Drinks in port

amberjohn

We have done a Catamaran tour in the past and didn't think the snorkeling in St Kitts was very

good so we are thinking about just hanging around the port area for a few hours.  Are there many

places to get a drink near the ship port?  What is the average price for a beer or drink?  Is there

anything else (other than the shops) you recommend us checking out?

Thanks..

On 9/19/2019 at 1:29 AM, amberjohn said:

We have done a Catamaran tour in the past and didn't think the snorkeling in St Kitts was very

good so we are thinking about just hanging around the port area for a few hours.  Are there many

places to get a drink near the ship port?  What is the average price for a beer or drink?  Is there

anything else (other than the shops) you recommend us checking out?

Thanks..

If a Cigar offiianado then https://www.lacasadelhabano.kn/

Select your favourite Cuban and pair it with a fine spirit.

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2019 at 10:11 PM, amberjohn said:

Are the prices reasonable at most bars in the port area? 2 for $5 seems like a great price.

Yes they are reasonable and competitive. Try and keep in mind though that can become an issue, the bars around the port can get very comfortable.

Let me make a suggestion if your going to drink at the bars around the port do it on your way back to the ship. 

Get the day pass to Palm Court Gardens or the Marriott head back to Port Zante a couple hours or so before your ship leaves and continue the party at one or more of the bars. 

When things get dicey you can stumble back to the ship, no problemo. Lotsa fun trust me.😆 Yep, 2 Caribe's $5(US) the bottles I think are like mini bottles or something ridiculous.

A six pack which would be $15(US) just piss me off. 12 for starters especially at the nice sidewalk bars, great atmosphere very comfortable killer bar tabs. 

Those Caribes are gone in 2 gulps they do that on purpose so you'll buy more and that's what I do.

Lots of people everywhere, do a day deal at Palm Court Gardens catch a taxi back to Port Zante ($5US) you can walk it I did 17 minutes. I wouldn't start drinking at the bars unless I was planning on staying the day around Port Zante or before I was heading back to the ship hammered. 

Have fun Todd

Most beautiful women in the Eastern Caribbean are at Palm Court Gardens. 

You'll figure it out.😉

Carib beer comes in a 330 ml bottle. 330 ml is just a little over 11 oz. Carib beer at the beer depot, where the locals buy their beer, is much cheaper, a case of 24 bottles plus deposit is about 50 EC dollars per case or in US $ 18.50   

6 hours ago, mets123 said:

Not true about the Carib bottles, they are full size twelve ounce bottles (or close to it as they are measured in ml and not ounces).

Absolutely true about the Carib bottles, small and aggravating. A six pack is anything but. 

Whatever but the bottles I was drinking from came to about 2 or so, not 3 gulps!!:classic_blush:

While were discussing this you got any idea what the alcohol content is of a Carib? I'm not kidding drank a BILLION of them at the bars on St. Kitts and all over the Caribbean never so much as caught a head buzz.🙄  Like I said they just piss me off, I get mad and start drinking real alcohol. Later Todd

On 11/9/2019 at 2:03 AM, mets123 said:

Also check out the local barbeque area just past the shops.  They have great grilled seafood and swarma at very affordable prices. 

That sounds yummy, I didn't see that, certainly have to check it out next year. 

Grilled local seafood is a must do. 

Especially on St. Kitts. Thanks cuz.😎

21 hours ago, paul58 said:

5.2% ABV

5.2% you sure about that chief? I don't know sounds to me like someone's doing funny math or sumthin!😆 

That 5.2% that US or is that 5.2% Caribbean??

4% at best US. I promise, I think they're fibbing. Crummy bottle should be sold as a great light beer because that's what it is. 

5 hours ago, paul58 said:

For whatever reason, It seemed that I was able to consume many more beers while on the island while not feeling the effects as  much as back home. The rum drinks are a different story.  

That's me exactly!! Thanks for the info.