Celebrity Press Release (9/20/19) New Ad Campaign: 'Wonder Awaits"

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Today's Press release (9/20/19) from Celebrity :

Celebrity to launch new ad campaign "Wonder Awaits", on the 71st Emmy Awards on Sunday, September 22nd. BTW, Spoiler alert for Captain Kate fans 🙂
Here's a link to the Celebrity Press Release & Video : https://multivu.com/players/English/82190510-celebrity-cruises-unlocks-world-of-wonder/

Thought this might be helpful. Enjoy !
  • Like 4

BTW,  my sincere apologies for not posting lately. Work has been extremely busy, but I will make every effort to participate as much as possible ! 

Miss everyone very much. Hope you are doing well.

• Like 3

I love it! We saw Jefferson Starship on our Flower Power Cruise and they are still a great band. White Rabbit is my favorite - unfortunately no Grace Slick, but the person in her place had a great voice.

Okay, I am going out on a limb here, but since they obviously paid dearly for the rights to use that song, could that possibly be the new theme for Apex's Eden - will it be the Garden or Wonderland  (though I know that is taken) or something like that? I still don't have Eden showing up on my Apex Cruise Planner and all other Edge venues are so have wondered if they are going with a different theme. When I asked a rep why it didn't show up she said maybe they are going in a different direction or will have a new name (not sure if she knew something or was just thinking out loud). I've been trying to guess what would fit with the organic, garden-like venue.  Anyway, just wondering if there will be a new theme (hope so - it would differentiate the ships) and maybe related to Alice.  Will find out soon if they are going with the same theme and maybe tweaking the menu and that's why there is a delay in it showing up on the Cruise Planner. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 2

Very interesting.. They seem to be going with a 60s related  theme once again, at least  in the PR. 

Maybe they think old time hippies still want to spend time in an alternate reality ,  and have the funds to do so .

Cruising on APEX  Could be quite a trip !  "Just Ask Alice!"

Edited by hcat
  • Haha 2

Just now, Oville said:

Thanks for the video Andy and happy to see you back posting here.  Katie

My pleasure Katie. Happy to be back. I hope all is well !!!

1 minute ago, hcat said:

Very interesting.. They seem to be gling with a 60s related  theme once again, at least  in the PR. 

Maybe they think old time hippies still want to spend time in an alternate reality ,  and have the funds to do so .

Cruising on APEX  Could be quite a trip !  "Just Ask Alice!"

Sounds great to this "old hippie"! ✌️

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the marketing piece and got to relive our time on Edge. I did like that it was not directed toward families with small kids or even anyone in their 20s or 30s with their music choice. But Captain Kate fans will appreciate her moments in this. She is like gold to Celebrity. 

Welcome back to Celebrity, Andy.

You have been missed here.

"Wonder Awaits" is certainly a most fitting and appropriate slogan for the latest Celebrity changes.

Every time I learn about another change they are making, I wonder what the heck they are doing and why in the world they are doing it. 😉

• Like 4

On 9/20/2019 at 8:43 AM, Andy said:

BTW,  my sincere apologies for not posting lately. Work has been extremely busy, but I will make every effort to participate as much as possible ! 

Miss everyone very much. Hope you are doing well.

Welcome back Andy!  Good to see you here...

I have not sailed with Celebrity in a few years and when I look at that video? The only thing that music makes me think of is the 70's movie it is related to and the girl in it who got into drugs and her addiction.

Not what I consider a great PR set up.....but I guess they are supposed know the background of

music themes before they use them?:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, hcat said:

Hi Andy

Hope all good with you . Miss you on the X boards.

Agree this needs to Merge with thread by cruisinggator

Thanks very much for your kind words Hcat !

It's been a very challenging few months. Had a wonderful Social Media project in deep discussions, and was fairly certain it was going to happen. Out of the blue, it fell apart earlier this week. While I'm extremely disappointed, I must move on. One thing I've learned from personal experiences, is that when something doesn't happen, it seriously hurts for a little while... but, it usually opens the door for something MUCH better. We'll see !

I've also been writing a book about Cruising and, in part, my experiences and passion for Social Media. Unsure if it will ever get it published, but only time will tell.

In the meantime, I will try to be here as much as possible, and I'm thrilled to be back. Sad to see this forum so quiet. Hopefully, we can all change that.

• Like 2

The ad appeals to me because of the music, which evokes nostalgia, and having sailed the Edge, it matches my feelings for the Edge with its unique and often whimsical design, art and entertainment. I'm probably not in the group they are targeting, but if I hadn't sailed on Celebrity, I would be tempted to book.

That said, as someone on the other thread said, if I booked another X ship , such as the Infinity, after seeing this ad (and might because of pricing), I would be quite surprised (and likely disappointed, if I had been expecting an edgy experience). BTW, I have sailed the Infinity a few times and enjoy the ship, but I know what to expect.

Edited by vtcruising

10 minutes ago, Andy said:

Thanks very much for your kind words Hcat !

It's been a very challenging few months. Had a wonderful Social Media project in deep discussions, and was fairly certain it was going to happen. Out of the blue, it fell apart earlier this week. While I'm extremely disappointed, I must move on. One thing I've learned from personal experiences, is that when something doesn't happen, it seriously hurts for a little while... but, it usually opens the door for something MUCH better. We'll see !

I've also been writing a book about Cruising and, in part, my experiences and passion for Social Media. Unsure if it will ever get it published, but only time will tell.

In the meantime, I will try to be here as much as possible, and I'm thrilled to be back. Sad to see this forum so quiet. Hopefully, we can all change that.

Sorry about the opportunity that didn't work out, but hope it turns out for the best! Will look forward to reading your book!

I laughed so hard I cried at this ad. It is funny and surprising.  It finds common ground across generational mind bending experiences with the young woman and Grace Slick’s White Rabbit music.

I enjoyed Eden, but I wasn’t sure most passengers would be able to suspend their logical minds to do so.

I hope they retain the premium luxury experience. Even if it’s not modern luxury.

They are definitely all in with the Eden experience.