Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

sid_9169

On 9/22/2019 at 3:09 PM, sid_9169 said:

More Meridian MDR...

IMG_20190922_145808.thumb.jpg.b94633eeb5eec05a336a497000775b9f.jpg

IMG_20190922_145829.thumb.jpg.ad4f7f942fbe1c8388c8ce8441e50c2c.jpg

IMG_20190922_145848.jpg

I thought there was a big uproar when Carnival did away with tablecloths in the MDR...looks like plenty of tablecloths! Did they go back to them?  Haven't sailed Carnival since 2013 so I might not be up on all of the changes...

Enjoying your review!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pcrum said:

I thought there was a big uproar when Carnival did away with tablecloths in the MDR...looks like plenty of tablecloths! Did they go back to them?  Haven't sailed Carnival since 2013 so I might not be up on all of the changes...

Enjoying your review!

I believe they still use them on the Elegant nights.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

Oh wow, how cool is that.  The Bloody Mary I got at seaday brunch was basically vodka-laced tomato juice.  Little flavor and only green olives as a garnish; at least it had decent strength.  I never knew the Pig & Anchor branding made such a big difference.  

It is probably  “Guy F.” approved, and he loves his pork!  This review takes me back.  We never had a check-in line like that in Grand Turk. Wow!  When we were getting back on the ship in La Romana we got locked in the big shop area for at LEAST 30 minutes of agony.  Another ship came in (if I remember correctly) and we had to wait for them to unload before the doors would open to let us go.  It was around 2 p.m. we didn’t know if it was siesta time or wth was happening!  It was hot, crowded, and I think the lights were out.  People were ticked off and pounding on the glass doors to come in so they could go through the shop & down to the ship. Still not sure why lights and a/c went out.  It was miserable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

IMG_20190923_125738.thumb.jpg.5d6802eaf29f7267a3e12a0c166343b5.jpg

I mentioned earlier about the absurdly long wait to get back on the ship, even though there were only about twenty people in line...

Currently, there is a line stretching all the way from the ship to shore... Whomever is responsible for this should be fired immediately. I'm not even sure if I want to get off the ship if this is what I have to look forward to trying to get back on...

I think if I got stuck with this line?  I'd be hanging at the Beached Whale bar and grill having some refreshments and conch fritters until the line shrunk a good bit.

• Like 3

Lovin' the food and beverage p0rn!  I may have to reconsider my usual Alchemy filthy vodka martini for my upcoming trip on the Miracle as tequila is up there on the fav list.  Our traditional sail away beverages are shots of Patron silver and Coronas!

• Like 3