Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

sid_9169

26 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

special drink with Jameson and horchata...

IMG_20190928_204723.jpg

This makes me want to be sitting at Alchemy right about now. Following along on our journey made me check out what's available and just booked an 8 day Breeze in 2021. I enjoyed reading everything about your birthday cruise. Be safe heading home tomorrow.

• Like 1

I feel like we should pay you for taking us along on your cruise!  It has been so enjoyable following along.  You should start a you-tube channel and get some money for your reviews of cruising/travel with ad revenue!  Thanks for the great week and Happy 50th!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I think the no-selfie rule should be broken for Lana's sake... surely she would be worth it. 😉

OR, get someone to take a pic of you two and then it wouldn't be a selfie. Yeah.

Lana is on break, and by the time she gets back I'll be in bed... I have my dreams to look forward to...

It was only a week ago that I was sanitizing each and every one of these hangers, individually... Now, most of it is packed away, and I have a six am wake up call for an 11:00 flight... If you made it this far without bailing out, then you're the ones I want to thank the most... I'll try to keep it entertaining until the bitter end... Thank you all again.........

IMG_20190928_222722.jpg

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

The cruise so far... By the numbers:

Times in the hot tub=0

Times in the elevator=1

Times in the MDR=1

Ice cream cones=0

Chogging=0

Specialty restaurant=6 *including tonight at Jiji Asian...

Guy's burgers=1

Pizza=5

Guy's pig and anchor bbq=2

Blue Iguana tacos and burritos=2

Up past midnight=2

Shaving=0

Dive in movies=0

Production shows=0

Comedy club=0

Omelettes=3

Visit buffet=2

Argument at bar while drunk=1

Thong bikinis spotted=72

People who shouldn't be wearing thong bikinis=19

Beers consumed=1

Other alcoholic drinks consumed=Incalculable

People who spotted me as a Cruise Critic reviewer=5

What was the drunk argument about?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

It was only a week ago that I was sanitizing each and every one of these hangers, individually... Now, most of it is packed away, and I have a six am wake up call for an 11:00 flight... If you made it this far without bailing out, then you're the ones I want to thank the most... I'll try to keep it entertaining until the bitter end... Thank you all again.........

If it makes you feel better I’m going to be up two hours before you....well one hour with the time difference.

• Like 1

Great Review, I enjoyed travelling virtually with you.  I have enjoyed your reviews in the past but typically from the sidelines.

I admire your adventurous food consumption because most of what you ate I personally would not be able to try.  I’m very boring when it comes to food.

Thanks for sharing and safe travels home.

I will look for your next cruise review in December.

Sweet dreams of Lana!  I’m glad to know you are not intimidated by her height as I too am quite a tall female with heels definitely over 6’ and some comments I get are not always nice.  I usually say I’m sorry I’m tall!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

IMG_20190928_222722.jpg

I hate this!  It’s the end. I’m sorry your cruise is over. Thank you for taking us along. I hope you write a review for your December cruise.  

• Like 1

I finally caught up on your last night.  Thanks for taking us along with you on your birthday adventure - it’s been great.  Safe travels tomorrow.  You’ll be cruising again before you know it.  Until then I’ll see you in the Ay Tee El. 

Edited by 30palms
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, zippyjet said:

Just came off the Horizon (my 2nd. Go round) I took the 8 night S. CARIBBEAN cruise ladt year. As a matter of fact, I'm seriously considerating repeating next September. Had a blast on the six nighter. Ship is great staff cool and friendly. However I doubt Ill do a cruise with a Stop in Jamaica unless I go with a group of friends/co-workers. I'll have to do one of my reviews. The ports of call on your cruise rock except La Romana. Ocho Rios is nice scenery but the locals hock you to death when you come off the ship. I get that crap in downtown Baltimore. Thanks but no thanks. Cozumel which I like also had the come bug me I'm a cruiser welcoming committee. I resorted to acting mentally challenged. This worked a bit. ( the r word)

Wow, the “r” word.... really!!

• Like 1