How do I prepay my tips?

FranciscoFamily

2 hours ago, FranciscoFamily said:

We've got a cruise booked and I was hoping to go online and prepay my tips but I don't see a choice anywhere online.  How can I accomplish this?

If you don't see a choice, would have to guess you booked through a TA, just have them do it.  

If you have some non-refundable on board credit (OBC) or refundable OBC, you can use either one to pay for your tips/gratuities once you are actually on board.  Depending on your circumstances, you might want to wait to pay the automatic gratuities when you get on board.  If you prepay them, you can't use the OBC.   🍷

Another option is to simply purchase sufficient OBC to cover the cost of the gratuities. You don't need to try to designate it as being payment for the gratuities, as the OBC will simply be a credit to your account and the gratuities a debit.

Thank you all for the replies but I was hoping to avoid emailing or calling the TA or celebrity.  I had hoped it was as easy as a few clicks on the website.  I assume from all your replies that that is not the case and I will need to contact my Travel agent.

I did look for an option to add to my onboard account like to purchase on board credit and did not see that as a choice.

I have to say that I find the website sorely lacking as far as the options for an existing reservation.  It is very difficult to accomplish what you set out to do.

• Like 1

When you book with a TA the financial aspects of your booking are not visible and can’t be changed online , these must be done through your TA.  

You can purchase excursions, Internet, speciality dining packages,  beverage packages, etc. on-line.  You  can also make dining reservations, complete on-line check in and order luggage tag.  It just the things that change your booking ( cabin upgrade, price reductions, changing or adding booking perks, adding or changing passengers) that must be done through your TA.

if you go to your reservation and click on Manage Reservation then scroll down to Bin Voyage Gifts then as a selection in there you will find  the link to purchase OBC.

Edited by jelayne
Added info

42 minutes ago, jelayne said:

if you go to your reservation and click on Manage Reservation then scroll down to Bin Voyage Gifts then as a selection in there you will find  the link to purchase OBC.

:( Sadly I cannot find this either.  I click on manage reservation but there doesn't appear to be a bon voyage gifts choice.  Thanks for trying to help though, I thought we had a winner!

When you clicked on Manage Reservation and started to scrolled down past Flights By. Celebrity, Cruise  Planner, Shore Excursion, etc I forgot to tell you to click on the Delivery OnBoard link  OBC is one of the options in that category.  I apologize for omitting that info, rather than easing you stress seems I made it worse.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

When you clicked on Manage Reservation and started to scrolled down past Flights By. Celebrity, Cruise  Planner, Shore Excursion, etc I forgot to tell you to click on the Delivery OnBoard link  OBC is one of the options in that category.  I apologize for omitting that info, rather than easing you stress seems I made it worse.

I see it!  Yay!

I book directly with Celebrity and also wanted to prepay gratuities.....I called my celebrity rep directly and she added them to the invoice, which I then instructed her to make my final payment by credit card.    Quickly handled.