Port Botany cruise terminal

Chiliburn

38 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

You never mention the millions of dollars, probably billions,  the cruise industry brings to Sydney through the myriad of businesses that provide goods and services  to the passengers and ships that visit here or doesn’t that suit your agenda? 
 And still you have produced the  evidence to  support your claim that it is only Royal Caribbean that wants the terminal and will support it it financially.

if ya go back and read you will find that report from the ceo of royal carribean .. and the cruise industry brings roughly as its debateable 2.4 billion to nsw  in 2019 and that's about 360 ships visiting nsw  as we all know not everybody gets off the ships and on average from a independent report on average they spend around 35 dollars so that 2.4 billion is going off every single person gets of the ship and also transport cost to the ship etc etc  .. most eat on the ship and spend stuff all just walk around .. now in 2009 I think the angling community of nsw as quaoted by nsw state gov brings in 3.4 billion to nsw economy  in 2017 it was estimated at 5 billion 

Edited by in rod we trust

3 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

No wonder some of your arguments are a little skinny on fact or relevance.

my evidence is solid and known by many against it .. that's the port authority report above  .. now tell me its not a national security issue  why did they redact all the pages .. ask ya self that as well .. what have they got to hide about it and the cost's .. 

2 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

if ya go back and read you will find that report from the ceo of royal carribean .. and the cruise industry brings roughly as its debateable 2.4 billion to in 2017  as we all know not everybody gets off the ships and on average from a independent report on average they spend around 35 dollars .. most eat on the ship and spend stuff all just walk around .. now in 2009 I think the angling community of nsw as quaoted by nsw state gov brings in 3.4 billion to nsw economy  in 2017 it was estimated at 5 billion 

Not just talking about  what the  the passengers spend in port but  also the  provisions  required by the ship to feed  etc all those passengers, not only in port but during their cruise. Remember  those "thousands" of trucks you mentioned clogging up the roads around the terminal, that's what they will be doing there.

Oh,and by the way, everybody will be getting off the  ships as Sydney is an embark/debark port , not a port of call so if you add in hotel accommodation, transport, meals,  airport taxes etc I'm sure the total income would be far greater than the anglers contribution, consdering they have all of NSW to fish in, cruise ships have far fewer venues.

13 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

my evidence is solid and known by many against it .. that's the port authority report above  .. now tell me its not a national security issue  why did they redact all the pages .. ask ya self that as well .. what have they got to hide about it and the cost's .. 

Uh Huh...... now I understand

National security issue.....its cruise terminal ..not a nuclear missile base.

12 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Not just talking about  what the  the passengers spend in port but  also the  provisions  required by the ship to feed  etc all those passengers, not only in port but during their cruise. Remember  those "thousands" of trucks you mentioned clogging up the roads around the terminal, that's what they will be doing there.

Oh,and by the way, everybody will be getting off the  ships as Sydney is an embark/debark port , not a port of call so if you add in hotel accommodation, transport, meals,  airport taxes etc I'm sure the total income would be far greater than the anglers contribution, consdering they have all of NSW to fish in, cruise ships have far fewer venues.

you do know when your spending on the ship the money goes to the cruise line and is not taxed by Australia or any country .. most of these ships fly international flags from countries such as malta and one stage royal carribean was flying the liberian flag just so they can avoid paying taxes .. that cost 2.4 billion is for everything thing all thru  nsw  and no the income is not far greater than the angling community of nsw we do export a lot of fish as well , transport them fly them overseas , shall I go on .. we even supply yes the cruise boats with fresh fish , all the restaurant's in nsw that have fish  or shell fish on there menu .. 

56 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

that's right solid and known to many against the proposal … now your getting it its not a nuclear base .. 

I'd be inclined to take more notice of the passionate epistles that you pen if you made some attempt to use the correct spelling of our language and at least made some try at accepted presentation and format . As your diatribe is presented at the moment, I can only take you as being someone who has such disdain for those that may differ in opinion, that you can't be bothered with this simple courtesy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, in rod we trust said:

your a cracker  progress and advancement  …  at what cost do you stop and think about progress and advancement ..  what when its all gone  its that type of thinking that has put this country at a mess .. everything is being sold off  and destroyed for your progress and advancement as you call it ..  great stuff  take another listen to that video maybe just maybe you might get it .. but I doubt it 

Surely a rocket to the moon is a bigger step to think about progress and advancement.... than a cruise terminal?!

But whatever floats your boat.

2 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

I'd be inclined to take more notice of the passionate epistles that you pen if you made some attempt to use the correct spelling of our language and at least made some try at accepted presentation and format . As your diatribe is presented at the moment, I can only take you as being someone who has such disdain for those that may differ in opinion, that you can't be bothered with this simple courtesy.

got no problem with those that may have a different opinion.  im not going on opinion's im going on facts …  and sorry for the spelling mistakes and as such but English wasn't my best subject.

5 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

got no problem with those that may have a different opinion.  im not going on opinion's im going on facts …  and sorry for the spelling mistakes and as such but English wasn't my best subject.

You've demonstrated a history of making claims up to suit your argument, and what you've presented here is more of the same.

Facts are sadly lacking from your posts. Unsupported claims, not so much.

9 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

You've demonstrated a history of making claims up to suit your argument, and what you've presented here is more of the same.

Facts are sadly lacking from your posts. Unsupported claims, not so much.

maybe to you

but its all facts ..   you have google look it up ..   my facts are out there and for many to check .. at least they are out there ..  now lets look at the port authority facts and reports  your waiting on ,  oh I forgot they have all be redacted   .. I got nothing to hide I put it all out there .. what are they hiding by redacting all there info.

I posted the port authority info for you since you wanted to see the reports .  but as you can see its all be redacted  so nobody can see what the pro's and con's are . by redacting the info it just supports all the claims I have made as they hide by the report

1 hour ago, in rod we trust said:

you do know when your spending on the ship the money goes to the cruise line and is not taxed by Australia or any country .. most of these ships fly international flags from countries such as malta and one stage royal carribean was flying the liberian flag just so they can avoid paying taxes .. that cost 2.4 billion is for everything thing all thru  nsw  and no the income is not far greater than the angling community of nsw we do export a lot of fish as well , transport them fly them overseas , shall I go on .. we even supply yes the cruise boats with fresh fish , all the restaurant's in nsw that have fish  or shell fish on there menu .. 

You do know that the cruise lines pay the local suppliers, even the local fishermen, for their goods don’t you?...although, judging by some of your comments, maybe not.

The hotels,transport,local businesses etc,   who are providing locals with employment etc are not owned by those evil money hungry cruise lines..oops sorry ....only Royal Caribbean ....and that money goes into the local economy. The cruise lines also pay ( rather hefty) fees for the use of the terminal that will be owned by the Port Authority, not the cruise line

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

You do know that the cruise lines pay the local suppliers, even the local fishermen, for their goods don’t you?...although, judging by some of your comments, maybe not.

The hotels,transport,local businesses etc,   who are providing locals with employment etc are not owned by those evil money hungry cruise lines..oops sorry ....only Royal Caribbean ....and that money goes into the local economy. The cruise lines also pay ( rather hefty) fees for the use of the terminal that will be owned by the Port Authority, not the cruise line

that's why the gov said 2.4 billion  ya take what you posted out it probably be lucky to reach half a billion.. 

5 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

maybe to you

but its all facts ..   you have google look it up ..   my facts are out there and for many to check .. at least they are out there ..  now lets look at the port authority facts and reports  your waiting on ,  oh I forgot they have all be redacted   .. I got nothing to hide I put it all out there .. what are they hiding by redacting all there info.

I posted the port authority info for you since you wanted to see the reports .  but as you can see its all be redacted  so nobody can see what the pro's and con's are .

So you are making conclusions based on the information that was redacted and you have not even read??????????

1 minute ago, gbenjo said:

So you are making conclusions based on the information that was redacted and you have not even read??????????

no

Im  stating facts based on the bay and past developments and there impacts and the many reports that have been done on dredging toxic toxins in the bay ,  and many other facts

On 1/4/2020 at 10:37 PM, ilikeanswers said:

The Greens have somehow become the punching bag of politics when in fact they are no worst than other political parties. So far they are the only ones who budget their policies, you have to give them credit for that. But the real issue is we have not adjusted policies and procedures for the new climate conditions. The reality is the weather patterns have changed yet everyone in power keeps acting like the weather patterns well go back to "normal". Even the farmers are calling for governments to start changing systems and policies to fit the new reality but it is like everyone who has that power is in complete denial and all they keep saying is "we have to hold out till the weather goes back to normal" 🤦🏽‍♀️

So true.

1 hour ago, in rod we trust said:

that cost 2.4 billion is for everything thing all thru  nsw  and no the income is not far greater than the angling community of nsw we do export a lot of fish as well , transport them fly them overseas , shall I go on .. we even supply yes the cruise boats with fresh fish , all the restaurant's in nsw that have fish  or shell fish on there menu .. 

I do not believe that fish caught in Botany Bay by anglers is exported overseas or sold to cruise boats. That fish would come from professional fishermen operating off-shore.

21 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

maybe to you

I posted the port authority info for you since you wanted to see the reports .  but as you can see its all be redacted  so nobody can see what the pro's and con's are . by redacting the info it just supports all the claims I have made as they hide by the report

Ok, to clarify we're talking about _relevant_ facts. Sure you've posted historical speeches, videos about other countries, stuff from the last century about other places. But facts about what we're talking about... not a lot.

And the above is also low on content. You posted a blurred out report - and then claim that makes it all a conspiracy. That's not a fact, there's other reasons that details can be excluded. And as already covered, it's only early stages and even states in that report you've posted they recommend actually doing detailed studies. That's when you get some real information - and I hope that is made available to all.

4 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

Aruba, I believe, is a port of call destination, not a port for starting / ending a cruise so has no real relevance to your argument (again)

1 minute ago, The_Big_M said:

Ok, to clarify we're talking about _relevant_ facts. Sure you've posted historical speeches, videos about other countries, stuff from the last century about other places. But facts about what we're talking about... not a lot.

And the above is also low on content. You posted a blurred out report - and then claim that makes it all a conspiracy. That's not a fact, there's other reasons that details can be excluded. And as already covered, it's only early stages and even states in that report you've posted they recommend actually doing detailed studies. That's when you get some real information - and I hope that is made available to all.

don't hold ya breath for that info 

if its low on content , then why redact it if they have nothing to hide release it for all to see and make judgement .. I didn't post a blurred out report , port authority sent that to us and mind you we were expecting the full un redacted report but ended up with that

2 hours ago, in rod we trust said:

you do know when your spending on the ship the money goes to the cruise line and is not taxed by Australia or any country .. most of these ships fly international flags from countries such as malta and one stage royal carribean was flying the liberian flag just so they can avoid paying taxes ..

Claiming cruiseships are registered in countries such as Malta is so they can avoid paying taxes is totally wrong and I have to say, shows your lack of understanding of the cruise industry. Just because the ship might be registered in another country does not mean that the company avoid paying tax. The port of registry is totally irrelevant when it comes to tax. The major cruise lines are corporations registered in USA and/or UK and that is where they would declare their profits on which they pay tax.