NCL balcony for 3 that sleeps 4

Ivola

I would like to find out whether it is possible to book an NCL balcony cabin for 3 people that actually sleeps 4 people. I can not do it online but was told over the phone that it can be done. I am skeptical.

Any thoughts or personal experiences would be welcome

The online booking engine doesn't show all available cabins. You will be offered a set of cabins which fits your category and number of passengers. If you want more options you need to call a PCC at the NCL number and have them do the booking for you.

We usually book a mini-suite for three people. We review the deck plans and make a short list of cabins which we like for their location. Then we call our PCC and ask what is available. It's very easy.

Our third passenger sleeps in the pullman berth. This leaves the sofa available for all of us.

I was able to book a mini suite w/ large balcony - sleeps 4 - online & had picked 2 passengers. A few cabins came up that slept either 3 or 4 even though we were 2. Have also in the past booked online a cabin that sleeps 4 & we were only 3 passengers. Seems weird that you can't do that online.

5 hours ago, Ivola said:

I would like to find out whether it is possible to book an NCL balcony cabin for 3 people that actually sleeps 4 people. I can not do it online but was told over the phone that it can be done. I am skeptical.

Any thoughts or personal experiences would be welcome

Not a problem at all. There are many more cabins that sleep three or four than  can  possibly be filled due to safety reasons.

Your best bet is to familiarize yourself with the deck plans and type of room you'd like. Before you call NCL... load up the deck plan on your computer or tablet. This way when you are speaking to the rep and they suggest a room, you can pull that deck right up to see if this works for you. 

The reason the online system doesn't let you do that is because it is probably trying to book for max capacity.  If it books a 4 person cabin for 3 or even 2 people, then it has shorted capacity by 1 or 2 passengers.   It is also now short one cabin if another group of 4 needs that room.  I wouldn't be surprised if at some point a group of 2 in a room holding 4 is asked to move to a different room so the cruise line can accommodate a group of 4. 

This could also be one of the reasons it uses the sailaway option.

Edited by RedwingHockeyFan