Down time in Boston morning of cruise

djpk2003

I have never cruised out of Boston and am looking for some advice. Because I wanted to leave a cushion of time allow for any flight delays or issues, we are going to arrive at Logan about 2 hours before we can board the ship. The plan is to take an Uber to the port, but my question is...what then? Originally I thought we could grab breakfast or something until I remembered we will have our luggage in tow. Any thoughts? Flight is set to arrive at 8:21, our boarding time is not until 10:30. Will we be able to drop our bags with the porter and just hang out until our check-in time? 

Other option is to head to a hotel for a leisurely breakfast where you can check your luggage while you eat and then head over to the ship. If you wanted to get a fun glimpse of Boston while you eat a favorite spot of ours is the Bristol Lounge at the Four Seasons. It overlooks Boston Public Garden. You'll be another 12-15 minute ride over to the port from there. 

Which cruiseline?  What time of year?  If you’re really hungry, grab something at the airport and wait to eat lunch on the ship, which should be available at 11:30 and no later than 12.  When I sailed last Sun, the porters were taking luggage at 9:30.

Alternatively, what is the latest you can board?  I’d suggest dropping the bags as early as you can and then spending 3-4 hours in town.  You can see at lot in that time frame such as Public Garden, Faneuil Hall, lunch in the North End or one of the Irish pubs, Union Oyster House,  tour  the Capitol building. Most of this is walkable or easily accessible using the T...   October is a great time to be in Boston.