Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

sid_9169

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Last night I dipped out of the steakhouse to go check out my table in the MDR... There were three older ladies, much older than me even... I'll probably only be eating in there two times anyway...

You know they'll probably fawn all over you 😍

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I've never heard of CD Cookie before, but he seems to be pretty good... (And funny)

IMG_20190922_132153.jpg

He's awesome!!  We sailed with him on the Magic a few years ago!!  He was also Matt Mitcham's "sidekick" on the Vista.  We loved him!!  🙂 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

If y'all are talking about the New England Patriots, that's not allowed here... I'm still angry about that Superbowl a couple of years ago...

Haha I’m a huge New England fan as well. But that wasn’t the Patriot I was referring too. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Lol! Yes! A very true Patriot here! 😉 And actually, I’m a retired nurse. Put in my time, got my battle scars (bilateral TKRs), and loving life to the max now! I was a nurse manager of a cardiac/telemetry unit. 👩‍⚕️

Awesome. Floor nursing isn’t for the weak. I did my 10 years now I place PICCs and midlines at the bedside. Best job ever. Managing people at the bedside was the hardest job I ever had. Ok now back to your regularly scheduled review by our resident drinker in chief. Sorry for hijacking! 

• Like 4

The guy who recognized me yesterday at the Alchemy Bar (Trey)... Well, his dad just came up to me at the Tides Bar and gave me a shot glass... He says he loves to read the reviews, and now him and his son are part of it... It's sorta like if I met Jennifer Anniston and I was telling her how I loved her as an actress... Well, not exactly the same, but something like that...

IMG_20190922_141956.jpg

• Like 16
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, missholly24 said:

Awesome. Floor nursing isn’t for the weak. I did my 10 years now I place PICCs and midlines at the bedside. Best job ever. Managing people at the bedside was the hardest job I ever had. Ok now back to your regularly scheduled review by our resident drinker in chief. Sorry for hijacking! 

Yes, that’s an awesome job you have! Managing patients at bedside (and their families) can be stressful. Especially when you running codes, or flying over a bed to a combative patient with a syringe of sedatives. Lol! Rough on the body and soul! Sorry, Sid for hijacking your review for a little sho talk. Now, carry on.....isn’t it time for another cocktail? 🍸🍹😎

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Yes, that’s an awesome job you have! Managing patients at bedside (and their families) can be stressful. Especially when you running codes, or flying over a bed to a combative patient with a syringe of sedatives. Lol! Rough on the body and soul! Sorry, Sid for hijacking your review for a little sho talk. Now, carry on.....isn’t it time for another cocktail? 🍸🍹😎

No more hijacking or I'll stop this entire review...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

No, it wasn’t. I knew what she meant. She may have seen some of my other posts somewhere. 😉 🇺🇸

Ha great minds think alike. Back to the focus, I’ve read Vista and Horizon are a bit too......congested. Any truth to that? 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 9:34 AM, sid_9169 said:

I went out to find some breakfast once the rain let up... This is one of my favorite views in Brickell... I love that curved building.IMG_20190921_084725.thumb.jpg.fc3e91b3f864f6116fb49b4d91807644.jpg

IMG_20190921_090548.thumb.jpg.75ff9123d8519c3c11ce7615f7144244.jpg

IMG_20190921_090716.thumb.jpg.0fc36f18c5723d2b3ee82f603a2afa08.jpg

IMG_20190921_091511.thumb.jpg.e2e5b630a2f263f5c2071b3b341f8b29.jpg

It looks like these d@mn e scooters have made their way down here to Miami... It's not so much the scooters themselves, but the people riding them... I don't really have anything against millennials per se... Well, maybe their hairstyles. Or, the music they listen to... Or, their political beliefs... Wait. What was I talking about? Oh, the e scooters... Yeah, I just don't like 'em... There, I said it...

IMG_20190921_091441.jpg

Hi Wilson!

I am binge watching and had a thought when I came across this...

I understand Cruise Ships are catering towards millennials since they are the future cruisers.  Well, if that is true, the only thing cruise ships need to do is eliminate everything on the top deck (race cars, laser tag, roller coasters) and install a REALLY big Starbucks with FREE WIFI!  I think I just saved the cruise industry millions!  You're welcome!  LOL!

Enjoy your sea day  🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, OceanBlueWaters said:

Hi Wilson!

I am binge watching and had a thought when I came across this...

I understand Cruise Ships are catering towards millennials since they are the future cruisers.  Well, if that is true, the only thing cruise ships need to do is eliminate everything on the top deck (race cars, laser tag, roller coasters) and install a REALLY big Starbucks with FREE WIFI!  I think I just saved the cruise industry millions!  You're welcome!  LOL!

Enjoy your sea day  🙂

And, maybe they could have a fleet of e scooters so they could get from the Starbucks to their cabin without having to walk...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Maybe, instead of the bacon police (or, in addition to the bacon police) they should have a hand washing station police... Make every single person use it prior to handling stuff in the buffet... Another side note: if I ever win the lottery, I'm getting one of these for my house...

IMG_20190922_101753.jpg

Hahaha...

That's where we are different...

I have no problem washing my hands & using paper towels...

I can't tell for sure, from the pic - but I'm not about to put my hands in a machine like this... 

When I don't know what everyone else's hands were like before they put them in & then they touch the sides, etc...

• Like 4