Linking Reservations for Parents and Kids

mandmmom

My husband and I are traveling with our 19 and 17 year old daughters. They are in a room across the hall from us. The TA called and was told that the reservations cannot be linked. Does this mean that we will be placed at different tables at dinner? I figure we can fix this once on the ship if this is the case, but the reason I am trying to get them linked is so that I can book excursions for the 4 of us. On Carnival this was not an issue and I was able to access both bookings with one login. Was customer service wrong? Is there a way to link the two reservations so I can book the excursions?

We've linked cabins before with other adults and sat at a table for 9 with them.  Perhaps the TA misunderstood the request?  Maybe your TA thought you wanted keys for their room, which you can't do beforehand, but can do onboard at Passenger Services??  Regardless, Princess can and does cross reference cabins to ensure dining seating is together.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mandmmom said:

The TA called and was told that the reservations cannot be linked.

Your TA is wrong.  Call them and tell them to link the reservations.  If they say they can't do it, ask to speak to their supervisor and make the request.  Also mention to the supervisor that the TA needs more training.

If your TA is a solo, independent agent, then, after calling and asking again, and receiving the same answer, call Princess and tell them the problem you're having with the TA and maybe they can make the link for you.

• Like 5

Unless the TA totally misunderstood what you were asking about you need a new TA!!

Of course the reservations can be linked!! In fact I would have thought they would have been booked together under one reservation code since I would imagine you booked both rooms!!

• Like 3

Oh and I forgot to add, to book shore excursions you can just log into each booking number separately. The cruise personalizers will look the same, just log into one with your info and the other with your daughter's info (name and birthdate). I would not book shore excursions through that TA and you can do it yourself anyway. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

Absolutely they can be linked together. My family's two cabins are always linked. Your TA is wrong. Tell them again to do it or else call Princess and they can do it. 

100% correct rocklinmom

They can absolutely be linked.  I've done it with friends and family every time!  As a matter of fact, Princess has helped me out before with this even when I've booked with a TA.  

And, in terms of the excursions, there are no names on the excursion tickets so just buy them at the same time under each reservation number and you shouldn't have any issues.  Like I mentioned, we've done all sorts of cruises with family and friends and have never had any issues.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

I'd like to know why there are 2 separate reservations nos for kids cabins that were booked by the parents???

Don't know if it's the same on Princess, but on DCL, each room has it's own reservation #, even if it's booked as part of a group.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Shmoo here said:

Don't know if it's the same on Princess, but on DCL, each room has it's own reservation #, even if it's booked as part of a group.

Interesting! I would not have thought that would be the case for one family booking 2 cabins.

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

Unless the TA totally misunderstood what you were asking about you need a new TA!!

Of course the reservations can be linked!! In fact I would have thought they would have been booked together under one reservation code since I would imagine you booked both rooms!!

So you don't think the 17 year old took the credit card and booked a family holiday? My kid doesn't have access to a credit card with a high enough limit to do this and doesn't know our birthdays so no surprise family vacations for us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

And, in terms of the excursions, there are no names on the excursion tickets so just buy them at the same time under each reservation number and you shouldn't have any issues.  Like I mentioned, we've done all sorts of cruises with family and friends and have never had any issues.  

Starting a year or so ago when you book excursions it asks which person(s) in the cabin they are for. And the tickets delivered to your cabin will each have the name of each person it was booked for.

Of course nobody every looked at the names on these tickets when you hand them in for the excursion.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mandmmom said:

My husband and I are traveling with our 19 and 17 year old daughters. They are in a room across the hall from us. The TA called and was told that the reservations cannot be linked.

The only purpose on Princess to have linked bookings is for table assignment when you have traditional (fixed-time) dinner seatings.

If you are in traditional dining, the bookings can be linked. If you are in anytime dining, there is no reason to link them.

As others pointed out, the booking of excursions has nothing to do with linked cabin bookings.

51 minutes ago, Ombud said:

You need a new TA. My PCP links everybody, I buy all excursions and they are all delivered to our rooms with our names on them. If my PCP can do it, why can't a TA?

We can easily link bookings online in the Princess system. But I suspect this linking issue may have to do with minors in the cabin. Technically the 19 year old isn’t a minor, but being that 21 hasn’t been hit yet the system might not be accepting the linking online. Have the TA call their Princess line (not the general Princess number  - there is a # specifically for TAs to call) to get it done. It’s amazing the power - and the knowledge - those reps on the other end of the phone have.

Edited by idahospud
  • Like 1

We travel with my parents all the time and we get our reservations linked so that we can eat together at dinner.

I suspect that the issue is that each party to the linked reservations needs to give permission for the linking. In this case, your 19 yo daughter is probably considered an adult by Princess and would need to give her permission to link the reservations. It should be a formality, but might be what is necessary in your case.

54 minutes ago, mosenga said:

We travel with my parents all the time and we get our reservations linked so that we can eat together at dinner.

I suspect that the issue is that each party to the linked reservations needs to give permission for the linking. In this case, your 19 yo daughter is probably considered an adult by Princess and would need to give her permission to link the reservations. It should be a formality, but might be what is necessary in your case.

We do this quite often and have never needed permission.

• Like 1