EPIC Hotel or InterContinental in Miami?

AUgirl

I've searched and read several opinions on both of these hotels, but I still can't make my mind up. I can book either the EPIC Hotel or the InterContinental in Miami for about the same price for one night. I'm mainly looking for a good view of the POM and a nice pool. From what I've found, here are the advantages of each:

EPIC Hotel - newly refurbished, nicer looking hotel (?), private balconies with the rooms, rooftop pools

InterContinental - better views of the POM, has a club level, closer to the Bayside Marketplace, and slightly closer to the POM

Would anyone like to add an opinion and help me to decide which hotel to stay at before our cruise? We'll be arriving in the early afternoon the day before our cruise and I'd like to make the most of it.   

In terms of hotel Epic is more luxurious than Intercontinental.  It is newer of the two.

However, when you say you can get them for the same price this sounds to me that it will be one of the lower prices at Epic and if that is the case my concern would be if you are on a lower floor and face the draw bridge you will hear lots of noise throughout the evening as vehicles go across the bridge.  Now if you take a room on a higher floor different story.

So if the lower price room at Epic I would go with Intercontinental.  If not then I would go with Epic if you are on a higher floor.

Keith

Thanks so much for the replies, I booked the Epic! I booked the Epic 29 Waterview King Premier room, it was around the same price as just a King Bayview room at Intercontinental. It doesn't sound like I could go wrong with either hotel.  🙂