Mardi Gras sister ship coming out in 2022 homeport

jimbo5544

52 minutes ago, Garth2 said:

Assuming the passenger capacity is the same or greater than Mardi Gras, which is almost 5,300, this is why Carnival has staggered arrival appointments and doesn't want everyone to show up at 11:00.

if only carnival can do something to enforce this, people will still up at 11am. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I would have been stunned if the new ship went any where other than Miami or Canaveral. 

Agree, it was foolish to think otherwise, there are good reasons operationally as well (infrastructure).

Edited by jimbo5544

10 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Carnivale, as that was the second ship after Mardi Gras.

Thank you, you know I stared at the sentence as it looked wrong. Should have looked up the correct spelling. I was thinking Carnivale as that was a Carnival ship and it fit the theme.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 12:20 AM, English-Greg said:

What about the Panorama based in Long Beach?

I think he meant THAT particular new ship.  He knows Carnival has put new ships in many ports.  That said, I have my doubts whether the west coast can support the Panorama with just one itinerary, but we will see.

9 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I think he meant THAT particular new ship.  He knows Carnival has put new ships in many ports.  That said, I have my doubts whether the west coast can support the Panorama with just one itinerary, but we will see.

Actually three. They do one journey cruise to AK in the summer. Then there's the two Hawaii journey cruises in April and October. 

7 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

Actually three. They do one journey cruise to AK in the summer. Then there's the two Hawaii journey cruises in April and October. 

True enough, and I am sure those will sell very well.  It is the other 50+ weeks I am much more concerned with, esp in the colder months.

15 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

True enough, and I am sure those will sell very well.  It is the other 50+ weeks I am much more concerned with, esp in the colder months.

Having sailed the Splendor on this Itinerary twice, I'm not worried about them filling the ship. I am worried about having a place to park should I choose to do this again. 

10 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

Having sailed the Splendor on this Itinerary twice, I'm not worried about them filling the ship. I am worried about having a place to park should I choose to do this again. 

Not to belabor the point, but the Splendor failed in Long Beach...big time.  They had to significantly discount rooms to fill her.  That is why they brought a new ship back to the east coast.  

3 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Not to belabor the point, but the Splendor failed in Long Beach...big time.  They had to significantly discount rooms to fill her.  That is why they brought a new ship back to the east coast.  

Was that her first run out here or the second one? She was filled to the brim on both of my cruises in the last two years.