Beach in Malaga

Sadie65

13 hours ago, Sadie65 said:

We will be stopping in Malaga on our Celebrity Cruise in September, 2020.

Which would be the best beach to visit and how should we get there?

La Malagueta beach is only 5 minutes walk from the cruise terminal - just walk out of the entrance and bear right at the lighthouse.

SO much more to see in Malaga than just a beach though.

Malaquetta beach is in Malaga proper and in walking distance from dock. This year chair/umbrella rental was 10€. For other Costa del Sol beaches some kind of transport is needed. Torremolinos is 30 min by M121 bus from center of Malaga (not bus station)

23 hours ago, hkto said:

Malaquetta beach is in Malaga proper and in walking distance from dock. This year chair/umbrella rental was 10€. For other Costa del Sol beaches some kind of transport is needed. Torremolinos is 30 min by M121 bus from center of Malaga (not bus station)

You don't need to go into the centre of Malaga to get a bus to Torremolinos as the M110 stops at the Muelle Heredia bus station immediately outside the port entrance (the port entrance is a 1.5km walk from the cruise terminal so use the shuttle bus if you have walking difficulties).  http://siu.ctmam.ctan.es/es/horarios_lineas_tabla.php?from=1&linea=1 

The journey is quicker by train buy you would need to walk a further 10 minutes to the Malaga Centro (Alameda) railway station; trains rum every 20 minutes.

Edited by campolady

Sorry for confusion, to me Muelle Heredia is center (may south of it). Main station near Zambrano rail station is not. But they are not that far apart. IMHO Torremolinos beach is not worth the trip especially if time is short. 

Not on the beach topic trip to Mijas on M112 is interesting but probably needs at least 4 hr time commitment

21 hours ago, hkto said:

Sorry for confusion, to me Muelle Heredia is center (may south of it). Main station near Zambrano rail station is not. But they are not that far apart. IMHO Torremolinos beach is not worth the trip especially if time is short. 

Not on the beach topic trip to Mijas on M112 is interesting but probably needs at least 4 hr time commitment

Yes, it is confusing.  As most buses go in to Maria Zambrano we al know it as the Malaga central bus station.  I agree that Torremolinos (or any other resort) is not worth the trip which is why I suggested La Malagueta beach.

Edited by campolady

On 9/21/2019 at 9:03 AM, hkto said:

7 hours ago, campolady said:

Yes, it is confusing.  As most buses go in to Maria Zambrano we al know it as the Malaga central bus station.  I agree that Torremolinos (or any other resort) is not worth the trip which is why I suggested La Malagueta beach.

And to add to the confusion there is a station  called 'Centro' where the C1 and C2 Cercanias trains terminate.  However, we agree with Campolady in that the area around the main bus station and Maria Zambrano Train Station (next door to each other) is known to many as  "central Malaga".  When we get off the ALSA bus at the bus station we are in "central Malaga".

• Like 1