Tea on Regal Princess

happiness is cruising

7 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

That is a special 'high tea', as you say, on select days. I answered the OP's question about afternoon tea in the MDR. Afternoon tea is also available every day in the Horizon Court.

The OP didnt ask about the DR's.

"Has anyone been on Regal recently and can confirm Tea is served in the afternoon

on Port Days???  Thank You".

1 minute ago, Colo Cruiser said:

The OP didnt ask about the DR's.

"Has anyone been on Regal recently and can confirm Tea is served in the afternoon

on Port Days???  Thank You".

Agreed. The question was about afternoon tea on port days. I believe the reason they don't serve it in the MDR (or lunch for that matter) on port days is because there aren't a lot of people on the ship. Do they serve the $10 afternoon tea on port days?

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Agreed. The question was about afternoon tea on port days. I believe the reason they don't serve it in the MDR (or lunch for that matter) on port days is because there aren't a lot of people on the ship. Do they serve the $10 afternoon tea on port days?

To me it was random. When we did it it was one afternoon while in port in the Med onboard the Royal.

To me it was not worth the $$ and very noisy in the atrium. So now we just do the standard no cost tea in the DR when we can.

5 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

To me it was random. When we did it it was one afternoon while in port in the Med onboard the Royal.

To me it was not worth the $$ and very noisy in the atrium. So now we just do the standard no cost tea in the DR when we can.

OK. The standard afternoon tea is quite good, but we rarely get to it. If I had the special $10 afternoon tea, I don't think I would want to eat dinner.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, happiness is cruising said:

Has anyone been on Regal recently and can confirm Tea is served in the afternoon

on Port Days???  Thank You 

We were on the Regal in April for the trans-Atlantic.  We went to the MDR afternoon tea while in port at least once after returning from our land tour.  I do not recall if it was offered at each port.

Every Princess cruise we've been on in the last three years (including three on Regal Princess) has had tea offered in one of the MDRs every day including all port days except for the embarkation day.

If there were to be a change in policy, it would be fleet wide, not specific to one ship.

On 9/17/2019 at 8:15 PM, happiness is cruising said:

Has anyone been on Regal recently and can confirm Tea is served in the afternoon

on Port Days???  Thank You 

Dear happiness is cruising,

In what we call the SLOOP Line it is. But wish this revenue production vehicle was while in port in the MDR too.

Having revenue produiced even  in a modest amount is the reason why the Carnival Lines of Ships have this awesome (to me) event.

Have youall noticed LIPTON Tea changed the Teas? It used to have a nice Taste that was unique to that NJ Firm.

You saw , I hope, what I had posted too:

Howdy,

I forgot to mention on seeing /seaing...

Deck Five ;PLAZA/Lobby Deck

International Cafe (open 24-hour complimentary food bar for panini sandwiches, salads, pastries, cupcakes, pies; specialty coffees and the “Tea Tower”/250 tea blends drinks are extra)

Edited by AAAAmerican