Cruise Critic Community
gbadge

Services open when boarding Coral Princess

We will be cruising on the Coral on Sept. 29 to Panama Canal and will be traveling with 2 other couples.   My question is what bars are open when boarding where could meet?  Another question is which dining rooms are open for lunch when boarding? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

One of the main dining rooms will be open for lunch until 1:30.  The Food Court is open.  Crooners is open as well as all the bars up on Lido.  I'm not sure about what other bars are open since I rarely make i past Crooners!

Food: One DR open for lunch, International Cafe (small), Horizon Ct. Buffet, poolside pizza and the grill one deck above.

Bars: Lido Bar, Lotus Bar at the indoor pool, Crooner's, La Patisserie lobby bar (little seating). Other lounge bars usually open later in the afternoon. Times are listed on the back page of the Princess Patter.

Meet: If you board together you can all have lunch together in the DR. Other meeting options are Crooner's, deck 7 mid ship, Lotus Bar, deck 14, and either the Lido Bar, deck 14 or the Bar and Grill, deck 15. Deck 15 is very popular for the sail away.

skynight's comments are what I found embarking Coral Princess on July 31st.  The Bordeaux Dining Room was open for lunch.  At least at Whittier at that early hour of embarkation, there were few guests, it was unusually quiet for an Embarkation Day lunch, the service was impeccable, and the food was delicious.  A great way to start a cruise!

Crooner's would be a good place for friends to meet, I think. 

10 hours ago, gbadge said:

We will be cruising on the Coral on Sept. 29 to Panama Canal and will be traveling with 2 other couples.   My question is what bars are open when boarding where could meet?  Another question is which dining rooms are open for lunch when boarding? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Be sure to check the roll call for this date.   We are on same cruise and I don't see your name on the Meet/Greet list.   

Looking at an old Patter for the Coral embarkation day:

Bars:

Wheelhouse Bar 11AM

Crooners Bar 11AM

Lido Bar 11AM

Grill Bar 11AM

Dining:

Horizon Court 11:30AM

Bordeaux DR 12PM-1PM

Trident Grill 11AM

Pizzeria 11AM

International Cafe 24 hours

One of the very few things I dislike about Coral is having the Sanctuary on the back. I miss the Outrigger bar and my wife misses the Terrace Pool.