Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

sid_9169

On 9/18/2019 at 9:17 AM, sid_9169 said:
... My reviews tend to be verbose, bordering on boring, so you've been warned. If backstories, 
planning, side stories, and digressions interest you, then pour yourself a drink, and continue reading...

Yes, please!  Looking forward to it all!  Thanks for bringing us along!

• Like 1

As it always seems to happen on the day before vacation... We got pounded pretty good here at the store right at the end of the day... Good news is that there are only a matter of minutes left! Next stop, a little side work and I'll probably pick up something quick and easy to eat, before getting the packing squared away...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, peteandpris said:

So happy about your review. Sid have you ever through of cruising with Saint Greg. Now that would be a great review, I can't wait for more. 

I would cruise with him... In fact we're both cruising different ships the first week of December, so look out for a "Double Live Onslaught"... Mine on NCL and his on CCL...

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I would cruise with him... In fact we're both cruising different ships the first week of December, so look out for a "Double Live Onslaught"... Mine on NCL and his on CCL...

Two years in a row I believe. For me it's because the Saints are playing  the thursday before two years in a row which means no game that weekend. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, DebOinKC said:

YAY I'm so excited for this review! I have 15 days before we head to Miami and board the Conquest, and this review will definitely make the time go by faster. Thanks Sid. Hope you have a great birthday cruise 🙂 

I should be on that sailing too!

Sorry to hijack your thread, Sid.  Happy sailing and Happy real Birthday!

• Like 1

Apparently, I completely failed to consider the logistical ramifications of carrying a 12 pack of beer while riding a bicycle... I really didn't feel like having to go out again once I got home, so I bought 3 Fosters oil cans and stuffed them in my backpack... That equals a six pack of beer, so it'll have to do for tonight... I promise a significant increase in the quality of beverage p0rn starting tomorrow...

IMG_20190919_195251.jpg

• Like 3

On 9/18/2019 at 1:31 PM, disneylover89 said:

Aren't the 2 Surf and Turfs different?  Cagney is steak and shrimp and Ocean blue is steak and lobster tail

On 9/18/2019 at 9:49 AM, sid_9169 said:

Another thing I've been experimenting with at home lately is called DHM... It's also one of the ingredients in the others, but this is just the pure stuff... (By the way, all of these items were bought from Amazon... Maybe they could give me a kickback as well...

IMG_20190917_080528.jpg

I noticed the description of the product says “helps prevent hangovers” - I’m all for that but “reduces feelings of intoxication” - hell I paid good money to feel intoxicated and I don’t want it diminished 😜 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, DubNHub said:

Coulda carried them in your belly 🤷🏻‍♂️

If only you'd gotten the fanny pack I wanted you to get! 

ETA: Although a 12 pack wouldn't have in there either.

Edited by cml4958
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I just spent the last hour and a half looking for some of my swimming trunks that must've been lost in the move... I don't have all night to dig through every box, so I'm going to have to just make do with the ones I could find... Meanwhile, I did get the shirts wrapped up and ready to go... All the preparations I've been doing over the last two hundred days or so, and it all comes down to this... I wish I would have thought about the damn swimming trunks a week ago...

IMG_20190919_205245.jpg

28 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

I noticed the description of the product says “helps prevent hangovers” - I’m all for that but “reduces feelings of intoxication” - hell I paid good money to feel intoxicated and I don’t want it diminished 😜 

The directions on the bottle say to take after you're done drinking, so I suppose that you can get as drunk as you want and then use this... Like I said, all this is purely experimental to me...

The swimming trunks that I've been searching for all this time were in a compartment of my carry on suitcase... This is the kind of stuff that happens when you get old and also drink too much... On a side note: when I was at the store buying my beer tonight, I got carded, and had to dig through my backpack to find my ID... I tried to explain to the lady that I was almost fifty years old, but she wasn't ringing up my order until I produced the documentation...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

For the past two or three weeks, I've been using CBD oil to help me with my sleep... Technically, this is still forbidden according to the cruise line, but I'm bringing it anyway... The worst that could happen is that they confiscate it... I'm pretty sure that with the number of passengers they have to deal with, that my tiny bottle of CBD oil will get through with no problem...

IMG_20190919_212106.jpg

11 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

The swimming trunks that I've been searching for all this time were in a compartment of my carry on suitcase... This is the kind of stuff that happens when you get old and also drink too much... On a side note: when I was at the store buying my beer tonight, I got carded, and had to dig through my backpack to find my ID... I tried to explain to the lady that I was almost fifty years old, but she wasn't ringing up my order until I produced the documentation...

My local Walgreens scans your id EVERY TIME 

• Like 1