Christmas activities and decorations

hmk012

21 minutes ago, hmk012 said:

We just booked a cruise on Independence of the Sea sailing 12/19. What holiday activities do they offer during that time? Anyone who's been, do you have pictures of decorations? Thanks!

Just do a quick google search for Royal Caribbean Christmas cruise and you'll see how they decorate.  There will be Christmas Carols on the promenade on Christmas Eve, Christmas themes in the parade, Santa on Christmas day for the kids, special MDR menu for Christmas dinner.  Also, a lot of the everyday activities will have Christmas/holiday themes added as well.

We frequently  sail Royal Caribbean in December, and have also sailed during Christmas.  The ship will be beautifully decorated. However, I don’t recall any specific Christmas activities except for those cruises that were actually on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. 

Enjoy

m

31 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

We board Adventure Dec 1.  Will the ship be decked out for Christmas that early?

They will have started decorations on Nov 29, so it's possible they might be finished by then.  You could see some decorations in progress.

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

They will have started decorations on Nov 22, so it's possible they might be finished by then.  You could see some decorations in progress.

Wow they start a week before Thanksgiving!  That's great, that'll make this first cruise for the Grandkids really special!

23 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Wow they start a week before Thanksgiving!  That's great, that'll make this first cruise for the Grandkids really special!

No, they start the day after Thanksgiving, Nov 29.  I made a mistake on my previous post, which I will fix.

Ship is decorated so gorgeous.  Also, on Christmas day, every child under 18 gets a gift.  Last time on a Christmas cruise, the staff led Christmas carols on Christmas night.  We love cruising at Christmas.  Ship is decorated right after Thanksgiving, so you will see tons of decorations around the ship when you go.

• Like 1