Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

sid_9169

On 9/18/2019 at 8:46 AM, sid_9169 said:

In addition to that, I also bought another bottle of Flyby... One that I've recommend before, and I've seen other people use it in their reviews, with success as well... I should really see if they could give me a monetary kickback for all the free advertising...

Sid -- What's the verdict on the 3 hangover cures you brought on this cruise?    < Detoxx for hangovers Flyby:  DHM >  Which one do think did the best job for you? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, beshears said:

Now that your "officially" home, I want to say thank you for taking me and many others on your cruise of the Carnival Horizon, which the 8 of us plan to do the middle part of March.  You mentioned about writing a review on the Norwegian ship you plan to take around Thanksgiving, which is just around the corner. 🙂 I hope you enjoy the cruise on the Norwegian, as not only my friend and I, but many others were very UNHAPPY with the Norwegian Star, which was a "brand new" (maybe that was the reason (???) ship.  I won't go into details, but one thing that bothered me was in the Atrim area, they had PLASTIC flowers that you could buy at K-Mart for 10 cents a piece, how tactic that was!  So cheap I thought they were! For me (the Norwegian may be different now ???), I like several options to choose from to see/do on the ship if I wish.  There was hardly anything to see/do on this ship. We thought maybe it was just the two of us that were unhappy in many ways with this ship, but every time we passed the Guest/Purser's desk, we heard so many people complaining. 😞 Then, when we got on the flight to come back to Kansas City, we could not believe ALL the people that were complaining on our flight about the cruise we had just got off, so guess it wasn't just us.

Thanks for reading, beshears... I've cruised on all of NCL's mega ships from the Epic forward, and I've always had a good experience...  The new Encore marks a change in the Norwegian experience, with the addition of the race track and the laser tag replacing Spice H2O... I like try out the new ships soon after they come out to form my own opinions...

3 hours ago, cruiser147147 said:

Sid -- What's the verdict on the 3 hangover cures you brought on this cruise?    < Detoxx for hangovers Flyby:  DHM >  Which one do think did the best job for you? 

I ended up switching back and forth between the three, and often used all three in the same day... I really do believe that they help, especially with the amount of tequila I was drinking... I would usually use three of either the Flyby or Detoxx before, and one of the DHM afterwards...

22 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I ended up switching back and forth between the three, and often used all three in the same day... I really do believe that they help, especially with the amount of tequila I was drinking... I would usually use three of either the Flyby or Detoxx before, and one of the DHM afterwards...

I used FlyBy and DHM interchangeably.  I'd say they are both equal.  And, both were effective.  Now, I'm kinda ashamed to say that I used them daily, but I did. So there!

I was mixing drinks, too.  Beer/Bourbon/Gin.  Or, Scotch/tequila/vodka.  Or, some other concoction.  Ordinarily, those aren't drinks that I'd mix, or drink in succession, or even remotely drink on a regular basis.  But, on a cruise?  Not having to drive anywhere?  My bed being a short walk (stagger?) from any bar?  Hell yeah!

Thanks for the heads up on these Sid!!!!! 

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

I used FlyBy and DHM interchangeably.  I'd say they are both equal.  And, both were effective.  Now, I'm kinda ashamed to say that I used them daily, but I did. So there!

I was mixing drinks, too.  Beer/Bourbon/Gin.  Or, Scotch/tequila/vodka.  Or, some other concoction.  Ordinarily, those aren't drinks that I'd mix, or drink in succession, or even remotely drink on a regular basis.  But, on a cruise?  Not having to drive anywhere?  My bed being a short walk (stagger?) from any bar?  Hell yeah!

Oh, yes... I was definitely using at least one or two different types of product every single day... Sometimes, all three...

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 8:24 PM, blarko said:

I’m seriously sitting here cracking up at this.....😂😂😂😂

You and Sid game another laugh for the day - cracking me up!

On 10/8/2019 at 4:28 PM, N7786W Flyer said:

Not sure what browser you're using, but in Firefox, once you've signed in to Cruise Critic, simply go to the main page on the Carnival board and click on the blue dot to the left of the thread and that will take you to your first unread post in the thread.

Garnett

Works in Chrome also.  But I have a CC page set up with all of the threads I follow so I can quickly find the ones I want to read.  Once I land at that page, the blue dot/star trick works.

• Like 1

Hey Sid, been a lurker since your first review. Just never posted. Appreciate your entertaining style. Got the wife to read you and she has a PHD and says you

have  a wonderful writing style.  I'm a fellow tequila lover. Keep your head up, your living life to the fullest, you just don't realize it! Going on the Horizon the same week your going on the Encore. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jerrymac said:

Hey Sid, been a lurker since your first review. Just never posted. Appreciate your entertaining style. Got the wife to read you and she has a PHD and says you

have  a wonderful writing style.  I'm a fellow tequila lover. Keep your head up, your living life to the fullest, you just don't realize it! Going on the Horizon the same week your going on the Encore. 

Hopefully you'll do more than lurk in the next "review"... And, thanks for the compliments:) ... The Encore review will give you something to do to help with the post cruise withdrawal...

11 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks for chiming in GG.  I always like hearing of experiences with these types of products. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks....I help where I can. 😉

Your sacrifice 😀 is appreciated.  Us mere mortals have to find a way to approach Sid's good times. 
My Flyby arrived today and DHM arrives tomorrow.  Cruising Getaway form NOLA on 11-08-19 plus hopefully several more while GA is in NOLA.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cruiser147147 said:

Your sacrifice 😀 is appreciated.  Us mere mortals have to find a way to approach Sid's good times. 
My Flyby arrived today and DHM arrives tomorrow.  Cruising Getaway form NOLA on 11-08-19 plus hopefully several more while GA is in NOLA.

I'm really going to have to try and get these companies to pay me somehow for all this free advertising...

• Like 3

On 10/8/2019 at 2:55 PM, blarko said:

I didn't make the cut **heavy sigh** 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

By way of apology, make Sid show you his giant piece of meat! Oh, wait, he already did. Many times!

I made the cut (rubbing it in a little more) but was too far down the list for my liking. Maybe because Sid didn't time his cruise correctly to NOT coincide with mine! I'm going head to head with @deedle7544 to get #1 on Encore review. Bring it on!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/10/2019 at 8:55 AM, sid_9169 said:

Thanks for reading, beshears... I've cruised on all of NCL's mega ships from the Epic forward, and I've always had a good experience...  The new Encore marks a change in the Norwegian experience, with the addition of the race track and the laser tag replacing Spice H2O... I like try out the new ships soon after they come out to form my own opinions...

Sid...you love adventure and thrill, but have you ever done the ropes courses, sky rides or zip lining at sea? Do we need to double dog dare you? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CRUISERMOMX3 said:

Sid...you love adventure and thrill, but have you ever done the ropes courses, sky rides or zip lining at sea? Do we need to double dog dare you? 

I've done the ropes course on Carnival and Norwegian, as well as the zip line and walking the plank on NCL...

Thank you for the great review!  I found this thread due to booking the Horizon.  Then, the ATL thread was mentioned (early on), so I began reading that thread because my DH and I had just moved to ATL. You will never know how much your ATL thread helped me because I wasn't settling in very well at the beginning.  Anyway, thank you and carry on!  I'm going to pop over and finish the ATL thread now!

Lisa

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 2bthereagain said:

Thank you for the great review!  I found this thread due to booking the Horizon.  Then, the ATL thread was mentioned (early on), so I began reading that thread because my DH and I had just moved to ATL. You will never know how much your ATL thread helped me because I wasn't settling in very well at the beginning.  Anyway, thank you and carry on!  I'm going to pop over and finish the ATL thread now!

Lisa

Thanks for reading, Lisa... And, hopefully you'll find something useful in the ATL thread...

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 7:51 PM, sid_9169 said:

I'm starting to think that the company Fly-by owes me some royalties at this point... I've never tried tequila with pineapple, but it sounds good:)

On 10/11/2019 at 7:28 PM, sid_9169 said:

I'm really going to have to try and get these companies to pay me somehow for all this free advertising...

If you did a website you could have people buy from it and you'd get paid.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm resurrecting this thread to let you all know that I'll be sailing on the brand new Virgin Voyages to Cozumel and Bimini on June 26 the... Join me for the Live Review over on the Virgin Voyages message board beginning a few days prior...

IMG_20200109_182448.jpg

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm resurrecting this thread to let you all know that I'll be sailing on the brand new Virgin Voyages to Cozumel and Bimini on June 26 the... Join me for the Live Review over on the Virgin Voyages message board beginning a few days prior...

IMG_20200109_182448.jpg

Sounds interesting. I’m going to definitely need a reminder closer to the cruise..and a link to the virgin voyages board...I didn’t know there was one.

• Like 1