Cruise Critic Community
conciergecruiser

Anyone recently off the Escape ?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone who was just off the Escape can tell me if that great bartender "Chips Ahoy" or Junifirst Ohuy is still onboard ?

My family and I had the pleasure of meeting him while he was working the 5 O'clock somewhere bar on the Waterfront on our Bahamas cruise on the Escape this past April. I would appreciate anyone's help...Thank you

Thank you, he is a pretty memorable character, he sings, has a great personality and I believe he is from South Korea, just an amazing "Vacation Hero" in my mind..If anyone else has just come off the Escape, please let me know...Thanks P.S, his nkickname is I think.".Chips Ahoy," but his real name is Junifirst Ohuy .

Edited by conciergecruiser

Just got off Sunday and that guy definitely was not at that bar and I would know spent all my time there. Govind the bartender there was awesome though. Maybe the guy you were talking about was at a different bar. 

Thank you, it is just 1 guy tho, his nickname is Chips Ahoy :) He Usually works the waterfront, I was looking forward to saying hello on my upcoming cruise next month..If anyone else has a sighting of him, let me know !!

He's on Facebook - why don't you just message him and ask him what ship he's working on?  (His name is Junifirst Ohoy)

7 hours ago, conciergecruiser said:

Thank you, He is not on Facebook recently, since 2018, I did message him !

Try his wife - her name is Diane.  I'm not friends with them but I am friends with another crew member who knows them.

Edited by pcakes122

Hello...UPDATE...I Instant Messaged him on FB and he is on the Dawn...Thanks to all who responded !! My family will miss seeing him on the Escape, he really was our vacation hero !!