"Live" - Ovation of the Seas 20-30 Sept 2019 - Our not normal cruise to Hawaii

PCWalton1

On 9/18/2019 at 8:20 PM, PCWalton1 said:

We are on deck seven in 7262. As I said an obstructed balcony but not really as there doesn't appear to be much there except Jamie Oliver's 2 deck down. We will see. 

We are in 7262 for the next cruise, Hawaii to Sydney.  Please post pictures.

Thanks,

Howard

19 hours ago, Drock20J said:

My Pleasure, I used to live on Oahu. It is one of my favorite places on this planet!

Also, if you are going to be there any day BUT Tuesday you should go to Hanauma Bay, this is has been voted as the 2nd best snorkeling location IN THE WORLD! Get there early as they limit the amount of people in the bay. We got there before 7:30 and parking was free. They have full rentals there on the beach! This is a MUST in my opinion. It is a short drive from your hotel (maybe 20 minutes. it is on the other side of Diamond Head.)

What happens on Tuesday? Just curious. I need to tell my husband about this. He likes snorkeling. We don't have mask, snorkel and fins. Where could we rent them? There must be lots of places, no?

2 minutes ago, TwinMamainMN said:

What happens on Tuesday? Just curious. I need to tell my husband about this. He likes snorkeling. We don't have mask, snorkel and fins. Where could we rent them? There must be lots of places, no?

Hanuama Bay is a protected site. So on Tuesdays they close to allow the eco system to "reset."

As for the rentals there is a rental shack on the beach where you can get a myriad of gear. Just a reminder when going, they do not let you use certain kinds of sunscreen.

You will love it! The Reef starts about 5ft after the water line and the fish that you see, will just simply amaze you. I would personally wear a rash guard as there are times that you might skim the coral with your chest.

• Like 1

We had originally booked this cruise for our 25th Anniversary but then changed to the Symphony going to the caribbean for a couple of reasons - I don't like cold weather and looked like we were going to start in cooler weather, and we live in NH so it was going to be a long journey to and from as well as a lot of days.  We actually wanted to be on the ship during our Anniversary which is Oct 1 so the Symphony seems like a better fit.  We leave next thurs to go to Miami for a couple days then the cruise leaves on Sat.  I'm interested to see the pictures from your cruise!

Finally got my wifi code. We went to Chops for dinner and when we got back to the cabin we found nothing had been done to the cabin all day.
Went to guest services to find out our cabin attendant is not on board. Guess they figured they would just not take care of us for a day. Nice.
They finally sent someone around about 9pm. We didn't even have a cruise compass

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

Finally got my wifi code. We went to Chops for dinner and when we got back to the cabin we found nothing had been done to the cabin all day.
Went to guest services to find out our cabin attendant is not on board. Guess they figured they would just not take care of us for a day. Nice.
They finally sent someone around about 9pm. We didn't even have a cruise compass

So, you have one of the new "virtual" cabin attendants with self cleaning option??

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Wonder how that happens, must be 10 or 12 other cabins in the the same boat as you......maybe they pick up  a cabin steward attendent at the next stop or if you feel the ship slow to a crawl maybe someone is jumping onboard. Good luck with this situation, I'm sure this isn'tthe end of this issue..............heading to customer service.......cha ching  OBC