Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Host Bonjour

Palma de Mallorca DIY - NEW

Recommended Posts

What is the quickest way back from the Port of Soller? That would be my biggest concern.

Thank you 

 

ML

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mary Louise said:

What is the quickest way back from the Port of Soller? That would be my biggest concern.

Thank you 

 

ML

 

We've returned by both bus and train (from Soller after taking the tram from the port).  The train was faster.  However, due to scheduled departure times you might find the bus works better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mskaufman said:

 

We've returned by both bus and train (from Soller after taking the tram from the port).  The train was faster.  However, due to scheduled departure times you might find the bus works better.

Hi ,I find it very irritating that someone answers a question when they give  a wrong answer .Since I live In Mallorca I think I know better.

You can get a bus directly from Port de Soller to Palma Leaves 2.15 pm arrives 2.41 pm, The Train is NOT faster it takes one hour.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

where is the bus station in port de soller? is it easy to find?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, singinalot said:

where is the bus station in port de soller? is it easy to find?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 The bus stop is about a 6min walk from the sea front I suggest you ask the tourist office which is where the tram stops See google maps it will show you the route

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, roger b said:

Hi ,I find it very irritating that someone answers a question when they give  a wrong answer .Since I live In Mallorca I think I know better.

You can get a bus directly from Port de Soller to Palma Leaves 2.15 pm arrives 2.41 pm, The Train is NOT faster it takes one hour.  

 

We must have taken the scenic route (via Valdemossa)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello - we're renting a car from Arash (thanks for tip) to drive to Soller and then work our way back through Valldemossa &  Andratx.  Is this route OK vs starting with Andratx?  Also, before we return our car to the port, we want to walk around Palma - can we park near Palma or should we return car and walk/taxi back to town?

Any comments/suggestions welcomed.  Thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, cloogs said:

Hello - we're renting a car from Arash (thanks for tip) to drive to Soller and then work our way back through Valldemossa &  Andratx.  Is this route OK vs starting with Andratx?  Also, before we return our car to the port, we want to walk around Palma - can we park near Palma or should we return car and walk/taxi back to town?

Any comments/suggestions welcomed.  Thank you 

 This is a great tour I hope you have a full day in port, I would start by driving to Andratx ,straight on to the motorway out of the port (  a stop in Port de Andratx for a coffee on the quay) Don't bother stopping in the town of Andratx.

 Follow the road around the coast towards Soller  ( spectacular ) come off for Valldermosa, continue to Soller try to go to Port De Soller .

       From Soller take the tunnel back to Palma ,

                   This a really long day out as the drive around the coast is a good 2 hrs if you are tight on time start by driving to Valldermossa.

                      

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Roger - we're in port from 9am-6pm so i think we should be fine - sounds like we start in Andratx - how much time should we plan on spending in either Soller and Valldermossa - seeing the main sights?   I know it will be a busy day but we're up to it - thanks again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cloogs said:

Thanks Roger - we're in port from 9am-6pm so i think we should be fine - sounds like we start in Andratx - how much time should we plan on spending in either Soller and Valldermossa - seeing the main sights?   I know it will be a busy day but we're up to it - thanks again

 30 min Drive to Port de Andratx .

On to Valldermossa allow 1 hr drive, might be less, 45min in Valldermossa.

30 min Drive to Port de Soller ,15 mins Drive to Soller 45 mins around the town back to Palma 30 mins through the tunnel all times are approx.

If you have time you can park in any of the underground parking in Palma. but you might only get a drive round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roger B,  We will be docked in Palma de Mallorca Oct 26th on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas from 8 am to 4 pm.  Thinking of going into Old Town to see some things, have a bite to eat and just walk around.  What is the best way to get there from the port.   What are the things to see in that area that we can walk to.  And how should we get back to the port.  Also, just wondering what the weather will be the end of October.

 

We will be back again on Monday, Nov 2nd and we already have plans to visit Soller and Valdemossa so wanted to see some of the city in October. 

 

Appreciate any information you can provide.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am looking for recommendation for a beach? Please provide information on what the beach includes and how to get there walking or taxi? Are taxis per person or per ride? Thank you to anyone who has been there already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danny_rae79 said:

I am looking for recommendation for a beach? Please provide information on what the beach includes and how to get there walking or taxi? Are taxis per person or per ride? Thank you to anyone who has been there already. 

 My Recommendation is :

 

https://www.abc-mallorca.com/illetes/

 

Illetes beach a 15 min taxi ride from the port about 10/15 euro's the taxi's are metered for 1/4 people .

there are no beaches walkable from the port , this beach has good facilities and is not a party beach.

There 3 small beaches in Illetes all are very safe and have sandy beaches.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, beachbuddy said:

Roger B,  We will be docked in Palma de Mallorca Oct 26th on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas from 8 am to 4 pm.  Thinking of going into Old Town to see some things, have a bite to eat and just walk around.  What is the best way to get there from the port.   What are the things to see in that area that we can walk to.  And how should we get back to the port.  Also, just wondering what the weather will be the end of October.

 

We will be back again on Monday, Nov 2nd and we already have plans to visit Soller and Valdemossa so wanted to see some of the city in October. 

 

Appreciate any information you can provide.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, roger b said:

 Here are the best bits to see :

 

https://www.seemallorca.com/sightseeing-walk-through

 

 The Weather Can be fantastic at the end of October this year it was but no guarantees , get a taxi back to the it is easy and cheap.

 

Thank you Roger B.  the website is a big help.  One more question.  We can take a taxi back, about how much is the cost?  Should we take a taxi there too or a bus?  There are at least 2 of us, possibly 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, beachbuddy said:

Thank you Roger B.  the website is a big help.  One more question.  We can take a taxi back, about how much is the cost?  Should we take a taxi there too or a bus?  There are at least 2 of us, possibly 4.

 Hi ,

  Royal C usually dock at the new cruise terminal this is too long a walk just get out of the port gates ,A taxi is cheap about 10 euro's its on a meter and the drivers do not expect a tip ,Give one if you wish but only a small amount. 

 Do the  walk that starts at the market  Oliver then its down hill.

 You will finish your day somewhere near the Cathedral and you could get the ships shuttle back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, roger b said:

 Hi ,

  Royal C usually dock at the new cruise terminal this is too long a walk just get out of the port gates ,A taxi is cheap about 10 euro's its on a meter and the drivers do not expect a tip ,Give one if you wish but only a small amount. 

 Do the  walk that starts at the market  Oliver then its down hill.

 You will finish your day somewhere near the Cathedral and you could get the ships shuttle back.

Thank you so much.  I didn't realize that Royal has a shuttle.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We would like to rent a scooter while we are there. Is there a rental place near the cruise port? We will be there in October on Royal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2020 at 3:04 PM, roger b said:

 30 min Drive to Port de Andratx .

On to Valldermossa allow 1 hr drive, might be less, 45min in Valldermossa.

30 min Drive to Port de Soller ,15 mins Drive to Soller 45 mins around the town back to Palma 30 mins through the tunnel all times are approx.

If you have time you can park in any of the underground parking in Palma. but you might only get a drive round.

Thanks Roger - very much appreciate all your insight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, smallfry74 said:

We would like to rent a scooter while we are there. Is there a rental place near the cruise port? We will be there in October on Royal.

I have never been asked that question before ,So I will do my best:

https://www.seemallorca.com/scooter/bullimoto-scooter-rental-de-697132?product_id=36232&start_date=2020-04-04

 

These people might deliver it to the port for you if not it is a short taxi ride away about 10 euro's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi roger b...thanks for all the info.  It will be our first time in Palma.

Guessing that Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas will be docking at the new terminal?...how can we find out or do you know?  If docking in the new terminal, walking to town will be too far. 

Based on all the readings, it's best to just take the shuttle from the cruise terminal to town...walk around town...then take the shuttle back.  Thoughts?  Thank you as always.

(Note: The first week, there will be just 2 of us...the second week, there will be 11 of us...all family with 2 using canes...limited walking.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 12:51 AM, roger b said:

 My Recommendation is :

 

https://www.abc-mallorca.com/illetes/

 

Illetes beach a 15 min taxi ride from the port about 10/15 euro's the taxi's are metered for 1/4 people .

there are no beaches walkable from the port , this beach has good facilities and is not a party beach.

There 3 small beaches in Illetes all are very safe and have sandy beaches.

 

Thank you so much! This sounds like a good plan. Do you know if there is a fee fore entrance and if they rent chairs? thank you again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...