a photo of what you want your hair to look like, that helps.

Make your appointment early.  They book up.

The times I've done it, they've done a decent job, but my hair has not held up all night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

I've done it a few times, they aren't creative on their own.  If you have a photo of what you want your hair to look like, that helps.

Make your appointment early.  They book up.

The times I've done it, they've done a decent job, but my hair has not held up all night.

Hi jennybenny,

Do you think they could do this with someone hair? ( See Photo) Frank thinks she looks GREAT. 

OK i’m sorry I couldn’t help myself.😁😁😁😁

507BB524-9D27-44AE-99A1-A298AFBFFFC5.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi jennybenny,

Do you think they could do this with someone hair? ( See Photo) Frank thinks she looks GREAT. 

OK i’m sorry I couldn’t help myself.😁😁😁😁

507BB524-9D27-44AE-99A1-A298AFBFFFC5.jpeg

A good stylist could!!  Probably not on a ship though! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never had much luck with the onboard stylist on any cruise when I tried them.

Beware they include the tip on your bill - unless you are really impressed - I am sure you do not want/need to tip twice!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had an updo done for my 25th Anniversary Vow Renewal, they did a good job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My husband (and I) have always enjoyed the up-do's that I have had done onboard ❤️

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jennybenny said:

A good stylist could!!  Probably not on a ship though! lol

 🤣 that picture  reminds me of my first wife.

Edited by c-boy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jennybenny said:

A good stylist could!!  Probably not on a ship though! lol

507BB524-9D27-44AE-99A1-A298AFBFFFC5.jpeg

Edited by c-boy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...