Florence in Mid November

knilor1961

36 minutes ago, knilor1961 said:

Wondering if any of you have been to Florence in November.  Not sure whether it’s worth it to do skip the line to see The David or any of the other attractions.  Also guided or not guided.

thanks in advance

We have been in Florence in November and December, May and June and it is always crowded.

It is a total waste of your time not to pre-book the museums as the lines are long and longer.

Enjoy this wonderful city....

22 hours ago, knilor1961 said:

Wondering if any of you have been to Florence in November.  Not sure whether it’s worth it to do skip the line to see The David or any of the other attractions.  Also guided or not guided.

thanks in advance

We have been in Florence in late October and early Spring and it is always crowded. The Skip the Line tickets are IMHO the only way to go for any of the popular attractions. If it is your first time, I would recommend guided tours. Florence is my favorite city in Italy and the only one I would visit more than once.

Make sure you visit the Basilica Santa Croce church. Our first visit to Florence we rented an apartment over looking the Santa Croce Church. It is a beautiful church and Michelangelo is buried in Santa Croce, as are Rossini, Machiavelli, and the Pisan-born Galileo Galilei, who was tried by the Inquisition and was not allowed a Christian burial until 1737, 95 years after his death.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We have been in Florence in late October and early Spring and it is always crowded. The Skip the Line tickets are IMHO the only way to go for any of the popular attractions. If it is your first time, I would recommend guided tours. Florence is my favorite city in Italy and the only one I would visit more than once.

Make sure you visit the Basilica Santa Croce church. Our first visit to Florence we rented an apartment over looking the Santa Croce Church. It is a beautiful church and Michelangelo is buried in Santa Croce, as are Rossini, Machiavelli, and the Pisan-born Galileo Galilei, who was tried by the Inquisition and was not allowed a Christian burial until 1737, 95 years after his death.

Have spent some time in Florence and Santa Croce is one of my favorites!  On our last trip time was limited so we opted to go to Santa Croce rather than the Duomo ... shorter lines and a lovely place to spend some time.

On 9/17/2019 at 12:36 PM, knilor1961 said:

thanks in advance

I have been to Florence several times in November.  Florence is ALWAYS crowded, when you are there, paying the extra money to skip the lines is always beneficial! (the skip the line, lines are actually quite long)!. Actually I really suggest you book a private tour to make the most of your trip there.  My most recent trip was in May (during the OFF LOL season), which I know is not November, I brought 4 friends who  had not been there before, they were over whelmed by the crowds and so glad I talked them in to buying tours!  Honestly if this is your only time to go to Florence, make the most of it and see everything you can with a guide... you never know if you will ever make it back!

• Like 1