Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
39august

Closet in Sky Suite?

I should have asked this sooner as I am in the process of packing for our cruise on Setp. 23! Should I bring my usual magnetic hook for extra hanging storage in the Sky Suite? Or is it larger (I hope) than the closet in a regular veranda cabin?

7 minutes ago, 39august said:

I should have asked this sooner as I am in the process of packing for our cruise on Setp. 23! Should I bring my usual magnetic hook for extra hanging storage in the Sky Suite? Or is it larger (I hope) than the closet in a regular veranda cabin?

Are you on S class?   We definitely didn't need them on our last cruise, there's a ton of closet & drawer space, we actually had empty drawers!  Ended up dedicating one top drawer to the buff we needed to take with us each day.   Enjoy, we absolutely loved the suite perks :)

If on S class it all depends if you are in a S1 or a S2 suite. If it is a S2 you should be ok as the wardrobes run down the side of the cabin and there is an extra one over a regular cabin. If you are in a S1 I always find the storage tight as the wardrobe is behind the door in the wall that has the bathroom in it and they always feel less spacy. It probably does not help that we usually try to do a b2b on 2 different ships in the Caribbean and we stay in either Miami before and after the cruises so we have clothes for 4 weeks!!   

We did summit and infinity sky suites , huge closet with plenty of storage. Almost walk-in . Agree perks are fantastic 

Yes, S class in S2. So, looks as if I am safe to leave my magnetic hook at home. Thanks to all. 

27 minutes ago, George C said:

We did summit and infinity sky suites , huge closet with plenty of storage. Almost walk-in . Agree perks are fantastic 

Depends on when you were on Summit.  It has been "revolutionized" and I don't know if it's almost walk-in anymore.  I haven't seen any pictures of the new closets but will find out next week.

Yes they are still roomy the S class sky suites.

7 minutes ago, marycruz said:

Depends on when you were on Summit.  It has been "revolutionized" and I don't know if it's almost walk-in anymore.  I haven't seen any pictures of the new closets but will find out next week.

Did summit last year before upgrades , infinity this year same exact sky suite same suite number 6102

22 hours ago, marycruz said:

We sailed the Summit in May and there was only a double door closet which was tight.  I don’t know how it was before the revolution. On the S class S2 there are 2 double closets. 

49 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

We sailed the Summit in May and there was only a double door closet which was tight.  I don’t know how it was before the revolution. On the S class S2 there are 2 double closets. 

It's what I suspected.  I've heard they cut down on the closet space on Summit.  It used to have the two double doors and as George said you could walk into it. 

Just sad what they did to the M class sky suites.

9 hours ago, marycruz said:

It's what I suspected.  I've heard they cut down on the closet space on Summit.  It used to have the two double doors and as George said you could walk into it. 

Just sad what they did to the M class sky suites.

Agree.  In what world is eliminating a walk-in closet an enhancement???  Not in my world.

4 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Agree.  In what world is eliminating a walk-in closet an enhancement???  Not in my world.

But even so, it is worth giving up a walk-in closet in exchange for the major new enhancements the Celebrity "revolution"  is now providing for us.

For example, instead of the previous, dated, old-fashioned, comfortable and useful balcony furniture

image.png.80702dbc6e3ec8639b7779e6ea8d509f.png

Ta dah!   Celebrity now brings us the latest in exciting and innovative modern enhancements

image.png.540f5646c047927a1412d22d7beb6846.png

To quote the famous Celebrity slogan: 

That's Modern Luxury!

Edited by varoo