Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
madamerkf

Sunrise not going to Bermuda but Carnival comes through!

Recommended Posts

Because of Humberto the 9/16/2019 sailing out of Brooklyn went to Charleston instead. We were supposed to have at least a few hours in Bermuda. Just got an announcement from the captain that they can’t go to Bermuda but are giving us all 100% future cruise credit with two years to use it! So we wound up with 5/6 sea days which is actually fine by me. And my next cruise will be free. Can’t beat that and kudos to Carnival for fixing an otherwise not so great for your vacation situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! That's awesome! We are hoping to get to Bermuda on the Magic departing on 9/28. As long as we can get on the ship (flying from Wisconsin) I know we'll have a great time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a great deal!  I sailed on Carnival out of Baltimore last year and we were supposed to go to Bermuda.  We were rerouted to the Bahamas and got 25% off of our next cruise.  I thought that was nice.  Your deal is awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since it was a weather related diversion Carnival really went well above and beyond for you ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe sailing during hurricane season is not such a bad idea, eh? Hidden benefits are always welcome. For us our prime objective sailing during the hurricane season(when school is in session), was to avoid the crowds during  peak sailing season. I think we achieved our objective.....I think. Won't know until we sail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! Really nice on Carnival's part to give you a 100% credit on a future cruise when it was 1000% not their fault. Hope you're still enjoying your sailing, and if you use the credit for another Bermuda cruise you'll absolutely love it there! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently on the Pride.  Our Bermuda cruise turned into Grand Turk and Amber Cove.  Having a greatvtime. They gave us 25% FCC.

 

Karen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is awesome, way to go Carnival! I knew I should have stayed on this sailing and not switched to the Sunshine next week. HAHAHAHAHA.

 

I am wondering what will happen with Sunshine and Bermuda next week....I have a sneaking suspicion I won't be getting back to Bermuda...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was sitting at the Red Frog Rum Bar when the Captain made the announcement. The entire pool area broke out in applause and cheers. I think that 95 percent of the passengers understood and were very happy. Of course the other 5 percent.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

I was sitting at the Red Frog Rum Bar when the Captain made the announcement. The entire pool area broke out in applause and cheers. I think that 95 percent of the passengers understood and were very happy. Of course the other 5 percent.....

 

After reading all your reviews, why am I not surprised to hear this is where you were? :classic_biggrin: Hope you have had a good cruise Jeff. I can't wait to read your review.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

That is awesome, way to go Carnival! I knew I should have stayed on this sailing and not switched to the Sunshine next week. HAHAHAHAHA.

 

I am wondering what will happen with Sunshine and Bermuda next week....I have a sneaking suspicion I won't be getting back to Bermuda...

Just a really strong feeling we aren’t going to Bermuda....... but we will make the best of it!

 

Kim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LUVMYGSDOG said:

Just a really strong feeling we aren’t going to Bermuda....... but we will make the best of it!

 

Kim

Yes Kim, we will! We will have a great time wherever they send us. As long as I am not at work, or having to cook and clean, I will be happy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leaving on the Breeze this Saturday and hopefully make it to Bermuda! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great end result.  I just got off the Sunrise on the 16th when this cruise departed.  We were disembarked in Manhattan before she repositioned to Brooklyn.  For some reason everyone on our cruise got about a $140 or so credit for a refund of port charges, which we were never told about.  Carnival at least makes the effort to do the right thing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are on the Breeze this Saturday also.  Supposed to be in Bermuda Monday afternoon thru Tuesday afternoon.  Exact same time hurricane Jerry will be visiting.  :(   Interested in where we will go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cannot beat free - hope everyone on board feels lucky. Those that don’t - well they don’t have to use the FCC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just remember that the 100% future cruise credit is equal to what you paid for your current cruise (ie: If you paid $399.99 for your current cruise, Carnival will credit you $399.99 for your future cruise).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, bunnyman said:

Great end result.  I just got off the Sunrise on the 16th when this cruise departed.  We were disembarked in Manhattan before she repositioned to Brooklyn.  For some reason everyone on our cruise got about a $140 or so credit for a refund of port charges, which we were never told about.  Carnival at least makes the effort to do the right thing!

Hi - I was on the cruise 9/12-16th as well. Funny enough I was actually booked on the 9/16-22 but switched it a couple of months ago to accommodate my aunt who was traveling with us. The cruise was an 80th BD present for my mom, so I am glad we were actually able to go to Bermuda instead of getting a free cruise.

 

Anyway to answer your question, I asked about the $70 or so credit. I was told that the port taxes were much less than anticipated, so it was a refund. I actually was pretty impressed with Carnival refunding us, they could have kept it and we wouldn't have known any different.

Did it take you a long time to get off the ship? it took us an hour to get into the building, it was ridiculous. They kept on saying it was customs, but there was no line in customs and they had 6 agents working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fingers crossed we are on the Magic to Bermuda on 9/28 also.looking forward to spendI  time with my sons and their wives! Family cruise. Will make the best of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, madamerkf said:

Because of Humberto the 9/16/2019 sailing out of Brooklyn went to Charleston instead. We were supposed to have at least a few hours in Bermuda. Just got an announcement from the captain that they can’t go to Bermuda but are giving us all 100% future cruise credit with two years to use it! So we wound up with 5/6 sea days which is actually fine by me. And my next cruise will be free. Can’t beat that and kudos to Carnival for fixing an otherwise not so great for your vacation situation. 

That's very generous of them and I give props where it is due.  

 

We are scheduled to depart for Bermuda next week and I hope we get to go, but at least I know Carnival will do what they can to make guests happy.  

 

How is Charleston? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MiamiLady said:

Fingers crossed we are on the Magic to Bermuda on 9/28 also.looking forward to spendI  time with my sons and their wives! Family cruise. Will make the best of it. 

 

I'm in Palm Beach County also, and will be on that cruise too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I have heard, Bermuda was without power. The trip has been very rocky with rough waters. 18 foot swells according to the captain. The entertainment crew has been amazing in trying to keep it all fun! Most of the people applauded when we found out about the FCC. I asked at guest services and they told me it included taxes and port charges, even though they already refunded us the port charges. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard about the power outages also, not looking good. I will take a future cruise credit and enjoy wherever the vacation takes me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Maybe sailing during hurricane season is not such a bad idea, eh?

 

The move Carnival made is to make more people think this way. Tons of people are scared to death to travel during peak hurricane season. I've been on a September vacation the past 6 years, and haven't been affected by a hurricane yet, but one day it will likely come. It's not the end of the world. For how cheap, the great weather, and fewer kids, I love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...