WIFI and WIFI Calling Liberty of the Seas

texasblueyez

Hi - I need to know if there is reliable WIFI and WIFI calling on the Liberty of the Seas.  It is VERY important that my husband have access to his labtop and phone while we are away for work purposes.  I wanted to see if anyone has been on this ship RECENTLY or knows how I can find out RELIABLE information on this.  I know the VOOM plan will need to be purchased, and we plan on doing that, and also we need to make sure AT&T allows WIFI calling and they do on our plan,  but I am more worried about the reliability of the service, especially while out at sea.  We basically will have to cancel this trip if he can't get service and we didn't buy insurance, so we really dont want to do that. :( Any help or assistance is GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks!!!! 

Weather and specific ports can have an impact on service as well, unfortunately there's really no way to have 100% certainty of internet uptime. No internet service has perfect reliability, and satellite based internet has more room for interference than traditional cable or fiber. 

Also, most insurance wouldn't cover cancelling for poor internet (I don't even think this would fall under cancel for work reasons), so I think you'd likely be in the same situation even with insurance.

13 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

just like here at home nothing is 100% reliable, however that being said, I was on Liberty three weeks ago and did not have any  problems with Voom 

Thank you so much for the feedback.  I understand things can happen and thankfully we have reliable internet here at home. His job requires him to be available for the week we are gone.  We know in Cozumel we have service as we just got back from Cancun, but the out at sea is what I was concerned about.  Were you able to get calls and make calls as well as use your email?

4 minutes ago, texasblueyez said:

...  Were you able to get calls and make calls as well as use your email?

Yes, most of the time, but every once in a while I never received the call and saw there was a voicemail.

I was on the Liberty for the August 4 sailing. I had the Surf + Stream package.

I had an emergency with my dog back home and was able to do several wifi calls to my vet while on the ship during the first of the two sea days back to Galveston after visiting Cozumel.

Note that on the second sea day back, there was a ship-wide internet outage (on-board equipment issues) that took 24 hours to resolve. We finally got internet back on disembarkation day.

Otherwise, we had no issues with the internet.

Steve