Port Botany cruise terminal

Chiliburn

11 hours ago, in rod we trust said:

you asked for a report of why I think royal carribean wanted it there .. I posted one in black and white for you to read the ceo of royal carribean stating they are lobbying the nsw gov to build it and would also contribute to the port building .. the facts you asked but you choose to ignore it  .. so if you choose to ignore facts  or read it but yet call people's black and white facts for all to see dribble ..  look who is in denial about real facts whats wrong will it upset you or will you see that im right .. either way you still choose to ignore facts about the whole thing.. 

Just went back and read AGAIN the link you posted ( your post #630 on page 27) and other than RCCL lobbying the govt to build the third SYDNEY terminal ( not a regional one in Wollongong Newcastle or Eden) which would be a normal business practice for them,  there is no mention of any financial contribution by them as you claimed.What were you reading??

1 hour ago, nnps said:

It just goes on and on. Enough already. Nobody's going to win this argument, time for someone to mention the Nazis.

I long ago lost interest in reading the rantings of OP and put him on ignore list. 

Some like poking sticks for sport which is up to them, but this forum is of no consequence as to whether a 3rd Sydney terminal is built or not or where it will be located. But no harm done & some funny comments keep the ball rolling.

9 minutes ago, mr walker said:

I long ago lost interest in reading the rantings of OP and put him on ignore list. 

Some like poking sticks for sport which is up to them, but this forum is of no consequence as to whether a 3rd Sydney terminal is built or not or where it will be located. But no harm done & some funny comments keep the ball rolling.

indiana jones GIF

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

Oops sorry Chiliburn my comment was not directed at you - I wrongly thought that other poster was OP. A thousand apologies Cheers

• Haha 1

im sorry but this is a thread for the port botany terminal .. im not here to win, or bag anybody out etc ..    I liked when I went on cruises , but at the same time I just don't want to see so much destruction to build a cruise port at botany bay..  to me its silly as the cruise industry is just putting itself at risk considering people don't want it , it will bring bad attention to them and there ways .. do they honestly think people are just going to sit back and cop it without any bad publicity to them and other cruise ships..  they better think again we see all over different ports of the world people starting to protest against there ways and destruction..

im just wanting to know the pro's as why it should be built at yarra bay or mollineaux point considering all the negatives about it.. also why the port authority will not release the info required so all can see the pro's and con's

so please let me know the pro's of destroying a whole bay for a cruise ship terminal at botany..  

Edited by in rod we trust

the port authority has also put a suggestion forward of ship limits in the opt port and white bay better streamline  of timetables could also solve Sydney cruise ships capacity ..

at the moment there is no ship docked at opt terminal .. if port authority and cruise lines  streamline there timetables it will also help.. a ship could be there now as the last left around 4pm so another one could of been docked there now .. 

At midnight. So a whole bunch of people are getting off the ship late in the evening, and have to make their own way home at that time, and then a whole new group of people are getting on after 9 p.m. so have spent all day waiting and then are up at midnight just chasing up their luggage and so on, for a 2 a.m fire drill and 3 a.m sailaway. Yes, that makes a whole lot of sense, and makes for a great end of holiday for those leaving, and a great start for those arriving.

Can you tell me anywhere else in the world that that happens? Is that something that you would like as a tourist? You keep saying how great the OPT and Sydney Harbour is for tourists as though that's the most important argument, then come up with cockamamie suggestions like this. As said before, it just goes to show that you aren't here to discuss constructively but just continue with irrelevant fears and impossible and unrealistic "better options".

8 hours ago, in rod we trust said:

im sorry but this is a thread for the port botany terminal .. im not here to win, or bag anybody out etc ..    I liked when I went on cruises , but at the same time I just don't want to see so much destruction to build a cruise port at botany bay..  to me its silly as the cruise industry is just putting itself at risk considering people don't want it , it will bring bad attention to them and there ways .. do they honestly think people are just going to sit back and cop it without any bad publicity to them and other cruise ships..  they better think again we see all over different ports of the world people starting to protest against there ways and destruction..

im just wanting to know the pro's as why it should be built at yarra bay or mollineaux point considering all the negatives about it.. also why the port authority will not release the info required so all can see the pro's and con's

so please let me know the pro's of destroying a whole bay for a cruise ship terminal at botany..  

It is only your opinion that the whole bay will be destroyed.

By your own admission ( redactions etc) ,you don't know all the details of what they are planning to do so how can you say what will happen. ONCE they decide on a site, probably still a year away ,I am sure there will be extensive checks and balances put  in place taken to preserve the Bay, especially considering the amount of  resistance you and your "lot" will present. 

7 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

At midnight. So a whole bunch of people are getting off the ship late in the evening, and have to make their own way home at that time, and then a whole new group of people are getting on after 9 p.m. so have spent all day waiting and then are up at midnight just chasing up their luggage and so on, for a 2 a.m fire drill and 3 a.m sailaway. Yes, that makes a whole lot of sense, and makes for a great end of holiday for those leaving, and a great start for those arriving.

Can you tell me anywhere else in the world that that happens? Is that something that you would like as a tourist? You keep saying how great the OPT and Sydney Harbour is for tourists as though that's the most important argument, then come up with cockamamie suggestions like this. As said before, it just goes to show that you aren't here to discuss constructively but just continue with irrelevant fears and impossible and unrealistic "better options".

Exactly, it takes about ten or eleven hours, depending on the size of the ship to turn a cruise and would only take a small delay( eg. the Ovation was four hours late arriving on Wednesday) to totally throw out the  arrival schedule for days.The knock on effect would be catastrophic. This idea was put forward by someone at the Port Authority last year and died a quick death due to its lack of feasibility.

Our" friend's" total lack of knowledge on this whole subject is amazing.

Edited by gbenjo

17 hours ago, possum52 said:

Chiliburn, you have created a monster by starting this thread! 😀 I’ve had enough of Rod’s ramblings so won’t read any more of his posts which make very little sense. 

Leigh

I’ve lost interest a long time ago Leigh .

Lets change the name of the thread to Rods thread.

10 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

.. they can streamline there timetables to be able to do it ..   oh but that's not a option its not convenient for people ..oh ok forgot its about convenience for both the passenger and cruise line... ok now we are getting somewhere  the proposed botany bay terminal its for convenience only  ..

3 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

.. they can streamline there timetables to be able to do it ..   oh but that's not a option its not convenient for people ..oh ok forgot its about convenience for both the passenger and cruise line... ok now we are getting somewhere  the proposed botany bay terminal its for convenience only  ..

Of course it is for convenience, otherwise we don’t need any cruise terminals anywhere, they aren’t exactly essential services, but then neither is fishing, sunbathing, or air flights.

3 hours ago, gbenjo said:

It is only your opinion that the whole bay will be destroyed.

By your own admission ( redactions etc) ,you don't know all the details of what they are planning to do so how can you say what will happen. ONCE they decide on a site, probably still a year away ,I am sure there will be extensive checks and balances put  in place taken to preserve the Bay, especially considering the amount of  resistance you and your "lot" will present. 

there is enough info put forward by port authority on where its going to be how big it is and turning basin's of ships, and as anyone who has been to botany for many yrs know a break wall will have to be built, .. we also know that there is dangerous seabed spoil all over the bay that epa mentions shouldn't be disturbed .. there is plenty info as why it is dangerous to build it there .. but like you have done you choose not to read it ..you talk about extensive checks and balances we all know and im sure you do that you cannot trust any politician or companies when it comes to big contracts and the truth.. 

other wise port authority and nsw state liberals would make the whole report open to public judgement .. no matter which way you try word it .. if they have nothing to hide  release the report for all to see.. its that simple..

20 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Of course it is for convenience, otherwise we don’t need any cruise terminals anywhere, they aren’t exactly essential services, but then neither is fishing, sunbathing, or air flights.

that's just the answer I was looking for .. thankyou..

other than that I notices your quote in your sig ''come from a land down under'' ..  

maybe all aussie cruise travellers should read that and ask themselves is my land more important than my convenience ..    will I  support the risk of destroying  a whole bay for it..   

fishing is more essential than any cruise boat in this world  it lets communities survive and feed themselves .. 

Edited by in rod we trust

2 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

still waiting on the pro's of it been built at botany … anybody got any .. 

No.....don't know enough about it yet.         Millions into the local economy..not worth mentioning...maybe they could incorporate  a centrelink office into the new  terminal so all the local protesters could duck down and collect their dole cheques.

14 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

other than that I notices your quote in your sig ''come from a land down under'' ..  

maybe all aussie cruise travellers should read that and ask themselves is my land more important than my convenience ..    will I  support the risk of destroying  a whole bay for it..   

fishing is more essential than any cruise boat in this world  it lets communities survive and feed themselves .. 

Its not convenience , its practicality .....when they close the fish markets are they going to relocate them to say Parramatta.. no they will put them where they need to be.... same as the terminal.

And they don't fish Botany Bay commercially do they?   And what about all the fish the cruise ships purchase  to feed the guests.

32 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

Oh I thought Botany Bay was full of toxic sludge that meant you had to catch and release.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I’ve lost interest a long time ago Leigh .

Me too. I added him to my ignore list a couple of weeks ago.

Sometimes I think it's a shame the OP can't choose to close a thread to further comments like you can on FB.