Port Botany cruise terminal

Chiliburn

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

like the pomie bastards or not ,where ever they have been and and set up their form of government, the countries have thrived.

Spanish ,Russian,Portugal,Dutch,French  all those colonies are third world.

oh, I wasn't complaining about what the poms have done, more what would have happened if others had settled here instead. 

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

mr walker

like the pomie bastards or not ,where ever they have been and and set up their form of government, the countries have thrived.

Really, I think there would be examples from nearly all of those colonising nations that would disagree. There are plenty of nations without the Westminster system in place doing well, and there are plenty of places with it not doing so well. 

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

So the Navy should go to Botany Bay with that reasoning.

No, Sydney harbour is a natural deep harbour that affords natural protection. The ships are a vital asset and the surrounding headlands protect the ships when docked alongside. Sydney harbour has the space, area and large amount of coves to hide and protect ships even if it is from a storm or high seas.

5 minutes ago, Brisbane41 said:

No, Sydney harbour is a natural deep harbour that affords natural protection. The ships are a vital asset and the surrounding headlands protect the ships when docked alongside. Sydney harbour has the space, area and large amount of coves to hide and protect ships even if it is from a storm or high seas.

But the fuel and container port for Sydney is in Botany bay, and if the navy cannot handle wild weather then maybe they should be on lake Burley Griffin or lake George..

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Really, I think there would be examples from nearly all of those colonising nations that would disagree. There are plenty of nations without the Westminster system in place doing well, and there are plenty of places with it not doing so well. 

Our friends in Hong Kong are trying to hold on to what we flaunt

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

But the fuel and container port for Sydney is in Botany bay, and if the navy cannot handle wild weather then maybe they should be on lake Burley Griffin or lake George..

Its not that, it is an important asset and Sydney Harbour offered the better choice of safety, shelter and met all the requirements for defence. This has been known since the first fleet. It was supposed to be Botany Bay but on arrival it was discovered that further north had the better harbour.

The navy is never going to leave Sydney harbour. It is too important an issue and vital to security that it be there. With the expansion of the communist chinese party into the Pacific it makes it even more extremely unlikely that anything would change as Sydney offers the quickest access to sea lanes to open ocean. It is also well protected, sheltered and linked to vital infrastructure.

13 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

mr walker

I don't mind the bastard bit,but at least spell our name right,lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Brisbane41 said:

Its not that, it is an important asset and Sydney Harbour offered the better choice of safety, shelter and met all the requirements for defence. This has been known since the first fleet. It was supposed to be Botany Bay but on arrival it was discovered that further north had the better harbour.

The navy is never going to leave Sydney harbour. It is too important an issue and vital to security that it be there. With the expansion of the communist chinese party into the Pacific it makes it even more extremely unlikely that anything would change as Sydney offers the quickest access to sea lanes to open ocean. It is also well protected, sheltered and linked to vital infrastructure.

We do not need the navy. They will not have to "invade" us.   They will just continue buying  (or we keep selling) us bit by bit .

23 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I’m wondering if rod is a cruiser or a Botany resident.

Me thinks the latter, probably never set foot on a cruise ship, favourite  colour is green and has a deep dislike for Royal Caribbean for some unexplained  reason???  the word troll comes to mind. Happy to be proven wrong.

7 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

We do not need the navy. They will not have to "invade" us.   They will just continue buying  (or we keep selling) us bit by bit .

So, the invasion has already begun! What the hell are those chair polishers at Naval HQ doing?? 🙂 I guess it's hard work looking out at their harbor view, Sorry meant to add that it 1 must be working, ordering all that grey paint 🙂

Edited by mr walker
pressed post to soon

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

Me thinks the latter, probably never set foot on a cruise ship, favourite  colour is green and has a deep dislike for Royal Caribbean for some unexplained  reason???  the word troll comes to mind. Happy to be proven wrong.

What a spy or a partisan graham?

Seems that way.

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

So, the invasion has already begun! What the hell are those chair polishers at Naval HQ doing?? 🙂 I guess it's hard work looking out at their harbor view, Sorry meant to add that it 1 must be working, ordering all that grey paint 🙂

Maybe Royal Caribbean could buy the navy  (before the Chinese do)and set up a new cruise line with an "adventure" theme....must be a quid in it for them of course........It would have the added benefit of them building a cruise terminal at Garden Island.

25 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Maybe Royal Caribbean could buy the navy  (before the Chinese do)and set up a new cruise line with an "adventure" theme....must be a quid in it for them of course........It would have the added benefit of them building a cruise terminal at Garden Island.

Royal Caribbean could bring the old press gangs back.

Get the drunks with the unlimited drinks package and when they are bloto sign them into the navy for life.

We would be able to crew our navy.

Edited by Chiliburn

26 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

That could work, plenty of those in the navy can work the kitchens and tend the bars already so not too much of a shift.

6 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Not until someone starts to fight back and take back what they are buying which I can guarantee definitely will happen. It is inevitable that if things go the way they are going now there will be a war against the communist chinese party.

On 11/21/2019 at 1:13 PM, mr walker said:

I can only wonder what the Botany Bay area would look like today if La Perouse had planted his flag instead of Cook. 

I think you mixed up James Cook with Arthur Phillip and while  La Perouse is the name of the suburb the name of the man was actually Jean François de Galaup, comte de Lapérouse and since he didn't arrive with a colony like Arthur Phillip planting a flag would have been a rather futile effort🤣

25 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

I think you mixed up James Cook with Arthur Phillip and while  La Perouse is the name of the suburb the name of the man was actually Jean François de Galaup, comte de Lapérouse and since he didn't arrive with a colony like Arthur Phillip planting a flag would have been a rather futile effort🤣

Would have made a nice colourful wrap around for someone who was living in the area.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

But you could be eating a lovely ROOlade now if things were different.