Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

sid_9169

17 minutes ago, blarko said:

Holy moly! How do you keep track of all those names without duplicating?

Very carefully... If someone ends up being listed twice, you'll win a prize!... Note: probably not a very good prize...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 9/27/2019 at 10:34 AM, sid_9169 said:

Work continues on the Skyride... The guy is welding under that black tarp...

IMG_20190927_103042.jpg

They had similar problems when I was on the vista last year. They had to weld a new piece in when we returned to port.

20180426_122507.jpg

Edited by darth frosty

Hello, I'm another latecomer to your review.  I will be on the Horizon next September sailing solo as well. 

I found your review while researching and over the past two days have read this and the ATL reviews.  I have enjoyed both of them.  I felt as though I travelled with you !!

I am not too very far from you in South Fulton County.  Hello neighbor ;o)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Very carefully... If someone ends up being listed twice, you'll win a prize!... Note: probably not a very good prize...

Like maybe new guys hairbrush or toothbrush...

🤣

Edited by Von & John
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, CallistaSkye said:

OMG yes new review to read! I'm currently reading your Feb one. Seriously, they should pay you to write these. Glad that you've gotten to go on some more cruises! 

Thank you so much for reading, CallistaSkye! Hopefully you'll be there "Live" with me in December on the NCL Encore...

• Like 1

Wow Sid! Awesome review, which I have read from beginning to end. From nearly the beginning, every time that someone mentioned "the tribe," I wondered if perhaps you are also a member of a different "tribe", the one I am a member of.

Like you,  most of my "tribe" live by making lists. Like you, they tend to be extremely detail oriented. Like the majority of my "tribes" people, you are a germaphobe. Like you, the majority of my "tribe" are single [ and often in superb shape] Like you, people in my "tribe" like to be in control of how much "socializing" they do, because if they do not, they become totally overwhelmed. Like so many of my "tribe" members, you have an  awesomely snarky sense of humor. These are just a few of many examples I could give.

I won't mention my neurology, but I can't help but wondering if you, possibly, at the least are a "cousin" if not a tribe member. I am proud of my neurology, and I hope that if you are one of "us" that you are proud of your neurology as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Thank you so much for reading, CallistaSkye! Hopefully you'll be there "Live" with me in December on the NCL Encore...

For sure! I think it was your review last year or maybe the year before that I read? But I ended up going back and reading your older ones because your writing style is so great and entertaining. You really do have a knack for this. So I look forward to reading your December one as well. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

Looks like I need to get caught up on this as I missed it while it was live. 😀The day after you boarded I was disembarking from the beautiful Harmony of the seas. 

I used Flyby on my Harmony cruise. 😀

Thanks for making it over here, MrFunInTheSun... Hopefully this'll keep you busy for a couple of days...

13 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Thanks for making it over here, MrFunInTheSun... Hopefully this'll keep you busy for a couple of days...

Yeah, I've still got the post cruise blues from my cruise and live report. But good news is Oasis of the seas is less than two months away. 🙂

• Like 1

Sorry that this ended up taking so long... I will now publish the "better late than never" thank you list for the Horizon cruise that we all just experienced together... When I got back home, real life hit me right in the face, so to say, and there were a record number of names to try and keep up with... This is just a little personal "Thank You" that has become a tradition, and I'm a sucker for tradition... If I messed up any of your usernames, please forgive me. So, without further adieu, the list is as follows (In order of first appearance...) 

OddJob, bnbeyer, TravelGirlinDallas, MzShae, deedle7544, LandlockedCruiser01, hard_eight, MEUB1112, bontx33, jbethel11, glrounds, csj092809, jbhw, Jamman54, Slainte57, VentureMan_2000,
SenatorsFan, Jerseygirl1416, Saint Greg, sandyzag, pebbles1102, PhillyFan33579, HeyJut, JandPB, BigNance, cml4958, JennVT, OceanBlueWaters, 2bthere, Greenpea2, 4ptjo, DebOinKC, Cairns
Cruisers, MeganGC1983, g-cindy, mlshum, Webecruzen, Nclgetawaymenhoney, Etta1213, ceilidh1, cruiser147147, grima625, lazydayz, Cruisercl, BohJang, 4hunters, purpleally, EllaDuChien, mkcurran, kpark895, Lem_On_Ade, WaywardBlue, pinkylucky61, mikayla73, peteandpris, CruzinKristin, Milly1966, DubNHub, gmbhardy, mommio, nccruzencouple, ashirene225, Cafedumonde, jimbri, kackles, JinxyB, Mutumbojimbo, JohnSpo, zencruisers, reeinaz, watermelonqueen99, beshears, pcrum, soccersharon, pohlerbear, CRUISERMOMX3, khewston, SkipsMom, BeachDiva101, Eli6, 30palms,
Amadawn1, onlyano, adam3313, Hogladyrider, IrishComet, grandmarnurse, missholly24, firstimecruiseronncl, Von & John, mopedmom1, Daliaha, Butterbean1000, meatloafsfan, DeanDeeDee, rn4t5, beachbum6264, bina, wardamnweagle, crewsweeper, AHS123, ishap, All-ready2cruise, Tmommy4, graphicguy, devinc, kctraveling, Snick500, tkportersat, katstoy, Bases5, lennythenose, cincicruisers, fyree39, cathyz, HastaLaVistaBaby, RenoNanaOz, lasvegascruising, vicky3vicky, thesmiths, indygirl76, 2wheelin, starfish the second, figmentfreak, wesorbeth, James4me, cruisin*tigger, luvcruzing, jjjhill, emdia43, aztekpm, emm126, lulia, Living_life2019, Loodlow, Just Jo, MimiRN, cruisemein, VitaminSea23, Ultimate Suntan, cruisingal1981, samarcosman,
mjcruiser, marci4toni, tomtom5555, Cruisin Karen, retiring soon, AmyJA, bluesman0711, pretty princess, Cruiser Gub, aknguyen, mcgore83, CelticMCO, carib1, hladygirl, Jim and Monika, CazV, ober134, zippyjet, Lanz, candigirl41, #55worktoplay, PDRobertson, meatball_nyc, Smileonboard, fabuloso, PJDH4, cruise4family, Fire6, 1stTIMECRUZER, Anyislandwilldo, taraavo, THL1313,
mom2tedx2, ROXY GIRL, christydore, Beachiekeen, Houst, VictorWI, CruisinMama2003, Hooked!, bonstersd, darth frosty, matt082600, SailingRNC, CallistaSkye, deliteu, and MrFunInTheSun...

Thank you all so much again, and I hope to have you all "sail with me" again starting on or about Thanksgiving, on the brand new Norwegian Encore...

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 24

Sid...

This review has over 1,500 replies and over 117,000 views. I’ll join my fellow posters when I say that WE owe YOU a giant THANK YOU!

I’m about 60 pages in on the ATL thread.... and like many here, I feel a connection with you. You are unselfish with your thoughts and your time, and you really welcome the reader into your life... good, bad, or ugly. I would not be that brave! Your writing style is so enthralling.... I have no social media, and I’m generally a patient person... but I found myself constantly checking this review to see your latest thoughts, beverages, and clothing choices! 

I hope that in the middle of providing a play by play of your vacation, that you actually enjoyed your vacation and that our presence and questions etc did not disrupt your cruise. You allowed us on your vacation, on your dime, and on your time... and we appreciate you! 

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, blarko said:

Sid, you said a prize goes to anyone you’ve duplicated....what about anyone you’ve missed 🖐 ?  😂😂😂

After all the careful page by page scouring of the entire 62 pages, I ended up leaving you out?... That is total BS, and I owe you a personal "thank you" for being part of the Ay Tee El thread for so long... You have always been one of the All Star frequent posters, and I must've just overlooked it because I see it so often... Will you ever be able to forgive me?...

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

After all the careful page by page scouring of the entire 62 pages, I ended up leaving you out?... That is total BS, and I owe you a personal "thank you" for being part of the Ay Tee El thread for so long... You have always been one of the All Star frequent posters, and I must've just overlooked it because I see it so often... Will you ever be able to forgive me?...

I’ll think about it.........

• Like 2
  • Haha 1