Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

sid_9169

That was a heap of rabbit food on that pizza.... but I suppose you gotta ingest SOME healthy calories. 

By the way... audibly chortled at “squoze” and woke my dogs up out of a snooze! Enjoying the review and your writing style immensely. I’m a new follower, so thank you for opening your life to all of us. 

• Like 1

Just a funny thing that happened tonight at the teppanyaki restaurant... The lady next to me was there with her husband / boyfriend / whatever, kept putting her food on my plate whenever the cook put it on her plate... She said that it was just too much... It just seems like she would have put it on her husband / boyfriend / whatever's plate instead of mine...

Things that make you go hmmmm...

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Just a funny thing that happened tonight at the teppanyaki restaurant... The lady next to me was there with her husband / boyfriend / whatever, kept putting her food on my plate whenever the cook put it on her plate... She said that it was just too much... It just seems like she would have put it on her husband / boyfriend / whatever's plate instead of mine...

Was her Husband/Boyfriend/Potential significant other a.....portly fellow?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

No doubt. Things that make ya go Ooohoooo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

It just seems like she would have put it on her husband / boyfriend / whatever's plate instead of mine...

Yeah, especially since she was licking the food to get a little taste before placing it on your plate. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Sid  --  maybe she thought you looked hungry...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I’ve been flamed numerous times on John Heald polls when I say this, but here goes: get rid of set dining times with assigned tables. Follow the NCL model of Freestyle Cruising, where you eat wherever you want, whenever you want. You just step up to the hostess at the restaurant OF YOUR CHOICE (not one assigned MDR) tell her you want a table for 1, 2, or how large your party is. Perfect. No issues what so ever. But there are some cruisers that balk at any kind of change, no matter how good it is. When you go to a nice restaurant at home, are you seated with a bunch of strangers? No. If I want to mingle on a cruise, I will, but please, no forced mingling at dinner. Sid, you must choose YTD next time. 

I started cruising with NCL. Freestyle dining is THE reason we switched to sailing with Carnival. We only want assigned dining. I was happy when Carnival added YTD as an option since many people to prefer it. But if Carnival ever does away with assigned dining we will be changing cruise lines again. As popular as YTD is I can see that may be the future but it’s just not for us. 

• Like 4

I'm heading out with Seavis Tours in La Romana today, to Sanoa Island... It's supposed to be absolutely stunning, and secluded. There is a speed boat that takes you out there and back due to the distance. The time of the excursion is most of our port time today. They're the number one rated tour provider on TripAdvisor, so I guess they have a good record of getting people back on time...

• Like 8

Morning Sid...having my first coffee...and getting caught up...have a great day today....can't wait for the pictures!!  Also....love pictures of Carnival hallways....almost my happy place walking down one of those hallways to some where wonderful!!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm heading out with Seavis Tours in La Romana today, to Sanoa Island... It's supposed to be absolutely stunning, and secluded. There is a speed boat that takes you out there and back due to the distance. The time of the excursion is most of our port time today. They're the number one rated tour provider on TripAdvisor, so I guess they have a good record of getting people back on time...

Great tour. guides are fantastic.  If water is clear, lots to see.  Could be your desert island.  Can be a bit rough on the crossing.  But not quick the turbo charged rides in other places.

• Like 1